• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

watersprite

lost
V.I.P Member
Speaker: Dr. Sethanne Howard, Washington Academy of Sciences presented a live lecture on the 2nd of November2021.

Link to recorded lecture.

“…Female creativity and
genius fill our technical past, yet their fundamental
contributions can be missing from our textbooks and data.
The stories of these women not only provide role models for
future scientists, but also they also strengthen and broaden
our ability to deal with the present. Dr. Howard will cover
the exciting and enchanting history of women in science and
technology - where we have been, where we are, and where we are going.”

For all sorts of information on Hubble and James Webb Telescopes, go here.

To go directly to the list of lectures: here.

science.gif

I think women have been at the forefront of science a lot longer then 4000 years.

They invented things like Uber...

Caveman+Brain.jpg

And anesthesia!
giphy (3).gif

;)

A couple of my heroines are:
- Rosalind Franklin, who not only did the x-ray diffraction that revealed the 3 dimensional structure of DNA. Her work on the structure of viruses led the way to understand even SARS, today. A brilliant pioneer.
- Then there is Jocelyn Bell Burnell who noting an unusual signal tracking with the stars, discovered pulsars, rapidly rotating neutron stars. The signal was so unusual that it was dubbed Little Green Man 1. After receiving a substantial prize she donated all of the money "to fund women, under-represented ethnic minority and refugee students to become physics researchers."
Bravo to both.

But for me it was a woman, Floria Mader, an amateur paleontologist who gave a presentation to children at my local library that I attended. She took me under her wing and so began my interest in paleontology and geology that I still enjoy 61 years later.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom