• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clichés I get told in regards to love

If you read my anxiety scale on my signature going up to a woman don't I know is a 10 on the scale which is impossible even with antidepressants like Seroquel to take the nerves off.

Maybe you should make a sign and display it
prominently on your shirt front, so while you're
sitting there smiling,
expecting people to approach you, they'd
be informed.

Again people who are married are giving me advice and it's the same people. I get enough of this crap from my couples friends.

Seems like you're in a bind, Tony.
You don't want to be around couples or hear anything they have to say.
You don't want to be around single guys because they aren't female.

That leaves single females.
And you're waiting for them to find you intriguing/fun/loveable.

Again people who are married are giving me advice and it's the same people. I get enough of this crap from my couples friends.

You do realize you've been given that exact same sort of advice by people who ARENT married, right?

Such as myself. I know I sure as bloody heck aint married, thankfully, but I also will keep repeating the very advice you're ignoring from all those awful married couples you seem to dislike so much.

Because it's good advice.

And honestly it's something you can expect to hear, over and over and over and over and over and over, from me or from them or from others or from whoever, until at least part of it finally sinks in and you realize that you need to actually make a freaking change here.

So, have you ever asked them for any guidance through social situations to help you approach someone? I wish that I had known to do that more when I was struggling. One guy had me approach women without expectation, just to be pleasant, and that then helped me a lot.

From the way that you hate people I bet there is a sign on your forehead that says GO AWAY. Even if you do manage to get a date, I do not doubt that your dislike for anybody who does not benefit you directly will come out. No self respecting woman will tolerate that.

Last edited:
I have sabotaged relationships because l have to start liking myself. Period. Not sure if Markness may sabotaged himself. Then when l blow out, the person thinks it's him, when it's really me just not ready to feel accepted. I am working on my Picasso. :)
I’ve had one real relationship but it didn’t last long. Fearing that I may have gotten her pregnant scared me.

So I am a lost cause. Thanks not for the support I get from the same people at these forums. I might as well end my life now.

No, some other things made the relationship fizzle out.
That's at least somewhat more hopeful, I guess.

Those things that made it fizzle out would be what I would remedy, if I was you, or at least try to keep them from popping up in your next.

So I am a lost cause. Thanks not for the support I get from the same people at these forums. I might as well end my life now.

That's quite the statement, @Tony Ramirez .

What is it you want people to say?
What are they not doing that you believe they ought to do for you?

What's stopping you from following the advice you've been given? If you followed it, you'd probably have a girlfriend by now. If anxiety is holding you back, CBT has been proven to be a very effective treatment for it.

It seems like they're qualified, since they're their own success stories and know what it takes to have a healthy, meaningful relationship. If it's unsolicited advice, I can understand that, but if you're coming to them with your problems and they're trying to help you, that's likely coming from a very good place.

Also, it's clear you've made the decision to stop trying. Personally, I think that's a brave move. If someone tells you the opposite, they just feel out of control when it comes to their own lives. We don't all have the same goals.

Now you can get on with life and do what actually matters to you.
No, I have not stopped trying, at least in the sense that I have not actually decided to give up.

That's at least somewhat more hopeful, I guess.

Those things that made it fizzle out would be what I would remedy, if I was you, or at least try to keep them from popping up in your next.
Is it alright to believe there will be a next time?

Last edited:
Is 34 still young or is it too late?
You know you repeat this same question frequently?

What is it you want people to say that they haven't
already said?

How many repetitions of *Hey dude, you're alive, so there's hope*
will it take?

New Threads

Top Bottom