• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you dislike or fear any specific animal?

I'm not crazy about spiders, although I've sort of been gradually desensitizing myself towards them by learning more about them and all the different species....some of the scientific names they have are amazing. I also like looking at cute jumping spider memes online and at funny and cute cartoon spiders in movies/books (like Rosie from A Bug's Life, Nails from Cool World, Charlotte from Charlotte's Web, and Miss Spider). I still feel uncomfortable having one in the same proximity as me, but I no longer have a "panic" response to them.
Are you little pink coupe by chance? If so long time no see!

Not to mention many people would love to watch spiders and insects burning in fire, even though they're mostly beneficial to human.

I'll admit that the appearance and tactile sensation of bugs make me squeamish, and despite their ecological utility, I still react like this:
tenor.gif

Dogs. Especially since getting attacked by a pit bull, but even small ones can be very irritating. For some reason the small ones seem to love me though.

Spiders, especially wood spiders. Lots of them around here, every house I've lived in. Thankfully I've learned techniques to keep them out of the house and garage here.

Snakes. One time there was a corn snake on my porch and I did everything I could to avoid it, instant panic when setting foot on the porch. Used to have snakes living in my woodpile at the old house too.

Big moths. Especially the ones with scary markings that look like eyes on the wings. And the worst is when they get in the house and start banging into things as they fly around.

I have a legitimate phobia of parasites, particularly internal ones. I'm not fond of arthropods being on me or in my home uninvited, but wouldn't say I'm afraid of them, and certainly don't generally dislike them (they were actually my very first special interest, and I love holding giant millipedes - I'd have one for a pet, but they're actually quite a bit of work to care for). Other than that, no, I can't think of any.

Okay dont much like millipides or centipides in my house. But mainly its big spiders. Like Tarantulas. Give me the shudders. Question are they as venomous asive heard?

Okay dont much like millipides or centipides in my house. But mainly its big spiders. Like Tarantulas. Give me the shudders. Question are they as venomous asive heard?

Tarantulas? They won't do any more damage than a bee sting would if they bite. Centipedes, it depends on the kind. House centipedes also will not cause any more damage than a bee sting, but there are some species that I've heard their bite can be as painful as a gunshot wound. Millipedes are not venomous at all.

Mosquitoes and small dogs. Honestly they're the same thing as far as I'm concerned. (Sarcasm)

Mosquitoes I hate because they go straight for me over anyone else, and bites plus hypersensitivity means I often cannot think coherent thoughts because the itching is so overwhelming.

I don't think I really dislike any animal. I find them fascinating. Small dogs don't like me because I'm so much bigger than them, and the high pitched sounds and twitchy behavior cause me anxiety.

New Threads

Top Bottom