• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you like animals?

I do have ethics and personal values, they just differ from most people.

Think of it like travelling to a foreign land. There, the culture is different and people just value completely different things to you. What offends and makes them get on the moral high horse might seem petty to you.

Having antisocial traits in neither better or worse than having autistic traits, it is jus part of the neurodiversity of the human brain.

Having antisocial traits in neither better or worse than having autistic traits, it is jus part of the neurodiversity of the human brain.
When did I say anything related to that? All I said is my moral compass is different than others.

My point is that I'm not amoral, like how some people tried to imply.

When did I say anything related to that? All I said is my moral compass is different than others.

My point is that I'm not amoral, like how some people tried to imply.

I dont think you said that. I wanted to make clear that point because you seemed to consider that antisocial people have no moral or ethics. So when you said that you DO have moral an ethics, it seemed like you was saying:

I cant have antisocial traits because I DO have moral and ethics.

Many people with antisocial traits do have some degree of morals and ethics. From white to dark there are too many degrees of gray.

Its up to you to check if you have antisocial traits or not. Its your life.

I have never ever heard of an autist person with morals like the ones you describe, but many antisocial people do have exactly that kind of morals.

Not the clearest picture. But my wife with Dakota. Dakota was such a good dog even my wife's allergy to dog couldn't keep her away.

Screenshot_20220704-062421_Dropbox.jpg

I have never ever heard of an autist person with morals like the ones you describe, but many antisocial people do have exactly that kind of morals.
Not all people on the spectrum are the same. Some of us are very capable of antisocial behavior like Adam Lanza and Elliot Rodger.

I aggressively don't care about them. My apathy becomes hate due to how extreme it is. I see them as no different than any background object or "prop" you see around your house. The reason for this because they cannot communicate verbally, in the same language as human beings. I don't see anything I can't communicate with in human language as an equal or worth giving common decency or respect to.

I tend to love animals more than humans. Spoken language is abstract and is very poor in communicating true internal feelings and perceptions. In that regard, I generally relate to non-human animals far better. My closest, best friends have been other animals.

I aggressively don't care about them. My apathy becomes hate due to how extreme it is. I see them as no different than any background object or "prop" you see around your house. The reason for this because they cannot communicate verbally, in the same language as human beings. I don't see anything I can't communicate with in human language as an equal or worth giving common decency or respect to.

Don't say that to an elephant.

fad229810bb25cfdc0503244b4b5cb33.jpg

Honestly I am much more empathetic towards animals than towards humans. I hate to see them suffer when they're innocent.

What about humans that communicate verbally very well, but in a different language that you cannot understand?
What about humans that cannot speak? There are many non-speaking humans; many non-speaking autistics. Do you consider them as inanimate objects unworthy of respect?
What about humans that communicate by sign language?
Would you consider a non-speaking human with a much higher IQ than you to be unworthy of your respect or common decency?
What about non-human species that can communicate by sign language and/or other means? Example: Koko was a female gorilla that was taught "human" sign language and was capable of holding a conversation with humans. A skeptic asked Koko if she was an animal or a person. Koko replied that she was a gorilla person. (Sadly, Koko died on 19-Jun-2018 at the age of 46.)

New Threads

Top Bottom