• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

CBS/Netflix show: Scorpion

Bella Pines

V.I.P Member
I'm a huge fan of 'odd ball' shows, Big Bang Theory, Sherlock etc. So thought that the CBS/Netflix show Scorpion sounded promising. A bunch of people with the usual personality disorders working together, I thought I might be able to relate but;

<cringe!/>

It's awful! Aside from improbable plots and lack of chemistry between the characters, the premise seems to be based around the fact that the misunderstood genius ultimately just wants to fit it. There's awkward bits where the leader is doing something online and he admits that it's so much better interacting with people in the real world, and then profusely thanks the NT for her wisdom and insight.

I swear this show was written by NTs about how they want us to behave!

I had hopes for it when it first came out, but stopped watching early into the second season.

The whole "Aspies-save-the-planet" routine got old really fast. We aren't retarded, but neither are we all superheroes and physicists. Nor are we puppy dogs to be led on the end of an NT's leash. :rolleyes:

And with CBS, their writers and producers will likely disavow any intent to directly portray autism so as to mitigate their corporate media image and liability.

You're right, lost interest in it a while back. The show became really pretentious some episodes just outright wrong which was really off putting since it's suppose to be a show about geniuses. It's like the writers pull up a wikipedia page and repeat whatever is written for whatever scenario.

New Threads

Top Bottom