• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

2017 Solar Eclipse - 95% in Joplin Mo

Keigan

Restless Mind
V.I.P Member
we survived, it was noticeably darker but not night time darkness.

Attachments

• IMG_1544.JPG
    IMG_1544.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 0
I'll see about 45 to 50% partial eclipse, it's overcast here, will happen in about two hours, E.T.Z.

I'll see about 45 to 50% partial eclipse, it's overcast here, will happen in about two hours, E.T.Z.

Well, I suppose the important thing is to enjoy it, and not to take a dim view of it all. :p

uk-eclipse-august-21-2017JPG.jpg

This is what we can expect in the UK. I'm in one of the two areas that it will be visible from, although there's a fair degree of cloud here at the moment. It should have just started, so I'm going to see if I can see anything.

And I'm back. The sun is too low to be seen at all from my house. Too many trees and other houses in the way.

We had 99.4 % totality in Nampa, but even at that it never got dark. We only had one pair of eclipse glasses, so I watched it with my welding hood. I kind of wish we would have went twenty miles or so north into the path of totality. I thought that it would get dark with 99.4 %, but I was wrong.

I was about to Copperas Cove, Tx. and it was maybe 70%. I grabbed my welding helmet before I left and I was trying to take a cool picture, but the reflection off the ground was messing it all up... I thought it would work. Never could get it, but oh well.

Thats cool that you all got 95%

I'm in Springfield and was disappointed. I just thought as close as we were it would be more noticeable. Oh, well, it was fun seeing all the little half moons on light on the sidewalk where the sun shines through the leafs.

We had 99.4 % totality in Nampa, but even at that it never got dark. We only had one pair of eclipse glasses, so I watched it with my welding hood. I kind of wish we would have went twenty miles or so north into the path of totality. I thought that it would get dark with 99.4 %, but I was wrong.

(Humor)
You were standing in a small spot of shade that was overwhelmed by all the light around it, luckily the shade spot did not go into withdrawal or meltdown.

I was about to Copperas Cove, Tx. and it was maybe 70%. I grabbed my welding helmet before I left and I was trying to take a cool picture, but the reflection off the ground was messing it all up... I thought it would work. Never could get it, but oh well.

Thats cool that you all got 95%
It was kind of weird and a few people were euphoric as their brains did not adjust fast enough to the change in light. We had two minites on each side of the peak that was very calm, beyond that two minites you would truly tell that the light was changing.

80% coverage here in Calgary... Sadly I was busy at work the whole time so saw nothing... :( I'll have a rather pathetic answer to where I was for the big 2017 solar eclipse... I know of some people who even traveled into the eclipse zone, I had no vacation days to use... o_O

Hey, guys. I just got back. I drove 200 miles to a small town in Huntington OR. Where I had a chance to see 100% totality for 2 minutes. If none of you have ever experienced a 100% totality eclipse, then you really missed out. It's not like anything you've ever seen.

Hey, guys. I just got back. I drove 200 miles to a small town in Huntington OR. Where I had a chance to see 100% totality for 2 minutes. If none of you have ever experienced a 100% totality eclipse, then you really missed out. It's not like anything you've ever seen.

I'd agree, the last one really visable where I lived was in '99 (I think) The temperature really dropped and all was really grey, rather than dark. The lack of noise stood out for me. No birds or breeze. After about an hour all was back to normal and it was as if it had never been. Somewhat surreal.

New Threads

Top Bottom