• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A friend in the hospital (bi-polar)

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
A friend of mine who is bi-polar/psychosis recently had a relapse and is in the mental health ward

I can't imagine what she is going through, my Autism is also very non-emotional

A text tonight to her by myself - saying that people care for her, she has lots of people in her life

And I know it's not enough, and I know she is discouraged right now

I don't know what to say, not really... And with the cost of parking at the hospital, plus my time, I plan to visit once a week

I care for her as a friend, just once again don't really know what to say, I do have one friend I can connect with here who has been the same thing with one of her friends, which is good

My new partner has bipolar. I still have a lot to learn.

I wish you and your friend all the best. It can't be easy

Ed

My dad had bipolar. We all wanted desperately to support him, but he drove us all away -- one time at gunpoint.

It's is agonizing to want to help someone like that and to know there is little you can do.

Please keep texting your friend, and maybe visit her (if that's permitted). She is likely hurting and needs your love.

My dad had bipolar. We all wanted desperately to support him, but he drove us all away -- one time at gunpoint.

It's is agonizing to want to help someone like that and to know there is little you can do.

Please keep texting your friend, and maybe visit her (if that's permitted). She is likely hurting and needs your love.

Visits are allowed, and other people are visiting as well, so it's not just on me, thank goodness...

And maybe not know all the answers, that's what my other friend told me as well, I do wish I could do more/say more

I have a dear friend who has treatment resistant depression and has been hospitalized off and on in the past. It helps just to text that you're thinking of her, miss her, tell her to call you if she wants to talk, etc. Just let her know that you're there, ready to help if she needs you.

How does someone text from a psych ward? Is it different in other places in the world or what?

How does someone text from a psych ward? Is it different in other places in the world or what?

She has some use of her cell phone, so it must be allowed here in Alberta, I suspect it might be only for limited times of the day, I don't know our system well enough to answer beyond that

Having just gone through a really tough time myself, I can say that just getting a text and knowing someone was thinking of me meant a lot. It's not what you say so much as that you do say something.
Here are some actual texts got:
"So sorry to hear, hang in there"
"Hi. How's it going. Hope you are doing ok"
"Thinking of you."
"Hugs"

Also, people who didn't have words, said little but sent me photos of things they knew I liked, such as flowers and mushrooms.

Having just gone through a really tough time myself, I can say that just getting a text and knowing someone was thinking of me meant a lot. It's not what you say so much as that you do say something.
Here are some actual texts got:
"So sorry to hear, hang in there"
"Hi. How's it going. Hope you are doing ok"
"Thinking of you."
"Hugs"

Also, people who didn't have words, said little but sent me photos of things they knew I liked, such as flowers and mushrooms.

You mean, not photos of winter days and industrial scenes :p Unfortunately I don't have photos of flowers or mushrooms :cool:

Thanks for the advice, she does like my street photography though

You mean, not photos of winter days and industrial scenes :p Unfortunately I don't have photos of flowers or mushrooms :cool:

Thanks for the advice, she does like my street photography though
That was my point. I guess I wasn't specific enough.

People send me photos of flowers and mushrooms because that is what I like.

You would send to your friend whatever she likes, or just what you are good at.

That was my point. I guess I wasn't specific enough.

People send me photos of flowers and mushrooms because that is what I like.

You would send to your friend whatever she likes, or just what you are good at.

I've got it, just having a little fun :laughing: , I do take rather depressing/moody photos sometimes, but some nice photos too sometimes

New Threads

Top Bottom