• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your surroundings when on this forum

9327B3B4-C02D-4537-8029-EDAB3F2DCB05.jpeg

I realize this isn’t the greatest picture, but I’m sitting in the dark almost 95% of the time.

I kinda did that on purpose :)

Picture in picture sort of thing, though I hope that doesn't start a chain. "YOU MAY SUFFER" and all that...and for some reason, I want my very own LED sign now.
It displays anything I want to program into it.

At the present, it says "You may suffer the effects of severe psychological trauma as the result of any time spent here" :p

I check this site pretty regularly at work, and less at home. I took some pictures of my cubicle, but then decided that I didn't want to dox myself.

So, just picture grey cubicle walls, 3 computer screens, and several fidget things lying around - straws, cards, rubics cube, fidget spnner, 3-d puzzles, etc.

I check this site pretty regularly at work, and less at home. I took some pictures of my cubicle, but then decided that I didn't want to dox myself.

So, just picture grey cubicle walls, 3 computer screens, and several fidget things lying around - straws, cards, rubics cube, fidget spnner, 3-d puzzles, etc.
What does dox mean? And why the straws? :)

@Pats

Definition of dox
slang :
to publicly identify or publish private information about (someone)
especially as a form of punishment or revenge
Definition of DOX

Doxing or doxxing (from dox, abbreviation of documents) is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting private or identifying information (especially personally identifying information) about an individual or organization.

The methods employed to acquire this information include searching publicly available databases and social media websites...
Doxing - Wikipedia

how did I know! before I knew the exact meaning ,that it would have something to do with the realm of law ,I think it’s when I tried to understand the word ,I had the feeling of losing the will to live.

Thanks to @tree for defining "dox".

Straws because straws are my favorite fidget.

Backstory is here: Who needs fidget spinners? I have straws.

Here are some of my straw creations: Straw Stuff

I always have a couple straws to fold and fiddle with. Three months ago, we went to a restaurant in California that didn't give us straws for our drinks. I pulled one out of my pocket, unfolded it and used it.

If I'm at work or out of the house, I just make simple shapes with one or two straws - something that I can fit in my pocket or leave on my desk at work that won't attract too much attention. At home, I make more elaborate things - the things in the album linked above.

To my left: an end table cluttered with lots of books, my iPad and Nintendo DS, a partial can of Mountain Dew, and mostly-completed paperwork for applying for KanCare (just waiting for my parents to get some insurance paperwork before sending it off).

To my right: A rocking chair with a handmade (by my grandma) quilt on it in front of a pair of full bookcases.

In front of me: My dog sleeping on a blue couch across the room, in front of windows that provide a view of our backyard (mostly just the tree in front of the window, but some stuff is visible between the branches).

Behind me: the back of the blue-ish recliner I'm sitting in (I'm on my phone right now, not a computer) in front of a white wall.

It displays anything I want to program into it.

At the present, it says "You may suffer the effects of severe psychological trauma as the result of any time spent here" :p

See I would have just kept it at "YOU MAY SUFFER". No additional text needed. Just that.

See I would have just kept it at "YOU MAY SUFFER". No additional text needed. Just that.
To each their own, I suppose.

I'm all about making a humorous statement, and a simple "you may suffer" doesn't say a lot in my honest opinion.

Thanks to @tree for defining "dox".

Straws because straws are my favorite fidget.

Backstory is here: Who needs fidget spinners? I have straws.

Here are some of my straw creations: Straw Stuff

I always have a couple straws to fold and fiddle with. Three months ago, we went to a restaurant in California that didn't give us straws for our drinks. I pulled one out of my pocket, unfolded it and used it.

If I'm at work or out of the house, I just make simple shapes with one or two straws - something that I can fit in my pocket or leave on my desk at work that won't attract too much attention. At home, I make more elaborate things - the things in the album linked above.
I'm glad I asked. The straws are sooo cool!!!

how did I know! before I knew the exact meaning ,that it would have something to do with the realm of law ,I think it’s when I tried to understand the word ,I had the feeling of losing the will to live.
what? why?

My desk, where I do most of my forum browsing... Yes, I still use tower drive desktop computer, and don't even own a laptop... And I do live in a basement as you might notice...

A few things you might see, my Leica coffee mug (since I can't afford a real Leica camera), a pair of die-cast photo related cars (Kodak Bedford CA van by Corgi, Shipley Photo VW), cowboy boot pen holder (everyone has to have one! :)), vintage green lamp, Opus the Penguin stuffed animal, scanner, printer or two, a few photos and artwork on the wall, one is supposed to be caricature of me, etc...

The screen is set up for my Instagram account for my photography, of course ;)

my desk 01.jpg

My desk, where I do most of my forum browsing... Yes, I still use tower drive desktop computer, and don't even own a laptop... And I do live in a basement as you might notice...

A few things you might see, my Leica coffee mug (since I can't afford a real Leica camera), a pair of die-cast photo related cars (Kodak Bedford CA van by Corgi, Shipley Photo VW), cowboy boot pen holder (everyone has to have one! :)), vintage green lamp, Opus the Penguin stuffed animal, scanner, printer or two, a few photos and artwork on the wall, one is supposed to be caricature of me, etc...

The screen is set up for my Instagram account for my photography, of course ;)

View attachment 57708

What do you mean by "tower drive"? The way you say it makes it sound like tower PCs are obsolete, but that PC of yours looks like a pretty typical machine to me... I mean, my own main PC is super new and stupidly expensive, and it too is a tower. A giant bloated mass that doesnt fit anywhere easily.... yours at least slots in nicely where it is. Mine doesnt really fit anywhere at all and sits in an awkward spot and takes up space. Thinner machines can be quite the benefit, I tell ya.

Not owning a laptop aint a bad thing. Unless you travel alot or tend to do your work in awkward spots where a tower cant fit, laptops dont have too much of a point compared to normal PCs, which tend to be more powerful and also more reliable (laptops seem to suffer hardware problems very easily). Not to mention having a better keyboard... laptop keyboards are a great way to get hand cramps. I have a laptop myself but it only gets used while travelling... no reason to use it at home.

And living in a basement... honestly, I see it as a plus. Basements tend to provide more quiet solitude. Regardless of where I'm staying at any given time, I'm usually in the basement for much of the day. It just works out better. Main floors are highly overrated. Overall your whole setup looks nice.

Current system on the left, legacy computer on the right:

View attachment 57743

I can never quite understand how anyone can manage to keep a room so neat and tidy like that. I walk into a room and destruction happens. How could such chaos be controlled?

What do you mean by "tower drive"? The way you say it makes it sound like tower PCs are obsolete, but that PC of yours looks like a pretty typical machine to me...

:rolleyes: I often get the feeling I'm one of the few people to use a desktop computer anymore, as everyone uses laptops and tablets, I use my desktop mainly for photo editing... And that book tucked underneath my keyboard is a 1962 travel guide to the Alaska Highway, doesn't everyone have one of those? :)

I can never quite understand how anyone can manage to keep a room so neat and tidy like that. I walk into a room and destruction happens. How could such chaos be controlled?

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder controls me. I don't control it. :oops:

:rolleyes: I often get the feeling I'm one of the few people to use a desktop computer anymore, as everyone uses laptops and tablets, I use my desktop mainly for photo editing...

I can't imagine using any device with a small screen for photo editing at all. ;)

Last edited:
This is how mine is right now but it changes frequently. I like this layout cause it puts kitty's nap spot right beside my desk so she can fall asleep staring out the window while I procrastinate by watching her. That's her on the left now :)

Attachments

• IMG_3992.JPG
    IMG_3992.JPG
    559.1 KB · Views: 0

New Threads

Top Bottom