• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coffee /Tea...

Tea mostly except when I have constipation as I find that coffee helps stimulate peristalsis in the bowel.

I'm not sure why but people say I give too much information ? :eek:

There's nothing like an Arnold Palmer!! Half sweet tea, half lemande & ALL GOOD! Maywood has the best in the world!!

being British there can be no answer other than tea, our history with tea goes back to our days of colonial imperialism, we had colonies that produced tea (like India) and control of Hong Kong meant we also had great control of trade coming from china to Europe allowing further control over tea and a monopoly on it, thus the national drink became tea whereas our European imperialist competitors like France and Spain had colonies elsewhere (some in the Caribbean (ours in the Caribbean did not really produce coffee) and south America (we only had one colony in south America - British Guyana) that produced coffee and thus they became infatuated with coffee and not tea. nowadays coffee is common in the uk but i still prefer tea for history and tastes sake. i love herbal tea especially but builders tea is not bad.

Black coffee all the way for me. I like it good and strong. I brew a whole pot every day and usually have about 4-6 cups a day. I drink it in the morning and with pretty much every meal. I'm not a coffee snob, usually I drink either Maxwell House Dark Roast or Columbian or sometimes Cafe Bustelo. I use a regular drip machine occasionally a French Press. Can't get enough! I barely touch soda any more, plus coffee has a lot of health benefits and keeps the blood pumping and just keeps me sharp, alert. I don't go for all the fancy 40word Starbucks drinks, just give me a good cup of strong black coffee and I'm good to go.

Neither. I like the taste of coffee, and I love the variety of teas one can acquire, but I eventually had to give up caffeine once I learned how easy it is to build up a tolerance to it...consequently, the only time I drink coffee is when I am at church once a week, and even then I wonder afterwards what possessed me to do it! I suppose I am quite fond of Darjeeling teas, but to be perfectly honest, I am quite lazy. :p

Both, although I do prefer tea, either hot with honey and lemon(i prefer peppermint), or iced with plenty of stevia and lemon...

Both, given the choice, a very large cappuccino at breakfast and herbal tea in the evening.

Coffee in the morning, sometime 2 cups, hot tea at mid-morning, also at lunch and sometimes mid-afternoon. When I lived in the southwest desert lunch and afternoon's tea was iced tea instead of hot, with 1 teaspoon of sugar and a large squeeze of fresh lemon.

0630 tea, 0730 coffee, 0850 coffee, 0950 tea, 1050 hot vimto, 1150 hot vimto. My daily drinks at work. Have a different mug for each type. At home it's couple of pots of tea.

Tea, with rainbow.
image.jpeg

1. From google search:
    "High Tea
    is often a misnomer. Most people refer to afternoon tea as high tea because they think it sounds regal and lofty, when in all actuality, high tea, or "meat tea" is dinner. High tea, in Britain, at any rate, tends to be on the heavier side."

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-23_9-17-24.jpeg
    upload_2016-2-23_9-17-24.jpeg
    11.2 KB · Views: 225
Definitely tea. I went through a coffee stage since age 12, and when doing activist work in my late teens, I drank black Mexican coffee every morning. Then I got addicted to Cola, and would drink that all day. Health issues make it expedient to avoid caffeine now, so it's an occasional cup of decaf coffee, or decaf green tea with lemon and honey (maybe a tad of ginger) or a wide array of delicious herbal teas. I always have a pot of herbal or decaf tea keeping warm on a little hot plate on my desk.:cool:

Coffee...so much coffee...never enough coffee.lol

Probably drink way to much coffee though. Is it bad that I don't really function in the morning without it? As in when my son was still in nappies, unless it was oozing out the sides he had to wait for me to have my 1st mug or 2 before he'd get a fresh nappy on him in the morning :s

...never mind, don't answer that. Don't want to know.lol

No coffee for me, just tea. But to mix up things, I've ordered cascara online and should receive it soon. Does it count like coffee or tea?:rolleyes:

I love coffee. I drink way too much of it. I do my best to drink less as I notice how drinking too much coffee negatively effects both my mood and my energy levels (wanting to sleep 5 minutes after drinking a shot of espresso, etc). So, I've been drinking more tea instead and cutting my coffee with carob powder or chicory powder. But, I absolutely love the bitterness of coffee. I had one cup today. I think a cup a day is fine, much better than my past usual of 5 to 6.

Tea is a very mild beverage so I don't drink it very often, it has to be a special occasion. I prefer coffee usually, I've got used to it especially since I started working. I found it helps me wake up and focus more. And waking up for a person who is as easily sleepy as me, is a big deal lol.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom