• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are There Online Dating Sites For People with Autism/Asperger Syndrome?

You might try using eVow. It's a site where only those seeking a relationship can be on there. I haven't used it much, but I plan on going back on the site.

Women get a lot more perverted and disrespectful attention, but not good attention. It's not just undesirable people, but dangerous and gross people. I haven't ever been on an actual dating site, but I've been on a lot of different social networking sites and guys say some really messed up, graphic things. So as far as decent attention goes, I don't think men have it harder at all.

I do think that we do have it hard because most of the autistic women that I see (nearly all of them) seem to talk a lot about there boyfriends or husbands and I do see that a lot more guys are desperate and talk a lot more about wanting to date.

Personally I haven't ever kissed a girl and I can count the amount of times that I have hugged a girl with one hand, but thats probably because I don't like change at all and I act wierd automatically if I get any attention from a girl so that there is no possibility of change.

There's also Coffee Meets Bagel, where you're matched with one person a day, and you choose whether you like them or not. If the feeling is mutual, you and your Bagel communicate via text message on a private phone line.

It's not autism specific, but sciconnect.com is a quality dating site for those with any STEM-related interests.

Lately I seem to be getting more response from Craigslist than any dating site. I have been posting ads like "seeking a woman with aspergers/autism" or a "woman with physical or mental disability on limited income". Ads like that do get replies when the right person sees them (or even a friend or relative of a potential match). And you don't have to hide anything - my ad even inspired a woman to run a similar ad and I contacted her, but she was too far away. I haven't gotten an actual date that way yet, but have had legit replies and made a few facebook friends that way. Also there are a lot of aspie groups on facebook, even a couple of them for singles. My biggest problem with the regular sites is not being able to find hardly any child-free non-smokers in my area. (I have a child-free ad running too on CL)

Curiously, I've gotten all but one of my dates from Craigslist. People think of it as the cesspool of the Internet...I wonder if that low opinion actually makes it more conducive to relationship-building than some other sites by creating a low-pressure environment.

Curiously, I've gotten all but one of my dates from Craigslist. People think of it as the cesspool of the Internet...I wonder if that low opinion actually makes it more conducive to relationship-building than some other sites by creating a low-pressure environment.
The biggest problem I have with dating sites is the good matches are never online and can't be reached. Most women set such narrow age ranges (and almost everyone wants younger, not older) that I can't message most of them. CL doesn't have those issues. It's all fresh (within the last few days) and you can message anyone. I don't even post my age in the ad title to avoid discouraging anyone from reading my post. Also people are taking it more seriously now since they imposed an anonymous messaging system a year or two ago to keep spammers from seeing your real email address when you reply. I've been talking to an older woman the past day or two now. If we meet it will be my first CL date... You do have to delete tons of spam though

There's also Coffee Meets Bagel, where you're matched with one person a day, and you choose whether you like them or not. If the feeling is mutual, you and your Bagel communicate via text message on a private phone line.
This concept is quite fascinating to me. Although I have mixed feelings about needing to use facebook to sign up.

I don't know of any sites specifically for people with AS but I can say that with a lot of work, trial, and error over the last year I've gotten good at on-line dating on a normal site, and average about 2 dates/week. If there's any interest I can post more about my experiences on here. I got a lot of tips from littleredrails.com

I will say though that for people with AS online dating can be a great opportunity to meet potential partners without drastically changing your lifestyle or superficially being "more social". It does have it pitfalls though in that you end up going on a decent number of bad dates.

ive been on the online dateing circuit tried plenty of fish in the past found some of the ladys so rude and abusive to men about photos and how they looked i was very shocked some people have said its beacuse there doing what they were allowed to do when they were younger . I will say I found it easier to chat using online than in person .smooch was a free site i use to use aswell. after two failed marriages before i knew i was autistic I dont know whether i would mention that i am.My philopshy woud be find some one who shares a interest try doing that interest as a friend and see what develops naturally these dateing site very expensive and there are poeple using them to abuse people for what they can get out of them .I was outside a coop in clanfield area of Hampshire one day and two ladys were openly speaking in the carpark about there dateing on plenty of fish one said to the other well ive stated to them i will only come out for dinner date she then said i dont need to shop this week ive got 7 different dinner dates set up i wont see them again after it just out for free dinner the other said i am doing the same .now this really disgusted me is this how we were brought up to treat one another.

There's a few, all of which are freely available on Google, but I'd personally avoid online dating like the Plague, too many fakers who aren't who they say they are.

Like that girl from Texas who tried to con me out of an Itunes gift card on Hangouts last week.

One that is Autism/Asperger specific is Spectrum Singles.

I don't know how good it is as I haven't created an account, so I don't know if it's still pretty small or well established now. You'll have to check it out for yourself.

https://www.spectrumsingles.com/

In regards to what I said here a couple of years ago, it's best you don't use this website now; there's a warning not to use it as I've noticed a meetup page with a person warning that Spectrum Singles takes advantage of autistic people for money.
The page is here: *WARNING* Never Use SPECTRUM SINGLES for Dating - LA County HFA/Asperger's Adults Meet-Up group (Los Angeles, CA) | Meetup

Not necessarily. You're comparing apples to oranges.
Before Craigslist started monitoring the type of ads that could be listed on their website, you had tons of cases out there of mostly females being raped and stories of (many times illegal) whoring services being escalated. You even have a Lifetime movie on the Craigslist killer based on sexual/romantic advertisements.
The Craigslist Killer (TV Movie 2011) - IMDb

Sure, the media probably hyped up the dangers, but when they did happen, they stuck out more to our society as a whole.

On Facebook, you can search for "special needs singles in" (major city) and find a group possibly.

SpectrumSingles.com is another website which seems inactive, but you can try it.

Otherwise, best bet is to join social and/or informational groups with autism themes as your best choices if available and feasible for you to get to.
www.meetup.com, looking for a group on there is always worth a try too.

New Threads

Top Bottom