• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A Thanksgiving Tale of HORROR!!

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
Here is a little Thanksgiving story I tell my daughter every year.

"We all know about Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, and The Easter Bunny, right? Well, there's another guy you need to be aware of. His name is Turkey Tom. He's the dread Krampus of Thanksgiving.

Hear ye the legend of Turkey Tom! He is a six foot tall turkey, with almost no brain at all. Just a big nutcase. If you haven't been good all year, Turkey Tom sneaks down the chimney on the night before Thanksgiving, and he lays eggs everywhere, making a big mess in front of the fireplace!

And if that's not bad enough, he follows the Easter Bunny around too! So if you're good, you'll get eggs and candy on Easter, but if you've been naughty, Turkey Tom plops his fat, dumb feathers down the chimney and lays eggs all over the place. It's a big hassle. You don't want to deal with it."

This story makes my daughter laugh every year, and it's turned her into a bit of a prankster. In fact, just this past Easter, I woke up to find eggs lying all over the floor in front of the fireplace. We both howled with laughter. But I guess we were both good since then, because there were no eggs at all on the floor on Thanksgiving.

Does anyone else have funny stories that you tell your kids to make them behave, or just make them laugh for the holidays? Are there any folktales passed down in your family?

If other people post some, I'll post mine too.

Last edited:
There once was a hunter out in the woods, looking for his Thanksgiving dinner. He is stumbling around with his rifle, finding nothing, until he hears the voice of a small child coming from a nearby cave.

“Help me, I am Tom and I am trapped beneath rocks in this cave!”

The hunter enters the cave to investigate, and he never comes out of the cave.

That night, Tom Turkey and his family of fellow fowl are eating dinner, when the wife says, “The meat is very tasty, but why are all the hunting boots piling up?”

This thread gave me a vision of a turkey about to be guillotined in France.

With a literary caption, "A Tale of Two Turkeys!" :p

Only the time the Turkey wasn't prepared properly and we all became direly ill.

;)

Being from the edge of PA Dutch Country, there’s always Belsnickel, aka the anti-Santa Claus (although, while I was growing up in Southern York county, PA, Belsnickel was associated with Hallowe’en.)

New Threads

Top Bottom