• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Amazon Marketplace problems

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Bought a couple of items from Amazon Marketplace sellers over the last couple of months and had no end of problems.

I bought an Xbox One TV Tuner, it arrived, plugged it in, and it didn't work! I contacted the seller, and they never got back to me except for an automated email acknowledging my contact.

Also, about 2 weeks ago I ordered yet another Scratch programming book, it was supposed to have come by last Tuesday, and still hasn't arrived to date! Anyway I've just had an email from the seller saying if it hasn't come by now, it's obviously gone missing in the post and they've given me a full refund of, £7.68 I think it was.

Has anyone else had these problems? Buying from Amazon direct has been no problem, apart from the slow postal service in this area meaning the 1 day deliveries from Amazon Prime don't always work, but more often than not they do.

You're purchasing something at the worst possible peak season point in time for the entire year. For both the retailer and Amazon- and the postal service as well. Be patient. Watch for email notices that let you know the postal status of the items in question. If they're mailed at media rates (books) they may take much longer as well.

If it were at any other point in time I'd say you may have a problem. But right now...you just may have to wait. In my country there's a point in time in December where the postal service makes no guarantees of much of anything arriving in time for Christmas....

I figure I was extremely lucky ordering two DVDs last week and getting them on time, let alone coming from two different retail sources. I'll be sweating it out at the post office this morning doing just that- mailing a book as a Christmas gift. "Those who are about to die, salute you!" (Hope the line isn't too long.) :eek:

Last edited:
You're purchasing something at the worst possible peak season point in time for the entire year. For both the retailer and Amazon- and the postal service as well. Be patient. Watch for email notices that let you know the postal status of the items in question. If they're mailed at media rates (books) they may take much longer as well.

If it were at any other point in time I'd say you may have a problem. But right now...you just may have to wait. In my country there's a point in time in December where the postal service makes no guarantees of much of anything arriving in time for Christmas....

I figure I was extremely lucky ordering two DVDs last week and getting them on time, let alone coming from two different retail sources. I'll be sweating it out at the post office this morning doing just that- mailing a book as a Christmas gift. "Those who are about to die, salute you!" (Hope the line isn't too long.) :eek:
Yes I was amazed I booked a delivery for groceries ,the 23rd and 24th of December were completely gone !thankfully I looked today or the 22 December would've been gone as well.
As I said various times I do not hear the Nuclear warning siren going off two days before 25 December ,so I don't shop for the nuclear war, I strangely think the shops will be open the next day and I haven't got the energy to assault somebody for a turkey or the inclination.
If I could have a high cholesterol diet I would never go to the supermarket again

I'm just wondering how much time has to pass before things get back to normal delivery estimates. :eek:

I wish some of you would actually READ the OP (if you can), I did not purchase direct from Amazon for these 2 particular items, they were from Amazon Marketplace sellers, third party sellers using Amazon to sell their stuff.

Amazon is still the primary conduit for doing business with other retailers under their marketing "umbrella". Where much of anything that can impact Amazon on the front end can potentially drag down a transaction involving other retailers or resellers.

Same dynamic as Newegg.com. Where it pays to read all the fine print relative to the third-party retailer. Where some come highly rated by customers, and others, not so much. But even Newegg on occasion can screw up.

Then take it all and factor in peak season considerations. Makes me wonder what the real number of botched orders may be for this 30 day period of time. o_O

Generally IMO these operations are all "good". Just not perfect. ;)

Amazon is still the primary conduit for doing business with other retailers under their marketing "umbrella". Where much of anything that can impact Amazon on the front end can potentially drag down a transaction involving other retailers or resellers.

Same dynamic as Newegg.com. Where it pays to read all the fine print relative to the third-party retailer. Where some come highly rated by customers, and others, not so much. But even Newegg on occasion can screw up.
It's not just Amazon !any retailer probably about anywhere in the world !retailers are just not organised in December !it's the same every year and they never seem to learn.

It's not just Amazon !any retailer probably about anywhere in the world !retailers are just not organised in December !it's the same every year and they never seem to learn.

Yes, that's why I mentioned the other third-party retailers within Amazon's marketing umbrella as well as those outside it with Newegg.com as an example.

Most everyone in retail and wholesale are exposed to the inherent logistical nightmare of Christmas. Unavoidable. Leaving some faring better than others but probably not in any consistent manner.

Simple reality: Online sales make it just a bit too convenient for too many customers at the same time in one particular month. Where demand can so easily exceed both supply and the manpower to make it all happen.

And when- and where there is no margin for error... :eek:

Last edited:
As for purchasing at the worst possible time, my Dad ordered an Amazon Echo, my Christmas gift, on the 25th of November, and it arrived 2 days later to their House to be put away till 3 weeks as yesterday.

As for purchasing at the worst possible time, my Dad ordered an Amazon Echo, my Christmas gift, on the 25th of November, and it arrived 2 days later to their House to be put away till 3 weeks as yesterday.

LOL..I have you beat. My two items for two vendors came only a few days ago. But again, it may ultimately amount to only luck. And the item in question relative to so many variables, let alone issues with individual vendors and how packages are handled.

To expect or demand anything and everything to come in a timely manner at a peak season period simply isn't realistic. Especially when and where demand exceeds supply.

Unless of course your bank account and/or debit card accounts have been compromised. Where just about any retailer is going to give your fits- and delays and potentially decline you as a customer. Let's hope that's not the case.

Last edited:
Interesting to hear on network news last night that UPS is publicly admitting to a backlog based on an unprecedented amount of seasonal online sales transactions. I guess this is only going to get worse with the decrease of "brick and mortar" sales.

That Scratch book that was cancelled and refunded by the seller actually turned up last week, bu rights I should send it back, but it's a pain at the best of times especially at this time of year.

New Threads

Top Bottom