• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clichés I get told in regards to love

It's much better to focus on the positive. Today l was in the dumps because l thought l will never find anybody to fix my roof. So l fretted, moaned. Thought about how horrible life is, (cue giant pity party).Then l got out of my sad clown face and started calling around.

My point is everything can feel like a struggle. So just keep working towards your goal. More female friends. More confidence. Maybe start a blog here about everyday, you did something to initiate contact, and how it went. There are other men here who go thru the same struggles. So they say, hey, l was like you. It did feel helpless. But l just kept moving forward. They are trying to give you hope, (not make you feel bad about yourself).
Have you gone through depressed episodes, too?

A part of me still wants to believe my life can get better.

Last edited:
I don't know how big the club was but in a big crowd the odds of running into her again are slim.
Tony, don’t worry!
Go to shows because you want to go to the show. Not because you might run into her specifically.
@paloftoon has a good point here – whether he runs into her again or not, he will be enjoying music that he loves around people that could be interesting. No loss.

A part of me still wants to believe my life can get better.

@Markness, I believe it is critical to hold on to this part. Sometimes this part of myself feels very small, but we must hold on to this precious piece of ourselves. I agree with you. I think your life can get better too.

@Markness, I believe it is critical to hold on to this part. Sometimes this part of myself feels very small, but we must hold on to this precious piece of ourselves. I agree with you. I think your life can get better too.
Thank you, Rodafina. I hope you don’t feel like you have to walk on eggshells around me. I’ve never felt any hostility to you.

Do you have dysthymia like I do?

Thank you, Rodafina. I hope you don’t feel like you have to walk on eggshells around me. I’ve never felt any hostility to you.
That’s nice, thank you - I don’t do very well “walking on eggshells” around people – I smash them all up with my awkwardness, and occasionally inappropriate input. But I know for sure that I am kind hearted and that my intentions are good so I do my best to say it as I see it and nothing more.

So no, I do not feel like there are eggshells to be avoided here. Regardless, I feel that I am always careful about what I say because I am sure that I never have full understanding of any given situation and I must come from a place of not knowing to gain understanding.

It’s just that I can relate to a lot of what you say, and when I see other people offering input to your post, it is very uplifting. I want you to do well because I want hope for myself, as well as for your own happiness.

Do you have dysthymia like I do?
I don’t even know anymore. I’ve been diagnosed and undiagnosed with many different things… I think cyclical depression is my response to an anxiety driven life that feels fruitless and full of failure. The anxiety drives me to try and try and try, but when it all becomes too much and comes crashing down, my depressive hole is comfortable, familiar, and confining. My depressive mind thinks it is working to save me, but it is killing me instead.

People look at me, and they think that I am Tigger, when really, I have always been, and always will Eeyore.

Sorry, I couldn’t provide a more clear answer here, @Markness. Just my thoughts.

This statement really takes a pretty significant swipe at the preceived empathy of anyone who takes time to reply. As if they are deliberately designing a response to elicit confusion and hurt because they cannot comprehend what another is experiencing. (Isolated incidents do occur, but for the most part people do actually understand to certain extent.)
That wasn’t a “swipe” at anyone. It’s just simply how I feel constantly.

New Threads

Top Bottom