• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Day light savings time... : (

Do you like daylight savings time?

• yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • don't give a rip : )

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Chance

"all who wander are not lost" - Tolkien
V.I.P Member
It steals time from me and is of zero benefit to me because I need early daylight to beat the golfers... (get my stuff done - not literally BEAT them!) Thought I might need to clarify... Though that thought has crossed my mind a couple thousand times... (evil grin)

All my stuff is early morning... So I'm back in the dark again... : )
Kind of a thing for me anyway.

What do yall think, or is it nothing to you...?

Frankly, I think it's past time to end it. It doesn't seem to help like it did a hundred years ago plus it throws things off. Some states don't observe it, so that was a challenge for me when I was driving a truck. I'd have to juggle around the scheduling in relationship to where I had to be. Another thing is I hate having to reset all of the clocks in my house: 12 clocks, two wristwatches, and three timers. The TV automatically sets itself, as does the computer, cell phones, and cordless landline. Oh, I also have to set the weather radio. Talk about a pain.:mad:

Its another reason I like AZ (northern only really) but no time change and yes really confusing...

Well, makes complete sense why you (Chance) don't like it if you have a lot to do before the golfers hit the links. I used to like DST because I hated coming home from work in the dark and it seemed the only time I got to be in daylight was the weekends. Now if I had all those clocks Sportster has well then...............

I've never been a fan of daylight savings time, it's not needed. We don't use oil lamps at all when it was first thought up. The good thing is that most of my technology updates automatically so I don't have to reset anything.

Yes, I like it because I work afternoons/evenings and I appreciate the extra hour of daylight in the evening. It also signifies the coming of summer - that always makes me happy.

Part of me wanted to say I don't give a rip because that sounded cool. However I quite like it. I ve heard it prevents accidents.

Daylight savings time completely throws my metabolism off. Woke up extremely early, had to go back to bed, and woke up feeling anything but refreshed. And I go through this every single time. :mad:

I love it when clocks go back and its light from 5am cos I love to take my dog out when no-one else is about and we have the whole park/woods to ourselves, places that don't usually have any street lighting for it to be safe to go there when its dark. on the other hand its lighter for longer so kids are playing our until late evening so I can't go out for a quiet evening walks cos there's too many kids about.

I love it when clocks go back and its light from 5am cos I love to take my dog out when no-one else is about and we have the whole park/woods to ourselves, places that don't usually have any street lighting for it to be safe to go there when its dark. on the other hand its lighter for longer so kids are playing our until late evening so I can't go out for a quiet evening walks cos there's too many kids about.
that's what I hate about the summer what I legally have to call parents appear to think they should foist their children !!!!!!!!on people that live in the street so they don't have to discipline them or be responsible in any way and people who consume copious amounts of alcohol have even more time to do so

An extra hour in the sack! What's not to like? :D

It's not an extra hour... We lost an hour, but gain it back in the fall...
Its not about THE ONE HOUR at all... Its how it messes up my internal clock ALL THE WAY AROUND... (sort of what Judge was saying)

Lunch is at the wrong time, the sun comes up at the wrong time and goes down at the wrong time (to me)

Its just more stuff to mess with my messed up sensory systems... : )

Metabolic sensitivities. Like so many other traits and behaviors, some of us have them, some of us don't. Where my mind might appreciate a gain- or even a loss of an hour. While my body rejects both.

Last year I covered up my bedroom window completely around April. Used to take it down around November, but now I just leave it there year-round. It helps.

For many they gain- or lose an hour. When I go through this twice a year, I lose an entire day each time- sometimes even more in the most literal sense. :eek:

Last edited:
It steals time from me and is of zero benefit to me because I need early daylight to beat the golfers... (get my stuff done - not literally BEAT them!) Thought I might need to clarify... Though that thought has crossed my mind a couple thousand times... (evil grin)

All my stuff is early morning... So I'm back in the dark again... : )
Kind of a thing for me anyway.

What do yall think, or is it nothing to you...?

I like daylight savings time because this time of the year I like to golf in the afternoon. This gives me a extra hour to play. Later in the year, when it gets hot, I like to play first thing in the morning. I try to get the first tee time of the day.

If I knew what course you are at, I would avoid it. I really do not what to get smacked in the head with a pitching wedge.

What? Nobody's nitpicked this yet? Heeeere we go:

It's actually called "Daylight Saving Time". Not "Savings", plural.

Oh my God, that feels so much better.

Now to complain: I hate DST. I hate it in the fall, and I hate it in the spring. I hate it more than anything. What I hate most of all, is the disruption it does bring; and it makes me write like Dr. Suess for everything!

I need a nap. This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.

I like daylight savings time because this time of the year I like to golf in the afternoon. This gives me a extra hour to play. Later in the year, when it gets hot, I like to play first thing in the morning. I try to get the first tee time of the day.

If I knew what course you are at, I would avoid it. I really do not what to get smacked in the head with a pitching wedge.

I think golfers secretly created DST... I'm only goofing with you... I do know it helps others greatly...
I was just sharing my stingy grumpy side... I need my job, I would never harm anyone. I might hand you a one of my "special" golf balls to try out.... (evil grin)

What? Nobody's nitpicked this yet? Heeeere we go:

It's actually called "Daylight Saving Time". Not "Savings", plural.

Oh my God, that feels so much better.

Now to complain: I hate DST. I hate it in the fall, and I hate it in the spring. I hate it more than anything. What I hate most of all, is the disruption it does bring; and it makes me write like Dr. Suess for everything!

I need a nap. This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.

I think you need a nap... in a cuddly fur suit maybe : )

New Threads

Top Bottom