• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie Tests (RAADS, AQ etc)

Well, it’s really eye opening to ME because I see now that there is my “public” persona, and then my “inner” one. I really see now how hard I have tried all my life to fit in and be accepted and it’s very difficult to look back at that. I plan to take the test a few more times...one as how I felt as a young adult (really disconnected), and then again as now at age 61. The one I did initially was a combination of the two.

I can't answer that question with authority so I'll stay away from that, but this may be of interest to anyone wanting to find out more about the Neanderthal theory of neurodiversity and the Aspie quiz. The questions in the quiz that we find weird are kind of explained in light of the theory... About half way down the page, for those who want to scroll down without reading everything. It's kind of amusing reading, actually... Finding alleged links between Aspies and Neanderthals.

In the above paper I read that the Aspie quiz has found a higher incidence of red hair among Aspies, and a higher incidence of brown/hazel eyes among Aspies. If nothing else, the Aspie quiz provides pretty interesting data. (Incidentally, I have neither red hair nor brown eyes. I have some red hairs on my head but I also have black and brown and blond in there. :) )

Data from the quiz also appears to show that Aspies prefer colder weather. :)

Unfortunately data somehow seems to show that "Peeling skin flakes from self or others is also common in autistics. 96This seems to be a grooming behavior commonly seen in other primates which indicates an evolutionary past with a fur-coat." Now, what does "peeling skin flakes" actually mean? Does it mean picking scabs? Does it mean being fastidious about personal grooming? Does it mean squeezing pimples? Does it mean pulling at the quick of one's fingernails? If it only means peeling off flakes of skin it sounds weird, but if by extension it can include other types of "grooming" I think it makes sense. :D I have always had a habit of picking at myself when I'm stressed or distracted. I suppose I consider it a bit like stimming.

Well, it’s really eye opening to ME because I see now that there is my “public” persona, and then my “inner” one. I really see now how hard I have tried all my life to fit in and be accepted and it’s very difficult to look back at that. I plan to take the test a few more times...one as how I felt as a young adult (really disconnected), and then again as now at age 61. The one I did initially was a combination of the two.

I think that's a good approach. Hope the two sets of results you get provide some reassurance.

There has been a great deal of research on Neanderthals now. I would be honored to have Neanderthal ancestry! It’s NOT a bad thing! Most humans if not strictly of African ancestry have some Neanderthal within them. I have not studied the Neanderthal/autism connection, but I will look into the links posted here.

Neanderthals were highly intelligent, and tremendous survivalists. We do not know what happened to them overall as a separate species, but DO know now that they mated and were absorbed genetically into the other hominid species including ours! It’s totally fascinating to get an ancestry test!

By the way, some scientists say that red hair is a Neanderthal ancestry trait, but others deny it. What all agree is that Neatherathals have been grossly stereotyped in the past as knuckle-dragging idiot cavemen. What science shows is that Neanderthals buried their dead, created ornamentation for their bodies, and showed high intelligence. They were able to survive incredible weather events, hunt and gather over vast distances, and survive extreme pain and injuries over a life time. To me, they show incredible skills and strengths that we have lost in the 21th Century.

Last edited:
Here's mine. 147. Took it a few years ago along with the others in my sig. Would be interesting to see what else is out there.

blob.jpg

Here's my most recent result:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 141 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 71 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

poly10a.php

I do think the first time I did the test my DT and ND numbers were a bit closer together though, maybe 110 ND and 90 NT?

I get mild Aspergers on that one on says I’m neurotypical as well ..I’ll give it a go again in a few mins

Last edited:
I never know how to answer it right..unsureon friend questions as I have none..couldn’t answer romantic questions

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 85 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 97 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

Still believe I have Aspergers

I get mild Aspergers on that one on says I’m neurotypical as well ..I’ll give it a go again in a few mins
People who are indecisive (ie. choosing 1 a lot) in this test tend to get told that they have both neurotypical and neurodiverse attributes.

A response of 1 will tend to be interpreted more as "I don't know", than as "somewhat agree".

Hi all, was wondering what your thoughts were re the AQ test? It was taking this that brought me here when my score came out at 38.

It doesn’t help me there are no pictures, I got 46 ,I still never feel like I’m autistic if theyd never said I was borderline, I would’ve been happier. The questions seem repetitive to me I don’t know why.

The questions seem repetitive to me I don’t know why.

They are indeed, but for a reason. To establish a distinct pattern reflecting Neurodiversity or a lack thereof. An intent to establish binary results.

I'm a "41". My NT brother scored a "12". Yep, sounds about right...o_O

Last edited:
Hi! There's some aspie test:
Aspie tests
The RAADS-R one is a Swedish thing, which is also used by professionals. 150+ is probably ASD.
Hope this helps ^^

(My score was also 38 on the AQ test and I'm clearly on the spectrum. RAADS-R score: 194)

Well my scores are in my Signature

And what i said Hoodie Ant was that said test is a well known approved test from Swedens karolinska hospital (also well known and respected facility for this kind of diagnosis) wich are included in the diagnose of possible ASD

Also in said scale 150 and above is Severe ASD ;)

Hi! There's some aspie test:
Aspie tests
The RAADS-R one is a Swedish thing, which is also used by professionals. 150+ is probably ASD.
Hope this helps ^^

(My score was also 38 on the AQ test and I'm clearly on the spectrum. RAADS-R score: 194)
Hi thanks for those, been trying a few out, my RAADS was 143, not sure what that means.

Did the friendship one and came out with 32!! Kinda insulated by that lol! I don’t really do friends but I ain’t that bad....honest.

Hi thanks for those, been trying a few out, my RAADS was 143, not sure what that means.

Did the friendship one and came out with 32!! Kinda insulated by that lol! I don’t really do friends but I ain’t that bad....honest.

The Ritvo Autism Asperger Diagnostic Scale-Revised (RAADS-R)RAADS-R test Scores with a yellow background are above the test threshold values. If your total score is above the threshold it may be worth getting professionally assessed.

A RAADS-R score of 65 or greater is consistent with a clinical diagnosis of ASD. of ASD (sensitivity = 97%, specificity = 100%). A RAADS-R score of 64 or lower is not consistent with a diagnosis

We conclude that the RAADS-R is a useful assist the diagnosis of adults with Autism .....

The average score for males with ASD = 145

The average score for females with ASD = 159

Said scale The ASD Assessment Scale

If the above requirement are met then the following scores may be suggestive of the corresponding definitions:

0 - 49 = no ASD
50-100 = Mild ASD
100-150 = Moderate ASD
> 150 = Severe ASD

Last edited:
Uh... I don't think there is "mild" ASD.
No ASD, possible ASD, very likely ASD, almost certainly ASD? But I don't know.

Uh... I don't think there is "mild" ASD.
No ASD, possible ASD, very likely ASD, almost certainly ASD? But I don't know.

As i also said now adays they have skipped the Mild . etc... and instead put in levels

ASD or autism spectrum disorder is a behavioral disorder of speech, communication, social interaction, and repetitive type compulsive behavior. There are three levels of ASD recognized by the DSMV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, 5th edition). The three levels of severity for ASD include:

Severity levels for autism spectrum disorder Severity level Social communication Restricted, repetitive behaviors

Level 3 “Requiring very substantial support”

Severe deficits in verbal and nonverbal social communication skills cause severe impairments in functioning, very limited initiation of social interactions, and minimal response to social overtures from others. For example, a person with few words of intelligible speech who rarely initiates interaction and, when he or she does, makes unusual approaches to meet needs only and responds to only very direct social approaches.

Inflexibility of behavior, extreme difficulty coping with change, or other restricted/ repetitive behaviors markedly interfere with functioning in all spheres. Great distress/ difficulty changing focus or action.

Level 2 “Requiring substantial support”

Marked deficits in verbal and nonverbal social communication skills; social impairments apparent even with supports in place; limited initiation of social interactions; and reduced or abnormal responses to social overtures from others. For example, a person who speaks simple sentences, whose interaction is limited to narrow special interests, and who has markedly odd nonverbal communication.

Inflexibility of behavior, difficulty coping with change, or other restricted/ repetitive behaviors appear frequently enough to be obvious to the casual observer and interfere with functioning in a variety of contexts. Distress and/ or difficulty changing focus or action.

Level 1 “Requiring support”

Without supports in place, deficits in social communication cause noticeable impairments. Difficulty initiating social interactions, and clear examples of atypical or unsuccessful responses to social overtures of others. May appear to have decreased interest in social interactions. For example, a person who is able to speak in full sentences and engages in communication but whose to-and-fro conversation with others fails, and whose attempts to make friends are odd and typically unsuccessful.

Inflexibility of behavior causes significant interference with functioning in one or more contexts. Difficulty switching between activities. Problems of organization and planning hamper independence

Woah, thank you for the exhaustive answer!
That's just weird cuz my score was 189-194 every time. But I don't think it would be that severe...

New Threads

Top Bottom