• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cheese poll!

Do you love cheese?

• In sandwiches!

Votes: 26 70.3%
  • With fruit!

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • With wine!

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • With crackers!

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • By itself!

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • Cheesy sauce (mac n' cheese, nacho cheese, etc)!

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • I'm lactose intolerant and can't have cheese, and that is very sad.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I don't like cheese anywhere.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
I like cheese, but mostly the mild cheeses such as cheddar and mozzarella and Havarti. I really don't care for those fancy cheeses that have mold and smell like rotten feet. I wonder who was it that first looked at cheese with blue spores of mold going through it and was like, "Whatever, I'll eat it anyway".:laughing:

It sounds like I'm obsessed with Limburger cheese because I've posted about it several times in this thread. I'm not obsessed with it but I do find it interesting to have on occasion. It's good on a good whole grain bread with slices of raw onion and a good mustard.

I heard someone tell a family story once where many years ago a wife would frequently pack her husband such a sandwich for his work lunch. If memory serves she told her adult daughter years later that by packing her husband such a smelly sandwich, she felt she never had to worry about him having an affair at work.:D

I wonder who was it that first looked at cheese with blue spores of mold going through it and was like, "Whatever, I'll eat it anyway".:laughing:

I have wondered about that too, someone saw that and smelled it and thought "I'll just put that in my mouth". You have to wonder why, or how that could happen.

I have bought the mozzarella with cream cheese packaged as shredded, by some generic company. It does melt really nice, nice texture on the taste buds. Great on black bean burgers or a Texas omlette with jalapeño, tomato, avocado, seasoning. Throw a little ranch on top, and you are tex-mex mess up.

I love Roquefort and Gruyere the most. Have never had stinky cheeses. Not a fan of American Cheese. It is too mild. Give me a nice provolone instead!

So many cheeses, so little time. I'm in agreement with @Bolletje CHEESE CHEESE CHEESE! So yummy. Marks and Spencer have one called Cornish Cruncher, that's a mature, crumbly cheddar. And Gruyere is so nutty and delicious. Emmental, Jarlesberg, oh those little individually packed cheeses with Marmite in the mix, oh and the black cheese that I think has charcoal in it? Aldi salted crackers go well with that.

I like blue cheeses too, Cambazola is a very nice soft one. I like to eat cheese on its own, or with something sweet like grapes or apple or other fruit, and yes like cake or even chocolate. But best on it's own.

Brie, Camembert, Blue brie, cooked Camembert wow that's nice. I do like the Norwegian caramel cheese, it's very nice, was just thinking about it, and couldn't recall the name. Thanks for posting it!

Also cheese spreads if they are very cheesy. Goats cheese is often nice, in a salad for example. Oh, Green Derby! It has veins of herby green sage in it. And there's a red veined one, think it has port in it, so not for everyone.

Macaroni cheese, it does need a LOT of cheese. With melted browned cheese on top. Cheese straws. Cheese breads or rolls... delirium is setting in now. There isn't a cheese drink though is there? Cheese and broccoli soup I guess...

Forgot to mention Welsh Rarebit. On toast...

This is the worst cheese in the world. If someone pulls out a can of this cheese, I'm gone. :eek: There are no words that accurately describes the smell, I imagine it's what the waiting room in hell smells like. And the name is so unfortunate, it's called Pult Cheese. But the word pult also means that you have had intercourse. Whoever invented this cheese was a very sick and disturbed individual.

I will see you the Pult Cheese and raise you Stinking Bishop

I love just about all cheeses except American and Limburger. I’ve attempted to try Limburger cheese when I was passing through Wisconsin, but I just couldn’t get past the smell.

It sounds like I'm obsessed with Limburger cheese because I've posted about it several times in this thread. I'm not obsessed with it but I do find it interesting to have on occasion. It's good on a good whole grain bread with slices of raw onion and a good mustard.

I heard someone tell a family story once where many years ago a wife would frequently pack her husband such a sandwich for his work lunch. If memory serves she told her adult daughter years later that by packing her husband such a smelly sandwich, she felt she never had to worry about him having an affair at work.:D

The fact that so many people eat Limburger makes me want to try it again - maybe with my nose plugged. I will have to try it with onions and mustard like you said.

As far as eating cheese, I prefer to eat it with freshly baked bread. If I get the craving, I love blue cheeses with Bosc pears or certain grapes when in season.

I love cheese. (Cheddars in particular). I just made white cheddar shells with kielbasa for dinner. I usually take crackers and cheese to work for dinner and when I don't want to cook, I go for fruit and cheese. It is one of my go to protein sources that doesn't make my arteries hurt.

I'm not adventurous about it, but I do like most mild cheeses.

Currently in my fridge:

England: West Country Farmhouse Cheddar
Ireland: Cheddar
Canada: Cheddar, Feta, Monterey Jack

I'll let you guys guess what I like. LOL.

Currently in my fridge:

England: West Country Farmhouse Cheddar
Ireland: Cheddar
Canada: Cheddar, Feta, Monterey Jack

I'll let you guys guess what I like. LOL.

^ This would be a cool idea for a similar topic. I like it! Currently in my fridge I have the following cheeses:

• Provolone: In America it's kind of like a low moisture mozzarella with an almost imperceptible smoke flavor. I've had aged Provolone from Italy and it was a completely different kind of cheese. It was more like a crumbly dry aged sharp cheddar with tons of umami flavor. Very good.
  • Cheddar: mild.
  • Aged Gouda: Very good. Umami flavor!
  • Shropshire: I new cheese to me. It's a blue veined cheese but it's orange instead of white. Blue veined cheddar.
  • String Cheese
That's it for now.

I love just about all cheeses except American and Limburger. I’ve attempted to try Limburger cheese when I was passing through Wisconsin, but I just couldn’t get past the smell.

The fact that so many people eat Limburger makes me want to try it again - maybe with my nose plugged. I will have to try it with onions and mustard like you said.

As far as eating cheese, I prefer to eat it with freshly baked bread. If I get the craving, I love blue cheeses with Bosc pears or certain grapes when in season.

For Limburger it depends on the age of the cheese. The longer it ages the softer the cheese becomes, but also the more pungent the rind becomes. In my opinion there's a point where it can age too much. At that point the rind has a strong ammonia smell to it. Harsh and "off" rather than just stinky. I've tried it then but I think the flavor of the cheese suffers.

Perhaps you had it when it was past its prime like that?

Last edited:
I am lactose intolerant, so I can no longer snack randomly on cheese. :(
I can still have cheese in my meals, though, with a lactase pill.
full

Favorites?
  • Cheddar
  • Colby
  • Feta
  • Monterey Jack
  • Mozzarella
  • Nacho
  • Parmesan
  • Pepperjack
  • Provolone
  • Swiss
  • Taco mix

Last edited:
Cheddar gets its name from the cheddaring process, sadly not from the intriguing region of Cheddar Gorge which takes its name from the Old English word ceodor meaning deep cavity or pouch. Unfortunately my two favourite things are connected by happenstance, not facts. Ancient history and cheese.

Yup...

I go through lots of cheddar, sandwiches, snacking, etc...

I also enjoy gouda, havarti, within reason will try almost anything, but my budget doesn't allow for much purchasing of fancy cheese, although I do look for sales...

The only cheese I don't like much is Swiss cheese, something about the flavour of it...

New Threads

Top Bottom