• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are there textures you can't bear to touch?

I totally love that part, Kiwi's too :p Peaches have to be perfectly ripe though. Banana's I can't, they're all mushy and get all weird, I can't stand having banana on my fingers, my kid loves bananas but still asks me to open them for them, icky, I always have to wash my hands after. I love banana Laffy Taffy though, lol.

Ewwww kiwi...!!?!? I'd forgotten about them.... hideous 'tongue furry fruit'.....!!!

Wet coffee grounds make me wanna peel my skin off. Anything wet, sticky, or greasy makes my skin crawl as well.

Carpets. My mom used to drag her bare feet on the carpet before we changed to wooden floors. I can't stand it. It makes me shiver like nails on a chalkboard. I can't have any type of food or drink that has little pieces in it... like chunky peanut butter, or corn bread with the little bits of corn inside, or a strawberry smoothie that has the strawberry seeds toward the bottom.

Velvet fabric. It's just too soft... Makes me feel uncomfortable, and tingly.

Certain cotton balls have the same effect on me. And some microfiber towels.

I like fuzzy/feathery/furry soft but anything velvety is just awful.

Same, except the microfiber

I also hate to touch peaches because of the peach fuzz :confused:

I can tolerate most textures except when it comes to clothes. Scratchy wool and felt, slimy, slippery silk and satin, lace and frill trims that feel like razor blades, long sleeves with buttons on the cuffs... because of this I have decided to no longer pay attention to the social pressures of female "fashion", and stick to proper-fitting jeans and t-shirts.

Also I can't stand most makeup and cosmetics because they are too oily and greasy. I hate anything that is oil or oily on my skin, it feels very unclean. It's ironic that most products aimed specifically at women that are supposed to make us look and feel clean and beautiful make me feel the exact opposite.:confounded:

Last edited:
My clothes have to be loose-fitting, mostly jeans/shorts & t-shirts. No sleeves, unless very wide.
Can't wear clothes that cling.

When I was working at the hobby store in college, I would help price & put out new stock. One item we carried were basswood strips & planks, often used by hobbyists to simulate wood structures (nothing looks like wood like wood). I used to have to ask my co-workers to do that job because the feel of the wood made my skin crawl. I also get the same effect with Popsicle sticks, so if I eat one I have to wrap the wrapper around the stick. Certain other unfinished woods are less of a problem for me, but those two really give me issues! I didn't know why then but this forum has been illuminating.

I also have a lot of food issues too. Bits in my drink absolutely! If I dip cookies in milk I have to then dump the milk & use a new glass if I want a drink...because of the cookie crumbs. I also strongly dislike seeds, and any "rubbery" foods (like eggs).

Cotton balls. These cause a whole body reaction in me and make me want to vomit. Also woollen clothing makes me feel like my skin is crawling. I had forgotten how much peaches made me feel like vomiting until they were mentioned here. I’m ok with them if they are peeled though. I also don’t like make up or nail polish on my finger nails. It feels weird.

Lotion, vasoline, or anything that leaves your skin feeling slimy or oily.

Cotton balls. That weird sensation you can almost hear through your finger tips. UGH.

And then there's raw meat. I can't deal with touching raw meat.
Yes! I feel like I can hear cotton balls too. They sound like nails on a chalkboard.

I also cannot bear that 'feathery-stroker' touch....... Both myself and my aspie partner cannot abide it...!!
I have the feeling that you may have misinterpreted me here... my post was meant literally and not meant to be 'creative' :)

Octopus tentacles touching my face (especially the eyeballs) and having to handle slugs with no gloves.

wall-tentacles-300x250.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom