• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coffee /Tea...

How do you guys like your coffee? And what types of coffee drinks do you usually go for? Have you tried experimenting with them to find the perfect taste or do you stay in the standard ways of making them
I have instant coffee, low-fat milk and no sugar.

I have a coffee grinder and coffee perculator combined, but haven't used it much, because the beans aren't easy to get hold where I live and are expensive. If you want to have fresh coffee every time though, it's the way to go :)

Coffee is an issue for me which is why I've been experimenting lately to try and find the right coffee taste to go with.Raw coffee is way too bitter for my taste buds and most sweetened coffee types are just way too sweet-almost disgusting in some cases.
My most preferred coffee type is instant coffee, which isn't the healthiest out there but it's the only one I can handle with ease and actually like, without it being too bitter or too sweet. I used to take it with a teaspoon of natural sweetener like agave syrup and a small dose of milk in it.

But now I found a much better way to drink it that doesn't even need the addition of any sweetener. I tried the 'instant cocoa coffee' thing but without any sweetener because it turns out...it doesn't need one, at least for my taste. I used 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, half a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and a small dose of milk and it came out perfectly even, not bitter and not sweet either, the taste is somewhere in the middle with the benefit of the cocoa's pleasant aroma and taste to enhance it. I might actually try this way with espresso as well.

Most people add sugar or sweeteners in this way but I think it's perfectly tasty without that too, especially for those who have a very sensitive taste in anything food and drink related. The extra point is that I can drink it more often than my usual coffee dose and combine the caffeine dose I need especially during my work days, without bothering to add any sweeteners that often make my coffee taste 'heavier' than I'd like it. :) P.S. I had tried using peanut butter in my coffee too but while the taste was actually pretty good, having the peanut butter melt in the coffee can be quite a hassle so I no longer go for it.

How do you guys like your coffee? And what types of coffee drinks do you usually go for? Have you tried experimenting with them to find the perfect taste or do you stay in the standard ways of making them?

I have instant coffee, low-fat milk and no sugar.

I have a coffee grinder and coffee perculator combined, but haven't used it much, because the beans aren't easy to get hold where I live and are expensive. If you want to have fresh coffee every time though, it's the way to go :)

Yeah sadly I have none of that. But I'm trying to find ways to make my coffee healthier, that's how I came up with the cocoa thing. I can't change the coffee's quality, but I can control what I add in it xp

My preference is coffee made from freshly ground medium roast beans in a stovetop percolator, with milk in it -- or with milk, sweetener and cocoa and/or vanilla.

Loads of milk, no sugar.

Oh and a note to my new carers, if I ask for coffee in a morning and you make tea, fine, as long as you TAKE THE TEA BAG OUT OF THE CUP!

Seriously who leaves the Tea Bag in a cup of tea? I don't even drink tea in a morning but that's beside the flipping point.

Seriously who leaves the Tea Bag in a cup of tea?
You are supposed to leave the teabag in the tea a while to diffuse. The carer was probably just following instructions :) I always leave it in for a while to get the maximum flavour from it.

Buy dark roast arabica coffee beans in large amounts and store them in old lined coffee bags. Grind beans each time I make espresso coffee, and percolate in a stove top cafetiere. Making two to three cups per day. Normally with soy or almond milk in the morning. Sometimes add a small amount of spice mix; ground ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon and clove with the ground coffee and brew it. It removes the bitterness, because I don't use sugar in coffee.

It's the only thing I've drunk for years. Don't really like any other kind of coffee as nothing really tastes as good as that. There was a major crisis when I first moved here from the city, as I couldn't find the same coffee beans that I was used to. So I would drive the six hours to pick up large amounts of beans that would last for months. Eventually I adapted to another type of arabica coffee bean, but it took five years to adjust. Also drink a few cups of herbal tea on a daily basis that I grow and dry the herbs for every year.

You are supposed to leave the teabag in the tea a while to diffuse. The carer was probably just following instructions :) I always leave it in for a while to get the maximum flavour from it.

That's as maybe, but to make tea when I specifically asked for coffee, grr! I hate when people don't listen, especially if I have to repeat myself several times because the carer does not understand my local accent.

I hate myself for saying this, I am NOT racist, I just have no patience.

That's as maybe, but to make tea when I specifically asked for coffee, grr! I hate when people don't listen, especially if I have to repeat myself several times because the carer does not understand my local accent.

I hate myself for saying this, I am NOT racist, I just have no patience.
Making tea instead of coffee is another issue.

Why don't you have a pen and notepad handy, then if they don't understand you, you can write it. I agree that it's annoying when you have to repeat things, but there are ways round the problem. Try to calm down and not get angry at them because it's not their fault and it's probably equally frustrating for them.

upload_2020-11-30_8-40-48.png

I don't use green tea because I am allergic to caffeine.

Every year I see the elderberry bushes blooming by the edge of the road,
but I haven't picked any. They are easier to see when they blossom than
when they have berries. My grandmother used to make elderberry jelly....

I have a shriveled up ginger root in the refrigerator that I could boil and
make tea with sometime.

Lemon balm grows in my front yard. My aunt gave me a plant in a pot a few
years ago and it escaped and multiplied. I have 3 or 4 gallons of dried lemon
balm in jars, to make tea with. It improves the flavor of St. John's Wort, which
grows wild around here.

I have some mint growing out front. Spearmint and peppermint.

In the past few years, I've developed a taste for flavored iced tea, especially making my own... Sometimes, when I go somewhere with a Coca-Cola Freestyle machine, I get a large iced tea, but only fill it halfway, and add a mixture of strawberry lemonade and peach lemonade, that's my favorite combination... But when there isn't a Coca-Cola Freestyle, especially at either Carl's Jr., In-N-Out, or Del Taco, I make myself an Arnold Palmer, I mix iced tea with lemonade, add a couple lemon wedges and sweetener for added flavor... But my favorite flavored iced tea is peach tea, especially Honest Tea Peach Ooh-La-La-Long tea(probably because of the picture of Opus from Bloom County on the label)...

i like both tea and coffee but i have to have decaff coffee i hear voices and the coffee set them off , ilike tea as well infact i think i have over 50 teas in the house

I drink coffee at home, but my wife does not. We both like Dutch Bros iced mocha. I like mine with a extra shot and my wife likes extra chocolate. Now my mouth is watering just from typing this. Well, I've got to go, it is time for a iced mocha.

New Threads

Top Bottom