• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cars and car troubles

some interesting photos of my car at its different ride heights

no hydraulic pressure flat

normal ride height

inter mediate height

high for flood crossing and wheel changing

Attachments

• GSA normal.jpg
    GSA normal.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Gsa intermediate.jpg
    Gsa intermediate.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Gsa  high.jpg
    Gsa high.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 88
  • GSA flat.jpg
    GSA flat.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 83
I have the K&N on my PT Cruiser, I can see you could have problems if you over oil it. It's sort of a meticulous process to do it right, but I am a bit A.R. so no biggie.

Speaking of my PT Cruiser, apparently something attached to the top of my gas tank has a small leak that I still haven't located. I changed the o-ring seal where the pump goes on. I have also replaced the fuel hose from the pump to chassis. I'm guessing that the next thing would be the charcoal canister? Do those leak fluid or just vapors? I'm not really an expert on modern gas tanks, I couldn't believe the tangle of hoses on top of this thing! Nothing like my '65 F100! Any suggestions?

Thanks, I'll check them out. That would be cool if it was just a hose. Charcoal canisters aren't cheap.

One thing I did on the PT was to reroute the intake of the airbox to the wheel well. The air there is cooler than in the engine compartment. That's supposed to increase performance also. Don't know how doable that is on the Vic. I did it with some PVC and foam for sealing the opening to the wheel well (which already existed).

Warwick wanted to know more about the artwork I planned on doing on my car that I mentioned in the "How do you feel today?" thread so, here is a picture of the car that inspired me to think about Sharpie art. BUT I will be adding more color then he did do to a psychedelic look like Janice Joplin's Porsche. (though hers was actually painted)

This, is all done in Sharpie permanent marker. He actually found one that was an oil based paint though that he went over everything with and added the color with. before he was having to go over the Sharpie constantly because the sun would fade it. He couldn't even clear it because all his hard work would still disappear.

Butter fly lady you might want to look up the Von Dutch car paint jobs. I think he did some thing similar He also created the flying eyeball as well.

I know others have done something similar with sharpies, he is not the only one. I don't know if I can do anything even remotely as good as his without stencils and extra practice.

This is a photo of the Janis Joplin Porsche

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 163
  • JoplinPorsche.jpg
    JoplinPorsche.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Yea, like I mentioned before, the guy who owns the car I posted, found the Sharpie paint ones, to start with, I just want to use sharpie to see if I even like it and if not I can let it fade away and try again, then get the paint ones to get it to stay longer.

I under stand your approach it is easier to try it out in the sharpie first, then redo it in paint later on if you like it.

you might like the front on photo Butterfly lady:) can you spot the butter fly.

Yep, I had already seen pictures of her car all the way around and I don't think that is the only butterfly on the car. also on the back passenger side it is like a starry night. it is very neat the way all of the things blend together on it.

What I was meaning was many butterflies all over the car. you may be able to use a stencil for the outlines.

New Threads

Top Bottom