• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie Tests (RAADS, AQ etc)

Cosmophylla, where can I get a self-referral form from? NHS?
I'm reading Very Late Diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome by Philip Wylie and it is really good. I'm 41...think that counts as being very late!
The more I read, the more I recognise myself. I also realise that it won't do me any good to be stuck in the limboland between self-diagnosis and official diagnosis. I've already had three years of uncertainty with FND and JHS.
Knowing I'm an Aspie and being enormously relieved but without official recognition is like knowing a happy secret that you want to blurt out to everyone but can't because they won't see it, won't believe it and probably won't share your joy.
But I'm going to burst if I have to keep this to myself for too long! Thank goodness for you guys :)

My contribution to society. I am glad to see the test is fairly repeatable, I forgot my log in so I had to retake the whole thing to get this and my score was only 2 points different from last time I took it.
2n66iwi.png

Last edited:
Cosmophylla, where can I get a self-referral form from? NHS?

Sorry, Skylark, I'm in Australia. I have a local autism organisation that accepts self referrals from adults who suspect they're on the spectrum. The organisation, Autism SA, was started in the 60s by parents and carers who felt they weren't getting adequate support for their autistic children. It now offers diagnostic assessments for children and adults. It's not cheap, but it isn't the most expensive service out there, and I'm relieved that I can refer myself because I'm terrified of not being listened to by a GP (general practitioner, aka doctor... Not sure if you use the term GP there). Is there a private organisation that could help you?

I'm reading Very Late Diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome by Philip Wylie and it is really good. I'm 41...think that counts as being very late!

That sounds like a good book... I might have to look it up. I'm turning 40 next month so I'm a late bloomer, too :D better late than never, though!

The more I read, the more I recognise myself. I also realise that it won't do me any good to be stuck in the limboland between self-diagnosis and official diagnosis. I've already had three years of uncertainty with FND and JHS.

Yes, it is like limbo. What is JHS, if I can ask? (I understand FND... Not fun.)

Knowing I'm an Aspie and being enormously relieved but without official recognition is like knowing a happy secret that you want to blurt out to everyone but can't because they won't see it, won't believe it and probably won't share your joy.
But I'm going to burst if I have to keep this to myself for too long! Thank goodness for you guys :)

I feel exactly the same! I feel so happy to have finally figured out the puzzle but am so reluctant to reveal what I've found for fear of rejection and disbelief. :pensive:

JHS is Joint Hypermobility Syndrome which many experts agree to be the same as Ehlers Danlos Syndrome hypermobility type. I'm awaiting a clinical diagnosis to find out which type I have.
Sorry to hear that you know what FND is. Yourself or someone you know?
Yes, we have General Practitioners.
I really cannot afford a private diagnosis. I'm applying for PIP (disability benefit) but am having to take it to court as the system is just unfair.

The left is neurotypical traits, the right Aspie/neurodiverse traits, so if the shape is balanced over to the right you are more likely to be Aspie/ASD.

poly10a.php

189/200.
The beginning of my formal diagnosis is tomorrow morning.
I'd say that was a decent indicator of what is to come.

Totally crazy!!!!

Aspie score is 155/200
non-autistic is 75/200

And that's AFTER I did a 2 year personal development course!!!!!!!!

What really grates me is that there have been so many professionals in my life. A lot has been lost.

I didn't take this test till after I was formaly diagnosed. It only backed up what I already knew. Another one to take, and the very first test my therapist put me thru was the AQ test. Depending on that score, you proceed or not to other tests. Anything over a 31( I think) indicates autism and further testing required. Its a 50 question test. I scored a 43 out of 50. Mike

I didn't take this test till after I was formaly diagnosed. It only backed up what I already knew. Another one to take, and the very first test my therapist put me thru was the AQ test. Depending on that score, you proceed or not to other tests. Anything over a 31( I think) indicates autism and further testing required. Its a 50 question test. I scored a 43 out of 50. Mike

Hi Mike.
Have you got a link for this please?

The link to this is in Post #30.
http://aspergerstest.net/aq-test/

I got thirty four, lol

• 0-11 low result – indicating no tendency at all towards autistic traits.
  • 11-21 is the average result that people get (many women average around 15 and men around 17)
  • 22-25 shows autistic tendencies slightly above the population average
  • 26-31 gives a borderline indication of an autism spectrum disorder. It is also possible to have aspergers or mild autism within this range.
  • 32-50 indicates a strong likelihood of Asperger syndrome or autism.

New Threads

Top Bottom