• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A great night out...

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
I complain, sometimes too much... :rolleyes:

But one tradition returned tonight, a thing called One Big Jam, it's a giant semi-curated jam night, I've been attending and photographing it for several years, it's always slightly mass chaos, with lots of various performances... Depending on the venue it can be rather crowded, thank goodness for a vaccine passport to allow it (as much as I have some issues with the concept)

296 photos later, all in very low light, a rather poor success ratio given the lighting, but some good results, and yes a great evening out :) Three quick edits I did after coming home...

One Big Jam 01.jpg

One Big Jam 02.jpg

One Big Jam 03.jpg

Good for you, for getting out there and enjoying what you do. I loved the top photo, can you figure out how to get a copy to the subject? Maybe post it to the event Facebook page?

Good for you, for getting out there and enjoying what you do. I loved the top photo, can you figure out how to get a copy to the subject? Maybe post it to the event Facebook page?

I know the organizer of the event (the jam), I'm sort of an official photographer for this event over the years and always on the guest list... And I do enjoy the dynamic of an event like this, feeding off the energy, mostly as an observer really... Some of the music isn't my favourite music, but the energy is incredible!

Last edited:
Curious.. Was the girl in the second photo intentionally holding her phone with only her middle finger?...

I like the third picture the best. She looks like she's so very happy, full of energy, and having fun. :D

Curious.. Was the girl in the second photo intentionally holding her phone with only her middle finger?...

I like the third picture the best. She looks like she's so very happy, full of energy, and having fun. :D

:rolleyes: I thought of that as well... I'm certain it's not intentional based on the communication I had with her

:rolleyes: I thought of that as well... I'm certain it's not intentional based on the communication I had with her

It seems like it would be a really awkward way to try and hold your phone otherwise. I tried it myself (holding a glass and my phone), and it didn't feel like a secure enough way to hold my phone without having at least middle and ring finger on it. Which might also explain why she's also supporting it with her other hand.
Bratty girl I'd guess. :rolleyes:

Oh, I think I read that wrong. You are saying you are sure it wasn't intentional? As in, she wasn't trying to be bratty?

@Varzar
How are your skills at reading body language? The last two pictures could make for an interesting discussion.

I always try to practice.
Photos are definitely harder than with the context of motion and/or speech.
Always happy to discuss. Psychology is a special interest area for me, and reading body language and such falls into that. :)

Busy now editing photos from Remembrance Day, have to get them done today!

This has nothing to do with a concert... :rolleyes:

Remembrance 01.jpg

I always try to practice.
Photos are definitely harder than with the context of motion and/or speech.
Always happy to discuss. Psychology is a special interest area for me, and reading body language and such falls into that. :)

Doing 15 years of street photography has taught me at least a little about body language, but I'm not perfect... When I was being tested for Autism last year I apparently failed that portion of the testing, which surprised because of my photography background...

Doing 15 years of street photography has taught me at least a little about body language, but I'm not perfect... When I was being tested for Autism last year I apparently failed that portion of the testing, which surprised because of my photography background...

Yeah, I'd be hesitant to say I'm "good" at it, despite practising for most of my life to be better at it. lol
I get a lot of stuff right, but I also miss very obvious things sometimes. lol

New Threads

Top Bottom