• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bullying article

How does one differentiate bullying from 'good-natured' teasing?" I work among a lot of gruff, salty men that like to poke fun, etc., but I never know if they're being funny and consider me "one of the guys" or if they're ridiculing and bullying me. It becomes a bit different when you reach my age.

Well, I'm an aspie too, so I'm no oracle at this. The logical answer seems to be "set a boundary, see if it gets crossed". Bullying includes a lack of respect.

If I take that same course of action now, someone would end up in the ER or morgue and I would end up behind bars.

I like those confidence levels. As you say, though, that is probably a line not to cross.

An example:

You: *hangs jacket on chair or peg*
You, to person: Don't touch my jacket.
Person: *demonstratively touches your jacket*

You now know the levels of respect this person has for you. More specifically, you know how far it doesn't extend. They may try to gaslight you and pass it off as a joke, and they probably do see it as a joke. Don't be fooled into thinking that makes it benign.

New Threads

Top Bottom