• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistamatic video on YouTube

The background music was hard to ignore. I wanted to hear you more and the music less.
I see that you want to use it, but could you turn the volume down a bit and/or change the music to something else every couple of minutes?
I learned a lot from your video and feel better about myself. Thank you!

The voice over in the intro is a bit too loud. Also, your voice all throughout the video seems to be playing in the right audio channel, which is the one that plays in your right ear when you use stereo/surround headphones and speaker systems. You can easily fix this by adjusting the audio channel balance accordingly.

Thanks Joshua. I haven't noticed the sound balance being off but I will check it out with some headphones.

Interesting comments.

I was so fixated on his content in terms of the prospects of reaching out to a Neurotypical audience, I pretty much didn't pay into attention to audio and visual aspects of his presentation. They didn't distract me relative to the importance of his message. Sometimes I can channel things out, other times I can't.

Definitely agree with @Judge. No one can be 100% happy with everything, I think Autistamatic did an absolutely fantastic job at balancing the video to suit both ND's and NT's need for visual and audio content. It's a difficult one as we're quite sensitive to some things, but without them NT's won't necessarily get the message quite as clearly / or be interested enough to go all the way to the end. The background music helps with that, so I think we need to be mindful that this video isn't *just* for us. It's for everyone! :D

I didn't really notice the audio either and found the video really informative and well presented. I've only been looking into autism for a short while but found this to be one of the best that I've seen.
It seems as though it has been made for me, it answers a lot of the general questions but the part about hobbies and interest was of special interest.
I've managed to deal with most of my social issues( mainly by cutting myself off) but my partner has never understood my love of being alone in the garage working on my hobbies.

It's just terrific and I've shared it on Facebook and subscribed to your channel. I hope Hdphn33 is right and it takes off. Will forward it to others I know who are also making videos on ASD.

I really enjoyed the video too & subscribed. I think you did a good job in front of the camera. But I also found the music distracting. Maybe an NT might have a different opinion though. But overall good job & I appreciate the message!

Just now saw this post and I am thrilled. Before hopping into the Forums, I searched You Tube for information on Aspergers and there was nothing. Your channel will make it possible for a lot of people to understand. Thank you for putting this valuable information on this mainstream platform where it is needed. You are a hero to us all!

My husband is a You Tuber. I am having him subscribe us and set up to watch tonight. After I get a chance to watch and think about it and maybe sleep on it, I'll probably have more feedback. All I can say so far is that I couldn't have made a better casting choice to bust the myths about this subject. You even look like a cross between Adam and Jaime.

As in Mythbusters? LOL - I love that show.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm genuinely blown away by how positive everyone has been.
A second video: "Newly Diagnosed... What Next?" Will be going up tomorrow after I've adjusted the sound based upon the valuable feedback you guys have given me. Those sensitive to flashing effects will be pleased to know there aren't any such effects in the second video and I'll bear that in mind for the future.
I'll post a thread when it's up for anyone who would like to see it.

Just now saw this post and I am thrilled. Before hopping into the Forums, I searched You Tube for information on Aspergers and there was nothing. Your channel will make it possible for a lot of people to understand. Thank you for putting this valuable information on this mainstream platform where it is needed. You are a hero to us all!

My husband is a You Tuber. I am having him subscribe us and set up to watch tonight. After I get a chance to watch and think about it and maybe sleep on it, I'll probably have more feedback. All I can say so far is that I couldn't have made a better casting choice to bust the myths about this subject. You even look like a cross between Adam and Jaime.

Actually there's quite a lot on YouTube on ASD and Aspergers but this one by Autistamatic is one of the best videos I've seen. You might like the Asperger's from the Inside Youtube videos also.

Look out for a chap called Max Derrat too. He's done a short, but ongoing series about understanding Asperger's which many will find informative. His style is very different from mine, but it's very well written.

Actually there's quite a lot on YouTube on ASD and Aspergers but this one by Autistamatic is one of the best videos I've seen. You might like the Asperger's from the Inside Youtube videos also.

Thank you. I shall view this series too. When ever I did a search, YouTube kept giving me videos from this annoying fellow with the word Asperger in the title but no content. The more information the merrier but more importantly better videos will be even better.

Those sensitive to flashing effects will be pleased to know there aren't any such effects in the second video and I'll bear that in mind for the future.
I think that it was a combination of the flashes and sound affects that totally overloaded me - if it were just the word 'disorder' (with big, jagged letters) being flashed in the smaller box imbedded in the video, it would be ok, I mean it would make me uncomfortable and a bit anxious as it is designed to do, but it wouldn't totally brain-zap me as it does now.

Thank you. I shall view this series too. When ever I did a search, YouTube kept giving me videos from this annoying fellow with the word Asperger in the title but no content. The more information the merrier but more importantly better videos will be even better.
What's your husband's YT channel?

Hi everyone
Just wanted to post an update on the feedback you've given me. All has been gratefully received and will influence my work going forward. Thank you all so much for being so encouraging and for being tactful in your criticisms. I'm glad I chose this forum to launch the channel :D
I have already addressed the relative volumes of the commentary and background music in the second video which will be available later today and I hope that those people who found the balance a little distracting in this one will find it far less obtrusive.
Unfortunately YouTube no longer offers any practical facilities for editing videos after upload beyond blurring faces or cutting bits out so I am unable to make any changes to it without deleting and re-uploading which I am loathe to do at this early stage. I have, however added a warning to the video description regarding the short static section as suggested by @Monachopia and highlighted by @Progster . I have also edited the OP of this thread to include the warning too.

Hi everyone
Just wanted to post an update on the feedback you've given me. All has been gratefully received and will influence my work going forward. Thank you all so much for being so encouraging and for being tactful in your criticisms. I'm glad I chose this forum to launch the channel :D
I have already addressed the relative volumes of the commentary and background music in the second video which will be available later today and I hope that those people who found the balance a little distracting in this one will find it far less obtrusive.
Unfortunately YouTube no longer offers any practical facilities for editing videos after upload beyond blurring faces or cutting bits out so I am unable to make any changes to it without deleting and re-uploading which I am loathe to do at this early stage. I have, however added a warning to the video description regarding the short static section as suggested by @Monachopia and highlighted by @Progster . I have also edited the OP of this thread to include the warning too.
You are welcome.

Fantastic work! The whole video looks really professional & well constructed & you present it very well. Well done, it must be great to complete a project like that. Thank you for cc posting it here.

New Threads

Top Bottom