• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bizarre real-life Tragedies

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
A strange thing keeps happening to me, I often find myself in situations where people are saying and doing things that were wrong, and all I could do was wring my hands and walk away angry; and then, like an old-fashion tragedy, something would blow-up in there faces that would totally vindicate me, only it would be far worse than I had expected or desired.

I think the biggest example I can think of this happening, would be the time I left Christian Forums, Christian Forums is by far the worst forum site I have ever been on, it was even worse than Wrong Planet, (which is No. 2 on my list) I was treated quite poorly by the people on that site and when I left (I should have left much earlier to be honest) I was quite furious with the people on there. Then, out of nowhere, there was this huge huge explosion, that just totally vindicated a lot of the issues I had with the people on there.

A few years later a similar thing happened with a Catholic commentator and online personality, whom I had a few issues with. I’m sure there are a lot of other examples of this happening to me but I won’t ramble on on that, I’m going to be taking a break from this site for an unknown period of time; but I thought I’d post this thread here asking if anyone else had similar experiences like this, it sure would be interesting to hear.

I am not sure if this is similar to what you meant to say but, i have had a family member insult me to my face. At that time i was already very sensitive and cried a lot over what he said. I felt like he would never understand the damage he did to me with what he said and nor would he care.
A very short time later he had a complicated brain surgery, and lost most of his memory and mental capabilities after that.

I wondered whether it was because of me or because of karma. I sincerely hope it wasn't because of that

I walked out of a business collaboration about 7 years ago because I saw the end coming. They vilified me, accused me of cowardice and "not believing in the dream", and then, a couple of months, later went under. I felt vindicated and sort of sad for them, but not too sad because the owner was a vicious person who leeched off of unsuspecting people and looked for ways to capitalize on their misery.

Yes, GS, it's happened to me a number of significant times. I really dislike the whole process. It's just backwards from getting to be a blessing. Maybe not as many times, but I have also sounded the alarm when I could throw weight behind a reasonable response or preparation.

I am beginning to suspect that somehow being autistic rubs up against being observant and analytical. Witness the conversations in this forum versus the social media norm. I hate to generalize, but we seem to be a thoughtful and reflective cohort.

I think now is when I get castigated for generalizing about people on the spectrum. No offense intended, I assure.

Works opposite for me. I am the one who gets hurt by someone and then they are vindicated and go on to become healthy, wealthy, and wise. Some of us are the gods' playthings.

toxic environments require a scapegoat, it gives people a reason not to examine the flaws in their group or self/selves, and also people bond over a common enemy, so that's a lure/payoff too.

when the scapegoat leaves or is expelled, a new one must be found or everything implodes.

I don't know 'christian forums', I tried an autistic christian forum a long time ago, but it was email only and I didn't find it terribly interesting or useful, just the same people saying the same things. I follow some christian podcast or youtube channels from time to time, and change if necessary. I don't strongly feel the need to participate.

Remember, this doesn’t just happen with Catholics or Christians, it can just as easily happen with Autistic people as well. I really hope and pray my future kids don’t suffer the consequences of the actions or inactions of certain Autism Acceptance advocates and the like.

I think stuff kind of blows up for people a lot of the time (myself included), and if you've got a vendetta with the parties involved it can feel a little sweet temporarily. But honestly, those feelings fade immediately when things inevitably start looking up for them (which they usually will), and then you're just kind of back to seething about it.

My personal issue with that type of vengeance is that it leads to long-term suffering (for me), but if it works for somebody else I definitely wouldn't want to take that away from them. I try to remember that misfortune is around the corner for all of us, and we're all going to get our turn no matter what we believe in - and some of the opposite.

Every setback strengthens us, too. That's another reason why vengeance doesn't really work out long-term.

Last edited:
Remember, this doesn’t just happen with Catholics or Christians, it can just as easily happen with Autistic people as well. I really hope and pray my future kids don’t suffer the consequences of the actions or inactions of certain Autism Acceptance advocates and the like.

Admittedly, I think autism itself is a tough path and nothing in this world is really designed to change that. But who's to say that we didn't all sign up for this beforehand? Maybe we wanted to play on hard mode, and if you end up having autistic children, maybe they (will have) decided the same.

Obviously this doesn't render your mission meaningless at all (quite the opposite, in my opinion), but it's worth it to remember that there will always be evil forces working against you. But, as with everything, that difficulty level will make even the smallest victories much sweeter. There's a cool little paradox in that.

I obviously have a different definition of the words Bizarre and Tragedy to other people. I expected to be reading stories like when I got hit by a car right out front of a doctor's surgery. And when I got in to the doctor's surgery he couldn't deal with me straight away because he was busy talking to police, he'd been robbed during the night and all his drugs were missing.

I obviously have a different definition of the words Bizarre and Tragedy to other people. I expected to be reading stories like when I got hit by a car right out front of a doctor's surgery. And when I got in to the doctor's surgery he couldn't deal with me straight away because he was busy talking to police, he'd been robbed during the night and all his drugs were missing.

At least you still wouldn't have pee-ice landing on your house!

Well, there's a grocery chain that I boycott, and the one I lived beside was sold to an independent local chain. I then moved to a block away from another one, and it closed too, with a caveat that no other grocer could rent the space. Maybe it was like the time I voted, and one vote was the decider.

A man I knew was killed by some kid in a BMW sports car I believe going over 120 mph after the kid ran a red light and hit him. It was a really bad accident as the engine of the Ford Explorer the man was driving flew down the highway I think twenty feet away, a wheel went rolling past a doctor’s office where a woman I was talking to about the accident said she just heard this loud crash and the next thing she knew was that she saw the tire rolling right past the office, and the Explorer was ripped right in half. You have to remember that a Ford Explorer is a pretty large car that isn’t so easily damaged if it got hit by a smaller car and you’d have to be going pretty fast to run into it and cause it to be torn apart and have the engine come flying out.

Agreed.

My story: When I was working in the emergency room, a young man came in injured in a car accident. He had rammed into a Porshe parked outside a home. Then one of the ER docs got a call telling him his Porshe had been totalled by a young man (they used stronger words.) Guess who took care of the young man? The doctor whose car he ruined.

I think stuff kind of blows up for people a lot of the time (myself included), and if you've got a vendetta with the parties involved it can feel a little sweet temporarily. But honestly, those feelings fade immediately when things inevitably start looking up for them (which they usually will), and then you're just kind of back to seething about it.

My personal issue with that type of vengeance is that it leads to long-term suffering (for me), but if it works for somebody else I definitely wouldn't want to take that away from them. I try to remember that misfortune is around the corner for all of us, and we're all going to get our turn no matter what we believe in - and some of the opposite.

Every setback strengthens us, too. That's another reason why vengeance doesn't really work out long-term.
I guess one thing that helps is to move on after those things happen, in some of the previous situations I hanged around in some way; I didn't point out what had happened, I knew that that was unwise, but I hanged around and ultimately got caught into something else in some way and that got me into some kind of other trouble, issue or the like.

I think I mentioned this before, but I had to leave college because of bullying. And I don't mean like, "teasing," I mean I was being psychologically, verbally and in some cases even physically tormented.
There was one particular person who stood out to me as the main culprit though, and he was also not surprisingly one of the most "popular" and well-liked students in the entire school. I don't want to go into detail about what exactly it was, but he made up a lie about me that was so messed up and disgusting that I ended up getting kicked out of my dorm because I was self-harming every day since I couldn't live with the rumors he was spreading about me (that everyone else was totally buying.)

It got to the point that I couldn't even walk into the cafeteria without being harassed, and even professors were angry at me and being mean to me. And because it was college, and we were all adults, there was nothing that the school administrators "could" do about it and they just wanted to wash their hands of the whole thing. And once my parents got involved and were angrily demanding action, the school wanted to sweep it under the rug even more.
I ended up having to leave because I was having a hysterical mental breakdown every morning before I went to school and I couldn't complete any assignments. I wasn't sleeping or eating, and this whole situation triggered a relapse of anorexia and self-injury. Obviously, it made my PTSD worse too, and now I can't go back to school even though I'm almost in my 30s, because school is still strongly associated with trauma for me.

Anyways... this is the vindictive part...
The bully who started the rumors that ruined my life was a semi-famous Youtuber... I don't remember exactly how many subscribers he had but it was over 100,000 which was a lot for that time (mid 2010s.)
On his Youtube channel, he used a lot of clips from TV shows and movies, so he got a lot of copyright strikes. Eventually his entire channel was taken down, and he lost all his subscribers and sponsors and effectively disappeared from social media since he was dealing with legal issues.
He deserved it!!!
Of course, it will never make up for what he did to me, and the permanent trauma that it caused, but I can sleep slightly better at night knowing that the universe punished him lol

New Threads

Top Bottom