• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A-Z Places

Yeronga Memorial Park, Brisbane, Australia

IMG_4354.jpeg

IMG_4355.jpeg

Sorry to keep you waiting, I had to go and take the picture.
You can’t see it, but it’s 35C (95F), 80% av. RH and dewpoint 23C, i.e. maybe getting to be a little uncomfortable - it feels like 41C (105.8F) Shade is good.

is it humid?
Yes, 80%. That’s what makes the apparent temperature (the “feels like”) so much higher. We get apparent temperature quoted in weather forecasts here, as it contributes to the risk of heat stress. Dewpoint is another useful measure - the temperature the air needs to fall to for moisture to condense. Most people from temperate climates find a dewpoint of 21C oppressive and “tropical”. Here we don’t like it when it gets to 24C. During the hot, humid weather the past week, the temperature was commonly 29C (84F) when I was going to bed, around midnight, so no respite. It’s not humid just now because it’s raining. ;)

Feuchtwangen, Germany

IMG_0757.jpeg

Interestingly, near the local school there’s a speed advisory sign on the road for armoured vehicles… The sign half out of frame to the right is advising “Slow down: school!”
IMG_0751.jpeg

Juarez, Mexico.

1711614356735.png

It is always quite a shock, looking over at Juarez from beautiful, genteel El Paso, Texas. The sprawl, the crowds, the poverty.

New Threads

Top Bottom