• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cars and car troubles

I like the first one, the second one looks of mixed heritage.

It's very weird to walk up to one of them. You think, "What's wrong with this picture?" Then you almost think your eyes are playing tricks on you!

But yes, there's nothing like a real 63 Vette to warm your heart. :cool::cool::cool:

63_Vette_zpsea3646ab.jpg

I like the Vette as well as the sting rays. Thanks Judge.

You're welcome. Warwick. :)

Hot August Nights is an annual occasion here. And now Barrett-Jackson appears to be as well, so I'm always armed with some interesting car pictures.

I will start this for a place where we can complain about our cars and offer help as well.:(:)

I hope you are starting to get on top of your car now Butterfly Lady.
:)

I hope you are not having to much trouble with your car Grapesicle:)
I did some time as an owner/technicial of a modern automotive repair facility that included show quality auto body...in an AS fashion,I took it over the top...I see visions that are perfect copies of what I have seen or what I need to see and can sort thru them like a very rapid computer applying what I know to what I need. It is like a photographic record,only better due to my added details on the fly. I am new to the AS world only recently figuring out what made me different. I offer sound advice from a savant in mechanical skills amongst a whole lot of other areas. I have a racing background that dates back to age 14 when I built my first car from two scrap ones spliced in the middle...it had 4 carburetors on it that puzzled the best of mechanics...I rebuilt them and figured them out so it would be faster...I am 54 years old now and you get to tap my brain...lucky you!

Nitro, feel free to add your photos as well, it has grown into a car appreciation thread as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this thread! I've always wished to know a little more about cars.

I'm also really excited to be getting my oil changed on Thursday, 5,000 miles overdue. For me, that is unheard of...I am usually anal and religious about such things. I just haven't been able to afford it lately...I'm having to cancel my therapy appointment to get it done, but ce qui sera, sera.

But that old clunker I talked about at the beginning of this thread? It just passed the 350,000 mile mark! I am so proud! As long as I take good care of the reverse gear, I have a feeling the engine will rust out of the bottom and fall out before it even dies. This '93 Camry is one helluva trooper!

You just opened up a whole new can of worms asking for pix...I collect those too...many of 1960s production lines with cars being built...did I mention I built the washing machine that cleaned all the Cadillac Northstar engine blocks? It is not finished yet,but I am assembling a Corvette 427 Blower motor with a matching 4 speed to use as my TV stand...

I love this thread! I've always wished to know a little more about cars.

I'm also really excited to be getting my oil changed on Thursday, 5,000 miles overdue. For me, that is unheard of...I am usually anal and religious about such things. I just haven't been able to afford it lately...I'm having to cancel my therapy appointment to get it done, but ce qui sera, sera.

But that old clunker I talked about at the beginning of this thread? It just passed the 350,000 mile mark! I am so proud! As long as I take good care of the reverse gear, I have a feeling the engine will rust out of the bottom and fall out before it even dies. This '93 Camry is one helluva trooper!
I completely dismantled a 1985 Toyota truck and built a new one from parts and stuff from other trucks...it started out 2 wheel drive with a carb...I added 4 wheel drive to it and made it electronic fuel injected...I rebuilt EVERY part...it was better than new when I got done...I love Toyotas

I relate events in my life to what I was driving and even what song was playing on the radio if it was in motion during that time...

Some may find this article interesting, it as a Group B rally car Peugeot done.

amazing engineering for the time, mid eighties.

I have seen one when it was in the country (N.Z), a small 4x 4 with a lot of power in a small power range.

Attachments

• img028.jpg
    img028.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 59
  • img029.jpg
    img029.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 60
  • img030.jpg
    img030.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 68
  • img031.jpg
    img031.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 63
  • img032.jpg
    img032.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
When I rode my Harley,I became one with it and hyper analyzed all of it as it worked...I even talked to her...you have no idea how crazy it is to see this movie as I calculate everything that goes on...right down to what happens when I add the throttle to it during the combustion process and all the involved physics that apply...I see the compression rings getting pushed to the cylinder wall by the heated nitrogen (I get to see nitrogen on the periodic table then too)during the power stroke and then the collapse of the rings as the pressure leaves them...I once got thrown out of an NHRA Prostock pit area for knowing what had been done to it to make it win...I knew too much about it and was suspected to be a plant to steal their info...I just knew too much about it without asking I suppose and they got scared...this AS stuff scared me at first,but now I see it as a gift and want to help others who understand my world...Sit down,shut up and hold on...it is always a crazy ride

New Threads

Top Bottom