• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Another post about religion/faith beliefs

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
If you believe in a God you would want Him to show you compassion during struggles and understand your pain and struggles and provide answers.
If you have disabilities you would not want a God to make you feel less because of it.
Or someone who would make you suffer for a long time and deny your truths and take the dreams he let you believe for so long.
And take everything you love that makes your heart happy amd victimize you on something unfair that is hard for an unwell autistic woman
You would not want a God that makes you worry all the time because His only answer is to suck it up and be stoic and when you are not that it makes ur life fall to pieces.
You would not want a God who cannot see your heart crying for love so.you take the easiest route because the other you are not ready for and
Has no answers except you have to feel a certain way otherwise penalised or everything will be wrecked forever and your life and dreams destroyed because God cannot fix things and make them restored and heal everything
It was not my fault I was lonely and do not deserve to pay, God can obviously prevent bad decisions too and protect me as an autistic. If He did then He could find another way
I want to always be myself and not told I have to fit a box to be a Christian.
That can make u easily more fearful for me anyway
If I am not invited in Christianity why do I try to have a relationship with God.
This has been so difficult for me to go against the grain but I know you should not be made to feel less for feelings, behaviors, beliefs, ideals, differences or personality traits.
One box does not fit all.
I think a loving God should love you no matter who you are as well as understand your pain and struggles.
And be faithful to His promises even if you do fail to trust it all.

I know, right? It would be great if God felt obliged to act the way we want him to do, to run the world according to standards of which we can inform him. I find it inconceivable that God’s ways are inconceivable; he must be trying to exist according to our needs and desires, yet things are so messed up.

If you believe in a God you would want Him to show you compassion during struggles and understand your pain and struggles and provide answers.
If you have disabilities you would not want a God to make you feel less because of it.
Or someone who would make you suffer for a long time and deny your truths and take the dreams he let you believe for so long.
And take everything you love that makes your heart happy amd victimize you on something unfair that is hard for an unwell autistic woman
You would not want a God that makes you worry all the time because His only answer is to suck it up and be stoic and when you are not that it makes ur life fall to pieces.
You would not want a God who cannot see your heart crying for love so.you take the easiest route because the other you are not ready for and
Has no answers except you have to feel a certain way otherwise penalised or everything will be wrecked forever and your life and dreams destroyed because God cannot fix things and make them restored and heal everything
It was not my fault I was lonely and do not deserve to pay, God can obviously prevent bad decisions too and protect me as an autistic. If He did then He could find another way
If I am not invited in Christianity why do I try to have a relationship with God.
This has been so difficult for me to go against the grain but I know you should not be made to feel less for feelings, behaviors, beliefs, ideals, differences or personality traits.
I think a loving God should love you no matter who you are as well as understand your pain and struggles.
My autism conflicts with having the ability to believe in god---any god, for that matter, though I like learning about mythology. I won't look down on those who have faith, though, as we are all free to believe and trust in whatever consoles us. Whatever floats one's boat.

Hi, is bad propaganda that God is somehow evil, or inflicts pains in people willingly.
As christians we can suffer a lot, but if we indeed have God in our lives, i mean we received his Spirit, we need to accept Jesus in our lives as Lord to do that, and that we made a compromise to follow Him, we have always backup, and protection, and he promised to not test us beyond our strength. Nothing can give you more satisfaction than experiencing something from God, just a little touch in your soul from Him is worth more than millions of dollars, or fame etc.

I have studied a lot in my life, read many book and studied the basics of many religions. Searching for God but never finding God in any organized religion. Some truths but they never had any of the answers I needed to believe in something, even though I wanted to.
It is hard to believe in something that you really don't know anything about.
In the bible it says: Ask and you shall receive, never doubting lest you get nothing.
Your mind is a powerful tool, you can accept things or dismiss them, you can believe something or wonder about things, you can tell yourself you are in great pain or believe that you are not! You can work to help mankind or just want nothing more than to help yourself.
In the gnostic scriptures it says when you know YOURSELF, then you will be known and understand that you are a child of the living god.
God lives within each one of us I believe. He isn't a man in the sky looking down and saying I will help that person or I am not going to help that person. We are all connected to his energy because he is energy. The brain works on electrical impulses. Our connection to God. God gave us free will, it wouldn't be right for him to give us free will and then steer us in any certain direction. or punish us for going the wrong direction. We punish ourselves. IT would be like telling your child, I am leaving this up to you, this counter is full of every kind of candy and you may choose what ever you like, then when they do you say you picked the wrong one...now I am going to punish you, or tell them that you can choose but I will direct you which to take.
I used to pray for things, but never seemed like it worked. I know in my mind I would be thinking please let it work, I hope this works, I hope I get what I need. Now I never wonder, when I know I want something I ask and then I know I will get it, I don't doubt and I don't wonder, I just know. I don't always have that faith that I will get something and it waivers but I have to say with a change in my thoughts the process does work.

I often question the existence of God. It doesn’t seem to make much sense to me that an all knowing and loving higher power would continuously let me suffer while seemingly reward the kids that bullied me and never seem to give them the punishment that they deserve.

Ingenious! You are a Bible scholar, @Captain Jigglypuff , and have slyly paraphrased the ruminations of the prophet Jeremiah. For those unfamiliar:
Jeremiah 12:1-3:
Righteous are you, o Lord, when I complain to you; yet I would plead my case before you. Why does the way of the wicked prosper? Why do all who are treacherous thrive? You plant them and they take root; they grow and produce fruit. You are near in their mouths but far from their heart. But you, o Lord, know me; you see me, and test my heart towards you.

You’ve reminded us that even the most faithful humans have trouble understanding God’s ways, and that ultimately we have to trust that God will right the wrongs. Many thanks.

I grew up in a very judgemental Christian background where it it wasn't ok to ask questions or disagree. Religion is one of my passions, especially culturally and how it tends to get planted by the environment. These days I'm into mysticism, whole idea of "union" with God or God as pure love. I'm alot more drawn to Buddhism now. To me it's all about mystery, wonder .and being a good person

To date, I've read three Bible versions (that alone puts me off - there should be just one?), the Torah, Talmud, Book of Zoroaster, Four Noble Truths, Egyptian and Tibetan Book of the Dead and I try to keep up with revised translations of the Dead Sea Scrolls. They all tell the same stories. They parallel each other immensely. They have practically the same contradictions in them, as well. They all truly come across as fairy tale parables, recounting history and yet, certainly examples of "history as written by the victors."

If I had to say what and why a single, core reasoning is that makes me want nothing to do with any of these religions, it's the dangers they possess, allow and are staunchly defended, enabling people to do heinous things and think they are absolutely doing their god's will. Watch the world news this very minute, if you think I'm off base.

I do not believe in god in the general christian way. But whenever people bring up the 'wrong' god does I ask them the following.
How many times, when you were a child, did you not agree with what your parents did for or to you? How many times were you angry at them for making choices you did not agree with.
And now, many years later and all grown up. How many of those choices and things do you understand now. And would you do the same as your parents. For most people the answer is quite a lot. Your brain was simply not on the same level as that of your parents.

Now image comparing your understanding of everything to something or someone that is capable of concieving EVERYTHING you see and feel around you. How huge of a gap is there between you and this thing or person?
I can at the very least tell you it is far more then the difference between that younger you and your parents.

[revised for clarity]

If we are ALL said god's children, this makes no sense...because we're all being influenced and steered differently, and therefore it creates exponentially different outcomes and circumstances. Why do that?

What's the point in having any greater amount of intelligence than us, if you can't simply make baseline common sense right here in the blips of time that we really, only need it..?

[revised for clarity]

If we are ALL said god's children, this makes no sense...because we're all being influenced and steered differently, and therefore it creates exponentially different outcomes and circumstances. Why do that?

What's the point in having any greater amount of intelligence than us, if you can't simply make baseline common sense right here in the blips of time that we really, only need it..?
But that is my point. Maybe there is a very logical, and technically simple, explanation for it. We simply lack the capabilities of understanding it. And we do not know if we only need it here. If every basic idea about god and heaven is right. This is just a miniscule part of what is to come.
It is a downer, and again. I`m not christian. But from the basics of who god is according to christianity. There is simply no way we can ever hope to understand why he/she/it does the way it is done.

You can't find what you already have.
God whispers, but maybe you search for other signs and doesn't hear him right now.
You think he can solve your problems, not seeing that you are given strength.

How should I put it?
My mom always said: god is inside you. Don't ask him to make you strong. Ask him to help you see and accept your strength.

Some call everything god's plan or something like that. Justifying things going on in the world.
An explanation why those horrible things happen.
But to be honest...I pity that view.
Instead of them realizing how hurtful those words can be, they spit it around like venom.

Its helps me more to see things as they are.
-Do something if you can, and when not, endure it.-
its like the question "what is the meaning of life".
I searched for that answer in a very young age. And I came up with an personal answer.
It doesn't need to sit well with others, so you all don't bother trying to discuss that matter with me. (I dont caaaaare.)
My answer is "I decide what it means"
-life becomes meaning, as soon as I give it meaning.-

If this horrible things happen to you, or others, then you can watch and sit there do nothing.
Or you give meaning to it.
You learn from it, or stand up and do something.
It doesn't need to be something big.
but give it meaning.

I rather give something terrible a meaning. Than being unhappy with something I can't understand.
(I hope that doesn't sound like an attack.
I try to warm hearts up.)

If it has no meaning or value, then make it into one. So it wasn't for nothing.
That this suffer, that pain, wasn't a waste.

the ones who realize they can do something thrive. and the ones who wait get desperate.

this is not about right or wrong. Or evil and good.

In my opinion.
God doesn't solve problems. He's beside you, never leaving you alone. Catching you.
If you can't hear, feel or believe in Him, then He doesn't exist. But if you reach out to listen. Not for something you think he should do or say, just listening to the world, maybe you start to feel him, the way he is.
(Even if it's just in your head.)(Never underestimate belief or emotions.)

What I call 'God' isn't what we humans made him to be.
but if people want to see Him this way, fine, do it. Nobody is gonna stop you.
Why shouldn't there be many forms of God.
An entity that's basically exists as much as it doesn't. That entity can be whatever you want.
You're the one who believes in it....or not believe in. It's still somekind of picture or understanding how you view God.)

In the end, it depends on oneself, what do you decide to belief.

does he exist and betray you?
Doesn't he exist because he doesnt care enough, and god shouldnt do that?
Does he exist and wispers beside you?
Etc...
What do you want from him?
Being there? Or to punch others in the face?

Maybe he is actively trying to protect you, reaching out, but you couldn't see the goodness that got send to you.

I don't know.
I believe he loves, because I just want to belief that.
I don't want to beg him to do stuff for me, at least not really for myself. who am I to demand anything in the first place. I'm a tiny little big mouthed human. And annoying.
He's busy helping others.
He's there when I feel lonely. That's pretty good.
Sometimes I'm too selfabsorbed. Too angry. Too mad. Too sad. Too hurt.
I forget.
And then sometimes, I remember.
The being that can be whatever one wants to be.
And He has many many beautiful possible shapes.

....ever looked at the cold endless universe and not thought how divine it looks?
You never walked around and saw the sunlight and just loved the electromagnetic waves?
How everything is so...magnificent. so godly. So touching.

However someone imagine God. Or how some don't believe in God. Or gods.
In the end it doesn't really matter.
Because everyone can see and view the world how they want.

And if you (@lovely_darlingprettybaby) lose your faith... I feel like you could end up hating the world even more.

Hate God if you need to do that right now. Blame Him.
He can wait as long as you need this distance. To recover. To heal. Don't rush.
You can decide that He never existed if it helps you to look forward.

Don't think that you are obligated to some ideas of others. Whats inside your mind and body, is important.

No matter if God exists or not.

Its schrödigers cat...or rather...a quantum.
Why shouldn't he exist, while not existing?

If you dont like what some stoic christians say or beliefe, than dont listen to them.

Make your own beliefe. Or non-beliefe.

You can always come back. If you regret your decision.
(I dont mean that you will regret it. Just saying, there is no right or wrong way. There is no "too late". Dont feel any shame whatever you decide, or even if you dont decide. Every way is the right way.)
(Im not a very religious person. Even if it sounds like i am. I belief in god. <but its somehow quit different then average.>
my belief is pretty....shapeshifting ....what I believe in is extremely hard to explain. I belief in god. But my depiction...is...older...very very old....)
(And i also decided long ago, even if a god exists like so many belief in, if he demand things i don't agree on, i wouldn't accept him as a 'god', nor as anything else.
In my view, is nothing a god that thinks that something deserves more "love" than sonething else. ....I don't give a damn if i get thrown into the "hellfire" or whatever. I only respect what deserves my respect. And someone that thinks it has the right to say which lifeform is better then another, can't be "my god". In my eyes.
I'm very sorry if I touched any sensitive spots.
Or if I angered someone.
Others can believe what they want. As long as they don't harm anyone i don't care what they do or believe.
but when they come and hurt others feeling and oppressing them with dumb ideas, I'm not gonna accept that!
"their" god should never hurt you. Not physically! not emotional!....I totally lost my focus ...what was I ..ehh...)

What I try to say is:
It's okay to feel lost.
To feel betrayed and alone.

Do your life in your pace. And don't let others decide for you.
You're not alone.
Or at least not all the time.

@Tyer
How should i put it?
My mom always said: god is inside you. Dont ask him to make you strong. Ask him to help you see and accept your strength.

That is a very good point. And it actually reminds me of the movie Evan Almighty. In which 'God' tries to explain to the mom of the family. If you ask God to bring your family together. Will he simply bring your family together. Or does he create an opportunity for the family to bring itself together.
Not exactly quoted, but it comes down to that.
Pretty fun movie, might watch it later.

@Tyer
How should i put it?
My mom always said: god is inside you. Dont ask him to make you strong. Ask him to help you see and accept your strength.

That is a very good point. And it actually reminds me of the movie Evan Almighty. In which 'God' tries to explain to the mom of the family. If you ask God to bring your family together. Will he simply bring your family together. Or does he create an opportunity for the family to bring itself together.
Thats exactly one of the things I belief in.
Thank you ^^

Even though I had a religious upbringing, my significant doubt started when I realized I was different from others yet the deity who created me that way provided me with no way to mitigate my isolation. Then I discovered ethics and the writings of Bertrand Russell. I did not look back and am happy without religion because I recognize this is the only life I have and must make the most of the time I have to be kind towards others as we, with the improbable life we have, will make payment with our death.

(added) I can never forgive any deity that made me with the social deficits that caused me so much pain.

Last edited:
I like a faithless life more now because then I can be myself.
And not be chained to any specific ways of thinking.
I do not believe God brings evil in our lives but I believe good and bad will always exist in life.
I want to only worship a God that let's me be myself and exist the way I want to exist and live the way I like.
I thought God would always love me and want me to be myself and give the world the best of me.
I know bad can happen especially when following faith because I have experienced it myself and it is ok to suffer at times but hard to heal from.
And you should be given grace to heal because not a lot of people can unde extreme illness and pain unless they have experienced it.
I do not believe in prejudices against others or human rights violations but I know they happen and has happened to me too where people who were supposed to care did not do a good job and abused me.
I believe people who abuse others in positions of care or power deserve to be punished unless they had reasons or it was a mistake.
But just flat out abuse when in medical or mental care should be dealt with justice.
People get away with extreme things and crimes too long and that is what is hard to accept.
Like the Syrian president, he had inflicted war on those people a long time and I know these countries are often lawless but he should face jail but they probably protect him, his evil team behind him and because he is president. But I guess ultimately that is only the will of God but it is hard to understand how people get away with it for a long time.

I have my own issues where I innocently go on Facebook to make some friends and it turns into a toxic pit of evil and I am also vulnerable and easily influenced that is why I do not do it anymore.

I just want to be loved...
But I struggle when I cannot see outcomes.

I grew up in a very judgemental Christian background where it it wasn't ok to ask questions or disagree. Religion is one of my passions, especially culturally and how it tends to get planted by the environment. These days I'm into mysticism, whole idea of "union" with God or God as pure love. I'm alot more drawn to Buddhism now. To me it's all about mystery, wonder .and being a good person

I think God should always treat you with love and compassion because He is God even through sufferings and disagreement with your struggles.
Yes He can do things His way but even if He is not acting according to how you would like, He should still love you and care even if you feel He does not.

Who was it again who said, "those who don't punish evil, allow them to keep going" or something like that. <it's probably wrong>
I cant remember, I just remembered and think loud. ......I really can't remember.
Was it einstein? ...or someone else... i'm to lazy to look it up right now...

(Just thinking loud. It's not related to the things you guys talk.)

But that brings me to another thought.
Do you guys believe there is a personificated evil, or is doing 'evil' a desicion?

When its a personification, than how does it look like?

And if you believe its a desicion, can someone who did a lot of evil, turn to decide doing 'good' without people thinking he fakes it?
What should such a human do, so he seems genuine?

(Its about opinions, so please don' start fighting.)

@Tyer
How should i put it?

That's actually a very interesting perspective to consider. Hmm. I'll think about this for a while.

New Threads

Top Bottom