• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What effect is the pandemic having on your mental health?

• It is making it easier

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • It is making it harder

Votes: 49 75.4%

• Total voters
I am very concerned about kids' educations, some kids learn better in class than at home and parents struggling and not everyone has the same apps so it's good our school district provided devices for everyone so they have all the apps as needed and for the parents to use too. Plus the videos for my son's class are laggy and I am hearing every student complain about it to their teacher.

But I also know we can't pretend this pandemic is over.

Yes, it strikes me as something between a challenge and a nightmare trying to get every kid online and on the same playing field between having the right computer, a sufficient amount of broadband bandwidth, and everyone having the same understanding of how to use a computer's operating system.

I recently upgraded my G-band router from obsolete to state-of-the-art 5G band. Made a HUGE difference in how online video works. And there's one critical consideration that works against everybody. The reality that in this pandemic there are many more people online than before. Those unemployed, and those working from home. Slowing down the collective nature of available broadband, unless you have state-of-the art technology that you shouldn't really expect from much of any public school system.

And we have the most expensive internet in the area because we need that large bandwidth because we stream videos a lot. We Netflix and youtube and we have Disney Plus. We also have unlimited data on our AT&T with the plan. That is my dad's phone plan, not ours and we pay our share of it because we are on his phone plan. It saves us money.

I feel sorry for poor parents who can't afford high speed internet. We have high speed internet. We pay around $170 for it. We would downgrade the price but then we get slower internet.

Now my daughter's device had stopped scanning the QR code to login so I might have to ask the school if she had can a login ID and password since the device won't always scan the code. Another option is have her do her work in her booklet and take a photo of it and send it to the teacher so she can see the work. That is what I did with my doctor's letter when I texted it to my boss.

Can you get some of those lightbulbs that simulate natural sunlight? I've read that they are effective in preventing SAD symptoms. Meanwhile, I'm glad the meds are helping you. Jail and the psych ward are absolutely the last resort! Do you have a mental health care professional whom you can contact if things get bad for you who could prescribe something else or take action to help you stay out of the psych ward - or jail? A safety net for yourself if you are really struggling? Just concerned about you, AspieOtaku.
ill be ok i got hold of my psychyatrist and pharmacist and described my situation and grew resistance to my meds so they upped the doses ill be better.I wont be going back to psyche ward and wont go back to jail i did not violate probation for dui, jails boring but ya do time ya know ya get out, psyche wards worse ya might never get out for a long time.You dont know when ya get out even when you hope to.I stayed quiet to ensure higher i got out after 3 days if i didnt id be there for weeks and possibly months be careful what ya say after being booked for the dui i had a psychiatrist interview me on a one to one suicide watch i was careful what i said upon release he would have committed me.

Last edited:
My meds have been doubled i hate taking them but this pandemic has caused more anxiety and depression longer than expected i was supposed to be off em last spring but covid pandemic winter aint ending ever! I have to keep taking my meds or ill do something dumb like trying to kill myself or self harm and be back in the psyche ward making my gf sad mad at me, my dad sad mad at me and letting my friends down. Im locked away again, tied to a bed, sedated, treated like a baby and watching kiddy movies again with nonslip socks. I hate this crap.

The other day I drove by a big homemade sign, of cardboard and Magic Marker, in someone's front yard that said "IF YOU ARE UGLY OR HAVE COVID, PLEASE WEAR A MASK". I chuckled out loud. Humor helps.
:D

Yes I have in Scotland all my life. I am happy and grateful I have this forum and facebook, to stay in touch. Back when Spanish flu was prevalent there was no social media

Got my meds doubled im better now, keeping in touch with coworkers via meetings to stay sane. I miss everyone. Its gonna be a while till i get back to work, im still getting paid but it sucks i miss working and my crew.

I'm feeling quite fatigued trying to track current changes in UK.

I'm led to believe the central government has handed the decision making over new restrictions to curb the Covid spikes, to local authorities.

Each borough or county having it's own guidelines as a result of it's unique infection rates.

I see the sense behind it, just weary trying to keep up with firstly,
finding the new, accurate information,
and then adapting new routines for me and mine.

Went to the beach it was open for once had to get outta home i feel much better i love the ocean.We had a heat wave escaped the heat.

^I don't think it's against the law to go out for walks alone where you live. It sounds like you are just staying in your room and not going outside at all. When the smoke is clear you could go out for walks just to get some sunshine so you don't feel so depressed. If you are concerned then wear a mask during your walk and stay away from others.

Seeing mask wearing people is causing me to have an meltdown sometimes. I am starting to react the same way as when I hear profanity. It's bad and I am worried that my doctor might double my medication.

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I've been on here. I'll try to be brief. I'm not doing well right now mentally or emotionally. I've been having bouts of depression and feeling despair.
I haven't worked at my retail job since March due to being furloughed due to covid-19. I didn't like that job anyway. The problem is before covid-19 crisis, I planned on getting a better job and being more social. I was planning on hanging out with people more. Now, news reports say cases are rising again and there may be a second wave. The job market isn't doing too well. Millions of people are out of work.
I miss having the freedom to go wherever without limitations. I'm glad I can socialize online though. I didn't like hanging out much, but at least then I had a choice to stay home or go out. I'm staying with my family, but still I get lonely sometimes. How are you all doing out there?

Hi Desiree, i echo how you are feeling, i got a new job after being unemployed for six monlths, i'm also finding life hard ATM, having problems at work,and being recently single feeling isolated and more than a little anxious, making new friends and joining a group seem impossible right now and the uncertainty related to cover-19 feels a extra layer to this, prehaps we should both focus on what we can control and try gratitude for the good and positive aspects in our life, i wish you luck with that and welcome other members ideas/advise concerning this matter.

Hi Desiree, i echo how you are feeling, i got a new job after being unemployed for six monlths, i'm also finding life hard ATM, having problems at work,and being recently single feeling isolated and more than a little anxious, making new friends and joining a group seem impossible right now and the uncertainty related to cover-19 feels a extra layer to this, prehaps we should both focus on what we can control and try gratitude for the good and positive aspects in our life, i wish you luck with that and welcome other members ideas/advise concerning this matter.
That's so true. Thanks. We should focus more on what we can control. Having gratitude is great. Life can be difficult at times, but keeping a positive attitude can help make one feel better. I'm usually a positive, upbeat person, but lately I let things get to me. I'll continue to meditate and focus on the greater things in life. Wishing you the best. Things will get better .

New Threads

Top Bottom