• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

autism what is it

There is no cure for autism at this time. There are therapies to help some manage it better.

please thank you for your time and please answer all of these points so i dont have to re ask them just dont answer one of them .

so the sites online talking about a mom or a doctor who has cured autism is wrong or lies? and fake?

and what does this mean from wikipedie :
Although there is no known cure,[6] there have been cases of children who have recovered from the condition.[14]

what does it mean recovered from the condition... isnt that the same thing as cured.

and is this guy saying the untruth when he says there is a cure for autism? or did he not say there is a cure for autism?
Can Autism be Cured? - Dr. Mark Hyman

Last edited:
Part of the answer may be that some people can be taught to hide autism. In fact many, if not most HFA's (High Functioning Autistics) learn to hide it by copying neurotypical behaviors. But we know we hide it and our original thoughts and impulses are still there. When dealing with children it is difficult to assess. Did they actually have autism in the first place? But time will tell as they mature and can speak for themselves.

The current most accepted theory is that autism results from non standard development of the brain. There are believed to be many different factors/causes that can bring it about and the resulting level of autism varies greatly between person to person.

This results in a brain with variation from typical and there is currently no known process to reverse or correct it. There is also no medication to treat autism. There are only medications to treat the conditions that often come with autism such as Anxiety and Depression.

The claims to the contrary are just claims at this point and unproven from a scientific standpoint, that is unaccepted by the medical community.

you answered everything besides what i asked...i know what autism is... i was asking about the rest

aka
so the sites online talking about a mom or a doctor who has cured autism is wrong or lies? and fake?

Although there is no known cure,[6] there have been cases of children who have recovered from the condition.[14]

what does it mean recovered from the condition... isnt that the same thing as cured.

and is this guy saying the untruth when he says there is a cure for autism? or did he not say there is a cure for autism?

I thought I answered exactly what you asked. Oh well. Perhaps someone else may be more helpful.

i am literally asking firstly #1 :
what does it mean when wikipeida says

isnt recovering same as curing? ... this might be my english that i cant see the difference between curing and recovering

my SECOND qestion is :
are sites like what iposted WRONG that claim there are cures and ways to cure or remove autism?

WELL there is a cure for mental illness cogntiive theraphy and medication does cure people i am one of thosse.. there are even people with schitzo frenia that has been cured....i want to know am i autistic because i have had LD and if i sometimes do ... even if its based on my thoughts ... or is it not possible for autistic people to cure or get ridd of their symptoms completely like i have been able to and many others have with cogntivie therhapy..
i am trying to eliminate factors to get to the answer of wheater or not i have autism
No schizophrenia can't be cured it cancbe controlled by taking medication
And no you can't cure autism others have already told you that

okay i reword my question... i am trying to learn here be patient with me..

and plesae try to answer me detailed so that i dont get confused as usuall

this what i am understanding from what you are saying okay:

autism can not be cured " not “cure.” To “cure” means to “erase” permanently. " so it means autism can not be erased permanently.
but instead it can be treated to help people cope with it
do i understand that right?
also?
i understand it cant even be erased at all not even temporaly
is this right as well?

okay .. so second last quersrtion
when wikipedia says

"Although there is no known cure,[6] there have been cases of children who have recovered from the condition.[14] "

because my first language is not english i want help to translate this.... when it says " recover" doesnt that mean the same as " cure" or " cured" ?

also LAST question

are people and dr that say these things wrong ? or telling lies?
like those sites that claim that there are CURES or REMOVAL of autism?

Last edited:
It CAN'T be cured who ever wrote that on Wikipedia is lying also your asking the same thing over and over again
Obviously some autism hating human edited it (I'm sure Wikipedia pages can be edited)

it doesnt say it can be cured .... if you actually red .. it says it cant be cured but some people recover.... which is why its conflicting in my non english mind

REPOST so others can answer it as well..
besides.. pkemon maniac .. pokemon is awesome btw

okay i reword my question... i am trying to learn here be patient with me..

autism can not be cured " not “cure.” To “cure” means to “erase” permanently. " so it means autism can not be erased permanently.
also?
is this right as well?

when wikipedia says

"Although there is no known cure,[6] there have been cases of children who have recovered from the condition.[14] "

because my first language is not english i want help to translate this.... when it says " recover" doesnt that mean the same as " cure" or " cured" ?

also LAST question

Autism is not “curable.” It is a neurological thing you are born with. You can certainly spend time on all these forum threads and she how people help themselves, learn and practice new coping skills. Mindfulness, and meditation help everyone to become more aware, relaxed, and more successful. Some autistics take medications, as do some who are not autistic and have other mental illness. There is not one easy answer. It sounds like you are doing all the right things to enjoy life to the fullest. v

but you yourself used teh word curable... and the word in wikipedia says though there is no known cure,[6]

a lot of tings can be erazed though in your own words... a lot of my previous psychological issues have been cured or erazed... so its not wrong to say cured or in your word erazed

but i think i understand that you say autism can not be cured aka can not be erazed it can only be helped.

please thank you for your time and please answer all of these points so i dont have to re ask them just dont answer one of them .

Why Current Thinking About Autism Is Completely Wrong - Dr. Mark Hyman

The science is too new here, and this guy has very little to go on. Nutrition can help people in miraculous ways. But there would have to be hundreds if not thousands of test subjects by many different doctors world wide to prove anything. There would have to be published studies in reputable scientific journals. This guy might just be scamming or he is definitely not going by the rules and regulations of research driven medicine. If he got his medical license, he would know the protocols and rules against even making public statements like this.

This guy is not acting like a real doctor by citing only one patient called SAM. He also is inferring the SAM got autism after receiving vaccinations. It has been scientifically proven that vaccinations do NOT cause autism. So I believe this doctor is lying, faking, scamming, and trying to get people to pay for whatever HE is selling. He is not acting like a reputable professional doctor.

There are so many variables when doing studies, and this one article does not prove anything. To write an article like this is very harmful.
It makes people believe something that has not been proven.

I see now that a huge problem is with your challenges understanding English. No wonder you keep asking the same things and not understanding us. :)

I wouldn't trust wikipedia as a reliable source of information too much. If you ever check through any books on the topics, you will easily find how many of the articles are incorrect or generalised.

Anyway, the fact is that autism cannot be 'cured' since it's not a sickness in a typical sense of this word. With time you can learn to cope with its symptoms, but these will never fully go away.

wikipedia is not saying its curable... but it says let me write again..

THIS IS MY ISSUE WITH IT :

can someone help me with that?
¨
and

so all articles online about curing autism are false and wrong?

Last edited:
i am trying to learn here be patient with me..

also?

is this right as well?

when wikipedia says

also LAST question

You are understanding right.

There is no cure for autism, in the way a doctor might cure a disease. There is no way to remove or erase autism.

The best and only thing that can be done is helping the person with autism cope with autism and the difficulties they will have living in a world that is not friendly towards autism.

When people, doctors, websites talk about "curing" or "removing" autism, what they likely mean is that they have made autism in another person (usually in a child) to be not a problem for THEM. They do not mean that the person with autism no longer has autism.

what does wikipedia mean hen it says

again its confusing to me what does i tmean when it say there is no cure but some have recovered

what does wikipedia mean hen it says

again its confusing to me what does i tmean when it say there is no cure but some have recovered
It refers to a study in which it is stated that some children can improve their skillsets to such a level that their functioning is deemed on a “normal” level.

The quote you posted is a little misleading because it is taken out of context, without explaining what is defined as recovery in that study. There’s no recovery, just adapting. The autism doesn’t go away, it’s just less apparent. You don’t recover from autism like you would from for instance pneumonia.

Last edited:
1. The quote about recovery is misleading, as the study it refers to uses recovery as a term for people being able to blend in and hiding their autism. That’s not recovery, it’s adaptation.

2. Yes, articles about curing autism are false claims.

As a side note: please don’t copy and paste the same slab of text over and over, it’s not a pleasant thing to read and it doesn’t come off as particularly friendly.

This is what I’ve been wondering.

Bear in mind, though, that Wikipedia can have anyone able to edit information as they please. I wouldn’t go to that site.

New Threads

Top Bottom