• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Describe something you do that mildly irritates others but you do it anyway.

Clueless in Canada

V.I.P Member
I tend to reply to all internet memes and uplifting positive perspective memes as though I am a school teacher and am correcting the content or the structure. Okay, so I am or was a school teacher.....but it drives me nuts when the message is muddled by any inaccuracy be it grammatical or factual. I have been told off for doing this so I try to do it less but I suspect I don't really care if it annoys people. I like accuracy and clarity.

I'm not posting this so you can tell me to stop doing it. I want to know what you persist in doing that others have complained of.

I tend to reply to all internet memes and uplifting positive perspective memes as though I am a school teacher and am correcting the content or the structure. Okay, so I am or was a school teacher.....but it drives me nuts when the message is muddled by any inaccuracy be it grammatical or factual. I have been told off for doing this so I try to do it less but I suspect I don't really care if it annoys people. I like accuracy and clarity.

I'm not posting this so you can tell me to stop doing it. I want to know what you persist in doing that others have complained of.
I probably do a lot of things that annoy people but don't care. I just replied to a post could you please check it for errors? Not this one, the other one lol. Does that annoy you? Lmao. Just playing

Yep. Internet memes really irritate me, not only for their deliberate misspelling and grammar errors, but also because they are just nonsense and I can't undertand what they are supposed to communicate most of the time. I often can't relate the image to the text. I dislike them and never use them. If I want to make some sort of statement, I'll do it directly.

Rant over - back to the question :) One thing I do that annoys my partner is that I'm always putting his left-over food back in the fridge when he actually wants it left out so he can pick at it - I do it becuase I'm worried about the food spoiling and going off.

Another thing is that I get distracted easily - when we are going to go out, I always seem to find something to do at the last minute, or get distracted by something and I hold us up.

I also don't always turn on the extractor fan when cooking, and instead open the window for the air to circulate, because the noise really bothers me, and that bothers my partner, but I really hate the noise.

Another thing: the TV. My partner sits and watches TV whenever he's in the house and I'm constantly either turning it down on turning it off, because having it constantly on and having to hear it all the time drives me insane - even if I'm upstairs and the TV is downstairs, I can hear it and I can't concentrate, this constant background noise that I can't shut out that is really tiring.

even if I'm upstairs and the TV is downstairs, I can hear it and I can't concentrate, this constant background noise that I can't shut out that is really tiring.

Same.

Although when I'm in the same room as the TV I can be annoying...

I tend to talk for the presenters, giving them false characters or pretend to argue with them.
Or spoil the plot...

I can be quite relentless but it stops the boredom if actually watching most things.

Presenters are usually founding members of the enthusiasm club.
I can't handle ersatz enthusiasm

" Another thing: the TV. My partner sits and watches TV whenever he's in the house and I'm constantly either turning it down on turning it off, because having it constantly on and having to hear it all the time drives me insane - even if I'm upstairs and the TV is downstairs, I can hear it and I can't concentrate, this constant background noise that I can't shut out that is really tiring. "

Oh boy can I relate to this. My roommate turns on the TV in the living room then goes to her bedroom (where she turns on her TV) without turning off the TV in the living room. She has to have constant noise and I can't stand constant noise. I grew up in a quiet household , she grew up in a noisy household and can't stand quiet. I have no idea how we have managed to live together for so many years.

I make a lot of corrections, too. And if it's supposed to be serious - I'm like, "Come on. Really???" I' not sure that really irritates anyone I know. But it does irritate others when they post something themselves and I make a correction.

exist.png

I turn on the TV first thing in the morning and turn it off when I go to bed. It’s on ALL day, even if I take a shower or walk the dog. And it’s huge and loud!
That isn’t even the most annoying thing about me...bwaahhahahaaa

Answer in film script, song lyric or rhyming.

It’s only because I know it can irritate Mr Gracey and as a bit of a joke will do it all the more :)

Persons entering my home now think “SHOES !” is my new word for “hello”
(A reminder to remove their shoes)

I’m unable to keep a mouth guard in the entire night.
I know I can grind my teeth (dentist informs me)
But am not consciously aware I’m doing it.

Crunching crunchy foods sat up in bed watching tv,
next to Mr G’ who’s lay down trying to fall asleep :)

If the crunching and teeth grinding wasn’t enough,
I have a stim with my feet/ankles just before I finally drift off to sleep.

I usually do that. I go for exasperating :)

My wife know me well enough. We usually end up laughing.

We have a series of in jokes and stupidites I've started, too many to count probably :)

Same :)

He does things that wind me up too.
He knows they do,
he isn’t being unkind, he’s jokingly winding me up which;
Like you say,
Ends up in laughter :)

New Threads

Top Bottom