• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you dislike or fear any specific animal?

Libecht

Does any animal disgust or scares you?
(Random off-topic question: Should I use animals or animal?)

For most people, spiders, rats, insects, catapillars and snakes are super disgusting or scary. But I think it's irrational and unfair to those animals. Surely they may be harmful to people. I'd freak out if there were a lion in front of me, but I don't hate lions at all. Not to mention many people would love to watch spiders and insects burning in fire, even though they're mostly beneficial to human. I understand the fear kept our ancestors alive, but people nowadays can and should be better than this.

Personally I don't dislike any kinds of animals for they're all wonderful and unique beings, who are parts of nature like us. I rarely harm any animal unless it threatens my life. No creature should be hated.

So, do you hate any animal and why? If you do, is it the "OMG kill it with fire I hope this creature go extinct" or "Holy crap I gotta run please don't let me see it again" fear?

Last edited:
I dislike snakes and reptiles in general. I don't really know why, I just do. I do like spiders.

i have a completely irrational fear of spiders, i live in New Zealand where
there are no poisonous spiders, and no snakes btw.
every time i see a spider my heart speeds up and i have to go through an
eye rolling inner dialogue with my reptilian brain:oops:
i appear completely calm, but for some reason spiders freak me out.

oh and sharks, sharks ARE scary, they are giant teeth chomping monsters
that hide in the ocean and sneak up and eat people who like to swim or surf
or whatever. they are scary.
every time i go swimming in my mind i hear dun, dun.....dun, dun......dundundundun dun DAH!:eek:

I have a fear of crabs nipping at my toes. My toes start to tingle and I feel an overwhelming desire to pull my feet away from the floor when I imagine paddling in water at the sea side.

Skanky, musty smelling, disease carrying city mice, but not field or wood mice. I have had terrible experience with the former, taking over a flat where I once lived.

I dislike snakes and reptiles in general. I don't really know why, I just do. I do like spiders.
On the contrary I love reptiles a lot (Just look at my profile pic XD)
oh and sharks, sharks ARE scary, they are giant teeth chomping monsters
that hide in the ocean and sneak up and eat people who like to swim or surf
or whatever. they are scary.
Hmmm...To me sharks are just like any kinds of predator except they live in ocean. Fun fact: There are more people dying of selfie than being killed by sharks. They are very peaceful creatures actually. I suppose it's all the film's fault.

We have all the scary animals you can imagine, from lions and leopards, to hyenas (they are scary), to buffalo and hippo (deadly) to great white sharks - the whole works. I grew up with them and have seen some pity horrific stuff, but dislike or fear them? No, I love the animals and find it a great tragedy that so many 'civilized' people in the world live on superstitious beliefs which cause the poaching that we encounter.

I cannot think offhand of an animal or insect that I dislike.

We have all the scary animals you can imagine, from lions and leopards, to hyenas (they are scary), to buffalo and hippo (deadly) to great white sharks - the whole works. I grew up with them and have seen some pity horrific stuff, but dislike or fear them? No, I love the animals and find it a great tragedy that so many 'civilized' people in the world live on superstitious beliefs which cause the poaching that we encounter.

I cannot think offhand of an animal or insect that I dislike.
What do you mean by "We"?

Also I 100% agree with you :D

On the contrary I love reptiles a lot (Just look at my profile pic XD)

Hmmm...To me sharks are just like any kinds of predator except they live in ocean. Fun fact: There are more people dying of selfie than being killed by sharks. They are very peaceful creatures actually. I suppose it's all the film's fault.

oh those kind of statistics are so skewed and annoy me, if they actually calculated the data
by the number of people who are actually frequently in the ocean instead of 'every body'
the probability percentage would actually be a tad more alarming.

sure the chance of being attacked by a shark while
riding in a taxi might not be overly high though.:p

i think sharks are stunningly amazing animals, the kind of animal
that reminds you of the power and fearsome reality of nature,
that it's raw power should be feared and respected.

i like to think sharks would feel kinda bummed out to know people
thought they were no more scary than someone taking a selfie. ;)

I generally dislike parasites and vermin, but my hatered for them is contextual. So long they don't interfere with my affairs I am fine. Other than that I have an appreciation for all organisms and their place in the ever complicated web of life.

I used to hate wasps with a passion, but that was mostly fear. I still fear wasps, but not to the point that I will run around screaming like I used to.

I'm scared of Snakes, especially Cobras and Anacondas, but strangely I'm drawn to watching Snake related Wildlife videos on YouTube.

I do like Bats though, the only flying Mammal.

Dislike any pigeons or seagulls. And arachnids or insects inside my home.

I HATE bugs especially spiders. But bugs of any kind that crawl I despise. I do like butterfiles though but I don't consider them a bug.

I also hate rats, mice, and gerbils anything rodent-like, yuck. Not fond of birds either, epspecially people who keep birds in the house, yuck. Worst smell ever.

I dislike spiders, bees, and wasps. Wasps mainly because they're hateful little things. Spiders cause I'm scared that one is gonna get one of my cats and hurt/kill them.

i do like dogs but still afraid of them, afraid of getting bite , feer is far from always rational.

pic-111-665x532.jpg

Small dogs really annoy me, but I don't mind big dogs so long as they are well behaved. I think my dislike may actually be displaced annoyance at their owners who don't keep them under control, which seems to happen a lot more with small dogs, and a sensitivity to their smell which makes me nauseous.

I'm scared of centipedes and millipedes, but find caterpillars cute.

I dislike pigeons., and find rats really gross.

New Threads

Top Bottom