• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gorazd

How well do you remember your childhood and other events from life?

My childhood is almost blank (which is good, for me). I had problems with writing a biography in chronological order. (And the worst part of it, I had to write about emotions!) I do remember some facts, but I often don't remember when exactly it happened. At some points there are still holes in my memory, but I remember more. Photos do help with remembering events.

I'm amazed how friends can make a narration from 4-years old.

How is it for you?

I can remember a lot from 6 upwards and some from a bit younger and it is the bain of my life, because it might as well be today and yep that includes emotions. I am not good with emotions, but have enough to go around for anyone who wants emtions lol

When I am asked how I feel, I cannot answer; find it very difficult to express how I feel.

But anyway, sorry this is about memory and yes, I have an excellent memory; nothing that would get me in the media though lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Price
I listened to The Woman Who Can't Forget on a CD.
While I understand it is an amazing situation for a human
to be hyperthymesic, remembering every detail, I kept thinking,
listening to the story, too bad she doesn't have anything that
is actually interesting to remember.

Studying the way her mind works will be of some use, apparently.
But she herself, was not actually interesting or insightful.

That is how her book seemed to me.

I can remember quite a lot from childhood, including sounds, smells and textures. I have one memory of being an infant and lying on my back on a huge bed and staring at the curtains fluttering at a window.

My earliest memory...I was about 18 months old. There are several more memories throughout my childhood (not many of them good), and I have autobiographical facts for all phases, too, like where we lived when, what school I was at for which grades, names of many of my teachers, where places were located in relation to other places. I could draw the floorplans for about half of the houses we lived in. I remember favorite objects and spaces, and I have lots and lots of memories of playing by myself, but not many memories of playing with other people, even my siblings. I remember a few attempts at playing with them, but mostly I would get bored with whatever game it was, and go ride my bike or walk in the woods or hole up in my room.

New Threads

Top Bottom