• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Christianity and Aspergers

YES IT HELPS!!!!!

Thanks to the bible and the help of Jesus Christ, I am not as impulsive, I have a better outlook on life, and better view of humanity.

I also have ended a lot of negative habits and look back 20 years and say "I'm not who I was." That's a very good thing.

There are some very nasty addictions I had and Jesus has helped me so much <3 <3 :D

God's strengths are shown in our weaknesses.

2 Corinthians 12:9
That's one way of looking at it I suppose. That particular passage seems very counter-intuitive on the surface, but my own particular interpretation of it is that it entails surrendering one's instinctive impulse to try to take charge of one's own fate by attempting to control the circumstances that one finds oneself in at any given time, through the application of force or will. It's about the ultimate futility of ambition and the illusory nature of strength. We all end up the same in the end (i.e. dead), regardless of whether we were a peasant or a prince, which makes it all the more imperative that with the time we have now on Earth we make the most of a situation that is far from ideal.

I was baptised and confirmed in a protestant church but never much of a churchgoer. Things changed when 6 years ago, I came across a church service in a different denomination. I've become a regular church goer, an active member of the parish and even got confirmed into my new denomination 3.5 years ago.

Does it help me with my autism? I don't know yet because I'm very new on my acceptance of my neurodiversity. But I guess it will once we have a new chaplain - the locums priests are okay to excellent but only stay for so long and I wouldn't be able to build up the confidence I need to talk to them.

However, church and Christian life (including my first ever bible study as an adult 5 years ago) helped me with my despression due to unworthy job conditions. So, I am sure, once things settle down again in our parish both with corona and the vacancy, it will help me.

But that is just me, and I am sure everyone needs to find their own answer to that question, whatever answer that may be.

I am no longer a Christian. Tried it and thought it would help, did the exact opposite. Not trying that again, thanks.

During this excessive quarantine, being separated from my faith community has really hurt me as a Christ Follower. I'm the only Christian in my family, but I think one other might be a secret Christian.

So I've been so isolated, and I've fallen back on a lot of bad habits. Please pray for me. I need community so badly. I can't read the bible very well on my own. I have trouble understanding what I read, and within a few minutes, I forget what I read.

At this point last year, my faith was so strong. But now, I'm so weak. Please pray for me. Pray that I find someone to read the bible with daily, who can explain it to me. And pray my family members get saved too.

Pray that I can follow what I read in the bible, and stay strong.

.. Please pray for me. I need community so badly. I can't read the bible very well on my own. I have trouble understanding what I read, and within a few minutes, I forget what I read.

At this point last year, my faith was so strong. But now, I'm so weak. Please pray for me. Pray that I find someone to read the bible with daily, who can explain it to me. And pray my family members get saved too.

Pray that I can follow what I read in the bible, and stay strong.

Praying that your Father, Yeshua, the Savour, will help you to find another to walk with you and have fellowship with you and you with them (her)

New Threads

Top Bottom