• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Christianity and Aspergers

@DesertRose , in the past, Vineyard churches have been very Aspie-friendly. (I have not been able to go anywhere because my daughter randomly bites people.)

I'm glad you found a church you all can enjoy. There isn't, to my knowledge, any of those around here. This is Baptist land around here LOL.
Some churches here have closed down. There were a lot of them sprinkled all around.

I got saved in a Baptist church, so I'm glad for having them.

You mentioned deliverance, so you must have had some exposure to Pentecostals or Charismatics.

There are quite a few Vineyards in Texas. (Also, many Assemblies of God have the same feel.)

I got saved in a Baptist church, so I'm glad for having them.

You mentioned deliverance, so you must have had some exposure to Pentecostals or Charismatics.

There are quite a few Vineyards in Texas. (Also, many Assemblies of God have the same feel.)

I've been to both UPC and AoG, mostly AoG, but no longer agree with the doctrines, and much of the heretical foolishness taking place.

Yes, I am a Christian and I have accepted my autism since I first found out I had it. It was just who I am. It is not something I have ever thought I needed to be cured from though I seemed to understand from an early age that I needed to try and hide it. Back when I was young they were still doing some cruel things to autistic children. I have found that being a Christian makes sense out of everything and given my life meaning.

I'm a christian, deeply believe the Bible is the ultimate source of Truth. But I don't go to church anymore. I had no inkling I could have Aspergers, I just always had a serious problem being around people, and every church I went to expected me to go and do this or do that in a group. I couldn't. I'm not sure, still, if it's Aspergers or serious social phobia and anxiety, but when I realized Aspergers could be the root of the social issues I had, it was like a light bulb moment. Actually, the depression lifted as well.

I've been told I have no faith, needed deliverance, was living in sin, and all that. It can cause a lot of harm to tell people that, especially when it's not true, and they are trying their best to live as they should and understand.

I think the major thing, it's to want Truth, and realize it is Jesus who is Truth. I went for a few years, but there were always those that obviously weren't there for the right reasons. That baffled and confused me.

I also find many contradictions (especially in the particular branch I was involved) in much of what is being taught these days, so I haven't found another church. I long for one that is like family, but always felt like a stranger, regardless of the size or type it was. Another 'trait' I found linked to Aspergers.

I guess I lack that gene (or whatever it is) that makes me feel a part of the "herd", or "flock", or family, cause I've never felt a part of any group. In my mind, that is very foreign to the whole biblical concept of "all God's children" belonging to a group, or the "church". Although, now, after learning much more of the Bible, I see that not all who claim it, are actually a part of it. So that helps understand it better.

I've had a few troubles grasping the concept of faith, and some other things, but basically, at the very core of me, I "know" the word is truth, nothing can convince me otherwise, and regardless of any troubles I may have, I know God will bring me through, help me to understand, and forgive me of my mistakes, which I guess is "faith". He has always been there, helped me, taken care of my family and I in every situation.

I wouldn't be here, if it weren't for the Lord, I would have killed myself long ago. And another thing, He will lead me to Truth, so I have less fear now, that i understand it better, of getting something wrong. Getting it wrong terrifies me, so I pray that He will lead me in that, always.

Yes the more I know what the word says and understand it, The more I find its hard to find a church that believes it, Honestly despite what they say. Most are more married to a type of theology or married to their denomination than to the word of God itself.

However there has always been the many and the few Jesus spoke of it, there are many old testament examples as well, The letters to the 7 churches confirms it, There is nothing new under the sun, There is always the many and the remnant.

Christianity did not save me from a seriously physically and mentally abusive childhood from age 4 to age 18 though I prayed to God daily from age 5 onward. Christianity did not save me from a rape in my early 20s. Christianity did not save me from having Cancer. So no, I gave up. It solved nothing for a little girl all alone with physical and emotional injuries over her entire childhood.

Christianity did not save me from a seriously physically and mentally abusive childhood from age 4 to age 18 though I prayed to God daily from age 5 onward. Christianity did not save me from a rape in my early 20s. Christianity did not save me from having Cancer. So no, I gave up. It solved nothing for a little girl all alone with physical and emotional injuries over her entire childhood.

Christianity did not save Jesus from the Cross, nor did it save the apostles from torture and death nor did it save many Christians from being fed to lions burning at the stake having skin pull off the body any many other tortures over the years, Even today many suffer unspeakable things in prison camps for example in N Korea and in China, I've heard stories in China pf family being ripped apart wives being raped.

Jesus never claimed a good life here and earth, Jesus promised much trouble in this world, Its false preachers that preach otherwise

I just want to add I am sorry for what you went through I am in no way trying to belittle horrible experiences, I am just trying to clarify a misconception of what Christianity is.

Christianity did not save Jesus from the Cross, nor did it save the apostles from torture and death nor did it save many Christians from being fed to lions burning at the stake having skin pull off the body any many other tortures over the years, Even today many suffer unspeakable things in prison camps for example in N Korea and in China, I've heard stories in China pf family being ripped apart wives being raped.

Jesus never claimed a good life here and earth, Jesus promised much trouble in this world, Its false preachers that preach otherwise

I just want to add I am sorry for what you went through I am in no way trying to belittle horrible experiences, I am just trying to clarify a misconception of what Christianity is.

I denounce believing in anything. I have the only power to help myself. Nothing else. Now, you believe as you wish, and I will believe as I wish. I was brought up in strict Catholic faith. I also studied all the major world religions heavily in high school. I went to parochial school. I am not ignorant as to what your are talking about. It’s just not real in my experience. People need crutches to “heal” them, to help them with all sorts of issues they have the power to fix (or endure) themselves. No invisible thing is there to help little children, or anyone else. That’s my belief, and now at age 62, I am not going to change my beliefs.

I denounce believing in anything. I have the only power to help myself. Nothing else. Now, you believe as you wish, and I will believe as I wish. I was brought up in strict Catholic faith. I also studied all the major world religions heavily in high school. I went to parochial school. I am not ignorant as to what your are talking about. It’s just not real in my experience. People need crutches to “heal” them, to help them with all sorts of issues they have the power to fix (or endure) themselves. No invisible thing is there to help little children, or anyone else. That’s my belief, and now at age 62, I am not going to change my beliefs.

I am not saying you should believe in Christianity or anything else, All I am saying is that it is a misconception and a misteaching that Christianity is supposed to be a crutch, Or add to your or anyone life, To have your best life now or give one a better life or anything of the like neither is it like any of the other world religions, Neither is it like any of the teachings of the Popes, In fact Popes killed Christians from the beginning,One would pide themselves to having torched more than, And their main goal was to keep the word of God out of the hands of the people, the last throughout the dark ages, None of that stuff is biblical,

What Jesus offered is reconciliation to God, and He explained to count the cost and that it would cost everything, All self-worth self-reliance, self-confidence, In anything self.

Jesus had many followers until he started to explain the cost, then not many continued with him from that point on.

Again I am not trying to convince you to change your belief's Just correcting the misconceptions biblically.

I am not saying you should believe in Christianity or anything else, All I am saying is that it is a misconception and a misteaching that Christianity is supposed to be a crutch, Or add to your or anyone life, To have your best life now or give one a better life or anything of the like neither is it like any of the other world religions, Neither is it like any of the teachings of the Popes, In fact Popes killed Christians from the beginning,One would pide themselves to having torched more than, And their main goal was to keep the word of God out of the hands of the people, the last throughout the dark ages, None of that stuff is biblical,

What Jesus offered is reconciliation to God, and He explained to count the cost and that it would cost everything, All self-worth self-reliance, self-confidence, In anything self.

Jesus had many followers until he started to explain the cost, then not many continued with him from that point on.

Again I am not trying to convince you to change your belief's Just correcting the misconceptions biblically.

Everything we know from that bible is a collaboration of 13 men at the council of Nicea 335 A.D. They decide what to put in and what to leave out. Some truths, some fabrications, many exaggerated tales, and much old folklore corrupted over time.

Everything we know from that bible is a collaboration of 13 men at the council of Nicea 335 A.D. They decide what to put in and what to leave out. Some truths, some fabrications, many exaggerated tales, and much old folklore corrupted over time.

Say what you will, But the bible from start to finish is completely interwoven in a way that just does not happen, And again I am not telling you what to believe as far as religion, However, This thread is called Christianity and Aspergers, If Christianity is true the bible must be true or there is no Christianity,

If the comment is Christianity did not work because of bad experiences, Biblically it shows that was not promised biblically,

If on the other hand, the argument is the bible is not true, then the comment that Christianity did not work because of bad experiences is irrelevant, In the first place,

That discussion would be a different discussion altogether. I used to know a lot more and that subject, as at one time it was important to me, I found well more than enough to prove to myself how and why everything goes together and how the apocalyptic books did not go and was not from the same time and people, Who were pushing the idea that they should have been included and what were the motives for pushing those and other idea's, And much more, I forget most of that info now and I don't find it important anymore,

Besides, This is a thread about Christianity and Aspergers, I would think that a better argument in a different thread

Say what you will, But the bible from start to finish is completely interwoven in a way that just does not happen, And again I am not telling you what to believe as far as religion, However, This thread is called Christianity and Aspergers, If Christianity is true the bible must be true or there is no Christianity,

If the comment is Christianity did not work because of bad experiences, Biblically it shows that was not promised biblically,

If on the other hand, the argument is the bible is not true, then the comment that Christianity did not work because of bad experiences is irrelevant, In the first place,

That discussion would be a different discussion altogether. I used to know a lot more and that subject, as at one time it was important to me, I found well more than enough to prove to myself how and why everything goes together and how the apocalyptic books did not go and was not from the same time and people, Who were pushing the idea that they should have been included and what were the motives for pushing those and other idea's, And much more, I forget most of that info now and I don't find it important anymore,

Besides, This is a thread about Christianity and Aspergers, I would think that a better argument in a different thread

Absolutely correct. So to answer the originator of thread, no, Christianity will not “heal“ him. Strong faith can be miraculous, but scientifically, so is the “cure” in the placebo effect.

Absolutely correct. So to answer the originator of thread, no, Christianity will not “heal“ him. Strong faith can be miraculous, but scientifically, so is the “cure” in the placebo effect.

Jesus did heal at times to show the power of God, The apostles did the same, However, it is not as seen in many of the so-called healing churches, Many followed Jesus when He feeds them and healed them, Once he got to the point and preached they left, When there was healing it was not for the sake of healing, Many were not healed, Paul the apostle asked God 3x times and was not healed.

As far as me, Since I returned to the Lord, I have seen big changes in my Aspergers, Many things no longer are, and many things still are, I certainly don't expect to be Healed, However, I am changed. Who I was no longer lives. And that is the real miracle, Not to be healed from Aspergers not to get along better in this world or get along with NT's, But I was dead in sin, Now I am Alive in Christ. That is the real miracle
That is what it is about, I no longer live to fulfill the desire of my flesh, my natural desires are changing daily as I am allowing God to crucify who I once was, I have new desires and then the fruit is apparent, Not in outside material things but in attitudes and actions. This s the real healing, That the desires of the world are fading, And the things eternal are clearer

Not getting into a debate, but just throwing this out there, the bible has been proven by sciences, archaeology-the ruins, giants, etc, geology- the flood, etc, medicine- many things were there before the medical teams "discovered" they were true, as well as astronomy, etc.
There is a spiritual realm in which there is a war going on, and we are caught in the middle. There is an abundance of non biblical false teachers out there, who seem as tho they are preaching truth, but they are very much wolves in sheep's clothing. Mainstream Christianity is polluted with false doctrines, foretold by the bible itself, that it would come in the last days. It's been happening since the old testament.

I'm very sorry you went through that. Christianity never promised to save you out of your troubles, but does promise to give you a new life, a new hope of eternal salvation, and eternal life in heaven. There is where the false teachings of all the glories of heaven in this earthly life destroy so many that would otherwise believe. I hate that.

Not getting into a debate, but just throwing this out there, the bible has been proven by sciences, archaeology-the ruins, giants, etc, geology- the flood, etc, medicine- many things were there before the medical teams "discovered" they were true, as well as astronomy, etc.

There is a spiritual realm in which there is a war going on, and we are caught in the middle. There is an abundance of non biblical false teachers out there, who seem as tho they are preaching truth, but they are very much wolves in sheep's clothing. Mainstream Christianity is polluted with false doctrines, foretold by the bible itself, that it would come in the last days. It's been happening since the old testament.

There is no proof! LOL, no proofs of any other these thngs. Sure there was a flood and an ark. There is no possible way for all living species to have been collected on that ark though. As in keeping to this thread that people can be “healed” of their autism, cancer, mental illness, or any disease by faith is harmful, and takes advance of people who are searching for coping skills in challenging situations.

Geology proves that dinosaurs lives millions of years before mankind, and NOT that man walked with dinosaurs (as taught by the Museum of Creationsim). Denial of evolution is just plain illogical. False lies denying science, just as the church denied astronomers such as Copernicus and Galileo. Giants? Living hundreds of years and ”begating” hundreds of children? No science proves any of that.

Last edited:
I don't want to debate. We can agree to disagree. I apologize for upsetting you.

I agree, it is wrong for churches to preach healing and prosperity for everyone, because that is not what the Bible teaches. There are scores of false doctrines in the church these days, which is why I gave up going to modern churches, but not on God and His word.
To each his own, we all find ways of coping, this is what I've found.
But what I've never understood is why those who do not believe, or are athiests, insist on posting and debating those that do. It's a losing battle, from both sides, so I apologize for trying, myself.

This is not an area for debate.
Replies should reflect the topic.
Not attempt to "prove" the validity or lack of validity of religion.

The topic of this thread is>

Christianity and Aspergers
"Does anyone practice this and have you found that it helps?
do you accept autism or do you fight it, to be healed from it?"

There's actually several autistic people who're Christians. As far as I know, most autistic and non-autistic Christians believe that autism isn't a curse. They believe it's a gift, instead. My parents are Christians, and they make me go to church with them, but I'm still undecided.

New Threads

Top Bottom