• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensitive Topic Are Aspies prone to be emotionally abused?

When saying women do not like "nice guys" it depends on what you mean by nice. Nice is a worthless word.

Women do not like desperate men who ingratiate themselves, fawn shamelessly, anticipate all her whims, and make it clear they are grateful to receive the faintest expression of romantic interest from her. You will lose if you make yourself helpless, powerless, lacking all spirit, putting yourself completely at her mercy as your master and boss.

I do not like women who give me all the power in a relationship.

Women do like being treated well. They appreciate men who do thoughtful things and act kindly if they perceive the man as an equal. Some women want the man to take charge and be dominant. Very few women want submissive men.

Neither men nor women like people-pleasers.

Maybe your right but i have known a girl who I was friends with and she seemed to prefer weak type men. I went to parties with her and she would be shown attention by rougher types but always preferred thin men, who were vulnerable in some way. She was quite a bossy person but didn't even realize it. Also another friend of mine male is sexually attracted to domineering types of women, ( in fact these two got it on together for 2 nights) but paridoxically he was bossy himself in real life and no pushover.

Maybe your right but i have known a girl who I was friends with and she seemed to prefer weak type men. I went to parties with her and she would be shown attention by rougher types but always preferred thin men, who were vulnerable in some way. She was quite a bossy person but didn't even realize it. Also another friend of mine male is sexually attracted to domineering types of women, ( in fact these two got it on together for 2 nights) but paridoxically he was bossy himself in real life and no pushover.

My point was very few women like submissive men but I concede there are some women who do.

I have unique experience in this since I was a popular bad boy in high school and to the pleasant
surprise of those women who got to know me a gentlemen at heart also. I also deeply dislike women
who give me all the power. I want a strong partner (true equal) who may let me lead in some areas
but certainly not all. I need her to a pillar of strength for me just as much I would be to her.
I have been emotionally abused mostly in my younger years but now I choose to remain a bit vulnerable
to keep my heart open but by no means ignorant!

I'm so glad I've found this place. I'm in a situation and I believe it's abuse at the hands of a highly charismatic narcissist. We've known each other for 3 years. In fact, met him the day I moved to a new city. It was like we were immediately inseparable. Disclosure, we are both African American gay males that have never fooled around or anything.

So anyways, he always insisted I hang out with him even though I was trying to make other friends. He brought me things, took me places. He had a partner at the time and kind of forced us to spend a lot of time together. in my mind, it felt like someone was making me a part of their social family since I have none here. As time grew by, he became increasingly more demanding. He also would say/do things to other people that I felt was kind of deplorable and outright manipulative to get things out of them. I figured he'd never do this to me since he treated me like such a great friend. down the line, I disclosed to him that I was an aspie to which he told me he already knew because his sister is a psychologist and recognized it right away apparently.

3 years later, he brought a house and I moved in with him. Things are ok until there's something going on at the house that I don't like in which case he tells me it's his house. But that's not frequent. And he still makes me laugh and stuff and still treats me like a brother. But I just always feel like something is going on because even when he does stuff that I know is wrong and I bring it up...I almost always end up apologizing to him for being mad at him. we "hug it out" as he puts it.

New Threads

Top Bottom