• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favorite places?

Home
Bed
Bath tub
Botanical gardens
Tropical beach resorts (private ones)
Driving on clear roads (alone in the quiet car)

Home
Work...strangely enough. After 8 years, the people I work with are like family. Even though I'm the only woman here lol.

And that's about it.

Home
my bed
bookstore
restaurants
museums
woods (been a long time since i have been in the woods, its the quiet that i like)

There are lots of places I like to be, but one that immediately comes to mind is a park in Nashville, near Hillsboro Village, named Fannie Mae Dees park (though nobody calls it that--it's mostly known as "Dragon Park"), where they have big, colorful ceramic-tile dragons that you can play on. It's a nice place to be on a sunny afternoon.

arlington-dragon.jpg

The space between my ears. A.K.A. My imagination. It might be hell in there, but at least my characters can try to do something about it.

woods (been a long time since i have been in the woods, its the quiet that i like)

I love the woods! I like to take my dog on long hikes...just her and me, and most of the time we don't run into another soul (besides the occasional deer or squirrel).

My room
The woods, ahh I love the woods, I can not express with words how much I love the woods. I used to live in a big city where I was absolutely miserable and kept cooped in my room for literally months at a time all summer long, I would get so white that my skin was more like transparent LOL. But in the late fall and winter when all the ticks and mosquitos went away I would camp at a plot of land my aunt and uncle owned in the country all alone or sometimes with my uncle who was cool. He was quite entertaining to sit by the fire with. Awesome at spinning yarns! The craziest stories of being a hippy in the 60's, or crazy anecdotes of his life. And that's all he would do, actually wouldn't let ya talk, LOL horrible filibusterer. LOL But that suited me just fine, like sitting by the fire with a live narrator full of books in his head. Those were some good ole days. These days aren't bad either, I no longer live in the big city but rather out in the country. My folks don't own any woods, but there just so happens to be at least a couple square miles (a few square kilometers) of them directly at the back of our property that I get to wonder through nearly endlessly. I've yet to camp for days in them since I don't know the owner and have never had the oppurtunity to ask for permission to do so, but it doesn't stop me from hiking through em any time I please. :)

My last post here mentioned a certain place in Nashville, I think...Here's another one. It takes a lot of self-control not to stop on by here every time I'm in town and spend an entire paycheck on music...

grimeys-store-front.gif

New Threads

Top Bottom