• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

AutismForums.com Has A New Owner

Brent

Administrator
Hey everyone,

Autism Forums has a new owner. Since we took over the site, it has been absolutely awesome watching it grow and the work that @Nitro and @tree have done to make it possible.

I have decided to move on from the site but I have found someone who is incredibly excited about taking the forum over and putting the time in to make it a great resource going forward.

@Satal is an individual who cares about this topic and forum and wants to keep it thriving. I honestly could not be happier that we found an individual and not a company to take this forum over.

I want to thank you all for making this an incredible resource and I have enjoyed watching this site grow since 2013. I look forward to watching that continue now that we have handed over the reigns to @Satal

Please take some time to say hello to him and he will be here shortly to introduce himself to all of you.

Thank you @Brent and hello everyone :)

Some of you have already seen me around the site and already said hello. Over the last few weeks, I've been working in the background, getting to know @tree and @Nitro, and what's involved in keeping a site like this up and running.

As @Brent, has mentioned I'm excited to have been able to take on responsibility for keeping this site running and I will do what I can to ensure that this carries on being a great place for everyone here, and those who have yet to find AF.

Thank you @Brent and hello everyone :)

Some of you have already seen me around the site and already said hello. Over the last few weeks, I've been working in the background, getting to know @tree and @Nitro, and what's involved in keeping a site like this up and running.

As @Brent, has mentioned I'm excited to have been able to take on responsibility for keeping this site running and I will do what I can to ensure that this carries on being a great place for everyone here, and those who have yet to find AF.

Welcome and greetings, @Satal

My hope is that this forum continues on in the same way that it has been: providing an overall positive and supportive online space for autistic people and those who support them. The same can not be said for all online autism forums so this one is unique and valuable in that regard.

And don't forget clg114 ! who with tree and Nitro have been the three pillars of wisdom of this forum.

Thanks Brent for your concientious service. :)

Have seen Satel around already a bit and very encouraged about our future.

The same can not be said for all online autism forums so this one is unique and valuable in that regard.
Yes, unfortunately, this is too true of a lot of forums in our space and in others, but all I can do is hope that we can continue to be the sort of forum that is deserved by so many.

And don't forget clg114 ! who with tree and Nitro have been the three pillars of wisdom of this forum
This is true, I haven't had much of an opportunity to get to know @clg114 so far (I'm UK based, which is a little inconvenient for communications) but I look forward to doing so :D

leonardo-dicaprio-sold-gif.gif

That's an enthusiastic hhwhack.

It's nice to see how many people from UK are around here.

Ed

@Brent set a standard here that will always be remembered.
He provided us with a platform and enabled us to grow from there.
He mostly worked behind the scenes here tending to our IT needs.
In time, I was offered my staff position that gave each of you a visible day to day administrator.
Hated by some I'm sure, but hopefully loved by a few.
Keep in mind that we as staff are both on the spectrum and human too, so we don't always get it right, but please give us credit for trying our best.

@tree is an asset here that tends to a lot of clerical details along with giving some an approach that she has gained thru working with the disadvantaged communities.
She often places definitions into threads which is extremely helpful for all involved.

@clg114 pretty much works behind the scenes and is valued for his thoughtful and wise contributions to our team.
Cool headed and not very excitable makes him a proper staff member in my honest opinion.
He took on his position after @Warmheart had to take a step away.
I don't think we could have made a better choice when we asked him to join our ranks.

Now we will move forward under the leadership of @Satal
I feel we hit it off from the very beginning and can't say enough about how easy he has made our new transition.
I don't think we are going to see any drastic changes here, because as we say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I hope that all of you can get as comfortable with him as I have, because from what I have seen, he is a great fit here too.
Let's all give @Satal a huge official welcome aboard!

Last edited:
Welcome @Satal, thank you for your service @Brent, and thank you as well to @clg114, @Nitro and @tree for keeping the site running and the community engaging and pleasant. I'm new here, but I have really enjoyed the atmosphere in the forum, and it's by far the most pleasant large internet community I have observed. I look forward to seeing the site, well, stay pretty much the same :p.

(I also want to echo what Turbo said. I really appreciate when @tree provides definitions as someone who can't stand when obtuse shorthands are used which can mean 10 different things).

Thank you @Brent for keeping this site vital, thank you @Satal for being there to takeover. As you know we hate changes, so l will go and sigh about this later.

Just relieved to know the flagship of AF are still
here, @Nitro and @tree, otherwise l would completely melt down.

No more new announcements please. ;)

Edit: thanks to @clg114 also. :)

Last edited:
I've been a member for almost 12 years counting and have seen this forum change over the years, and at this point I cannot think of a better online community to be a part of.

@tree, @Nitro, @Brent, @clg114, and a few others are the reason I keep coming back, and as the years pass change is bound to happen. So...welcome on board @Satal!

I don't know why I have mixed feelings about this, I'm just using the forum and I haven't been here for very long. It just sounds like such a big change and who likes change. :)
But good luck to everyone and thanks for making this forum. And thanks to the moderators for all the work they put into it.

@Satal I think the best advice I can give you is to rule with a bit of an iron fist when it comes to trolls or hot topics. That's how it's been done thus far, and we have avoided a lot of the toxicity of other forum sites.

New Threads

Top Bottom