• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dating: How can I get a girlfriend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can walk and meditate at the same time. Just think about everything around you. How do your feet feel as they touch the ground? How do your shoes fit right now and what sort of comfort or discomfort is in your feet? Consider the smells all around you and the sound of the stream. If you’re like me, you might notice interesting lights and shadows in the leaves of the trees. Think of your breath in an out, Does it increase as you go up the hill? You can take a break from your worries while you are walking and put all the focus on your immediate surroundings. Although, me asking all these questions might not be helping you keep your mind on the trail.

I really can’t “get out of my head” so to say. I am constantly thinking about how lonely I am and how I lost so many years trying to break out of that cycle but couldn’t.

I really can’t “get out of my head” so to say. I am constantly thinking about how lonely I am and how I lost so many years trying to break out of that cycle but couldn’t.
That’s where the meditation comes in. You don’t stop thinking about those things, but you force your mind to think of other things. You fill it with something more pressing than your worries and your sadness.

Like right now, you are out in nature, doing a good thing, with some of your forum friends. In this exact moment, you have fresh air, exercise, and friendship. Perhaps you can get curious about some thing around you. Some animals? The way the stream flows? Perhaps the sounds of birds around you?

Give yourself just a moment to breathe in the fresh air, feel the wind, and experience a second of happiness.

I hear bird song and frog croaks in the distance. I’ve seen a snapping turtle and some snakes out here before.

Cool. Maybe you can snap a few pictures to show us later. Something beautiful or interesting you noticed.

I really wish today wasn’t Valentine’s Day. :(
Geez, halfway through the month already. I wasn't aware of that until this very moment. These non-formal holidays/celebrations sometimes confuse me.

Except perhaps if one is a shareholder of a corporate confectioner. ;)

Warm with some wind blowing.

I’ve done things like attending an Unitarian fellowship, ballroom dancing, and Meet Up groups to potentially meet single women. None of these things worked out.
If you enjoyed doing those things then stopping just because you could not find a girlfriend is not good.

I go to yoga for the exercise and feel better. Most of who I encounter in students are married and old women. I know I won't get a girlfriend but it does not stop me.

Give yourself just a moment to breathe in the fresh air, feel the wind, and experience a second of happiness.

And think of how the air you breathe in was generated by plants and plankton - for you, and as you exhale your air, that the cycle repeats with other living things.

Beautiful to think how we are never alone, but intimately connected with myriad other living things on this planet we call home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom