• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any one else hate it when someone says "don't worry you'll make new friends"

Threads like this one reinforce to me it was never about being a bad person, or an unlikeable person, it was always that I'm autistic and that's a thing we (here) have in common. I manage to have 2 or 3 friends at most at any one time, and I have to really work at finding the time to call them or the willingness to answer the phone when they call me. Even though its almost always a good experience talking to them. I am always doing something else, or feeling too busy, or too content relaxing when I 'm not too busy.
I do think its worth the effort to keep the few friends I have, but still a bit of a chore. Since recognizing I am on the autism spectrum I no longer compare myself to others who make friends everywhere and easily. That would be like a cat wishing it could bark like a dog. Though I dont know if the dog understands why the cat can't bark. So easy for dogs! Its a metaphor that works for this thread, I think.

New Threads

Top Bottom