• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Day bird or night owl?

Some sort of freakish mutant bird, I'd be. Just this shambling mass of feathers and, I dunno, eyeballs.

My sleep schedule constantly shifts/rotates. I doubt there's any bird that does that.

Right now I'm currently coming off of the night side of my cycle.

It's all quite annoying.

If left on my own with no duties at all, I'd say a night owl.

But right now in an attempt make myself slightly better I need to wake up very early (5 a.m).

Now that I'm sober I'm a morning person rather than a night owl. Without weed or booze I have no reason to stay up into the small hours really.

Ed

Left to my own devices, a night owl. For decades I got up at an early hour for work, parenting responsibilities, or education. Now I am retired so unless I have a medical appointment or something, I get up whenever I wake up, usually about 7 or 7:30. I do try to force myself to go to bed by 11 or 11:30 because I am trying to keep my spouse on a regular sleep cycle, which should help his dementia.

I usually focus best early, I try to do work from 7am if possible, or in the morning. However I often have a biphasic sleep pattern, sleeping say from 10pm til 2am then awake 2 til 4am, then another couple of hours sleep, or sometimes no more sleep at all... Er, so I m a Pangolin I guess. And btw, that whole virus thing wasn't my fault...

Been a night owl my entire life. Even during those times I had school or day shift job, would be up at night. Finally ended up on nights shift for 20 years and always preferred it. Now still a night owl, not thrilled about it because I need more sleep than I used to and that means I sleep until late each day.

More of a night person really, but recently started going to bed earlier and getting up earlier to work. I never liked having early morning work/appointments/engagements. For me, a 'civilised' time is any time after 10. Well, 11.

I'm naturally a night owl. But, It is normally all over the place due to work and daytime disturbances.
Witch causes a lot of issues with being really late to work.

Morning person definitely feel most alive and productive from wakening to 4pm then energy levels deplete and continue to do so throughout the evening.

Even in my old age I am still a morning person. I have been that way all of my life and it does not look like it is going to change.

Day bird or night owl?
Who are you
(Don't you mean "Whoo are you...?" ;))

I have stayed a night owl because my eye doctor said that my lenses were becoming discolored (due to UV over-exposure).

I put the "creep" in crepuscular... :cool:

Both. I do my best to get enough sleep every day, but I’m as tired as a day bird in the evening and as tired as a night owl in the morning.

Night vampire, l love nite jobs , morning starting jobs can wreak havoc with my operating system.
There are a lot nite owls l noticed.

Day bird or night owl?

Neither. I'm an Aspie. :cool:

Meaning I get up at 7:00am and go to bed at 11:30pm- routinely. Naturally a "creature of habit". ;)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom