• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your anger is a potato

Have you ever read the story of Mary and Martha in the New testament it sounds exactly like Buddhism except at the don't tell you too chant anything
Yes, I have.

But, I'm afraid that you may be putting the cart before the horse.

Buddhism has been around for about a thousand years longer than christianity.

I would also point out that there is a long history of studying the mind, and seeing things the way that they really are, in the ancient east. Indeed, this has been practiced for many thousands of years, long before the Buddha's time, so, No.
I am not surprised that a similar story turns up in one of the abrahamic religions.

Have you ever read the story of Mary and Martha in the New testament it sounds exactly like Buddhism except at the don't tell you too chant anything

I had to look it up, but I had heard of it.
Never thought of it like that.

The bible one I like is

If thine eye be single,then thy whole body shall be full of light.

Which I take to be a similar type thing.

Yes, I have.

But, I'm afraid that you may be putting the cart before the horse.

Buddhism has been around for about a thousand years longer than christianity.

I would also point out that there is a long history of studying the mind, and seeing things the way that they really are, in the ancient east. Indeed, this has been practiced for many thousands of years, long before the Buddha's time, so, No.
I am not surprised that a similar story turns up in one of the abrahamic religions.
And what yeshua(Jesus) teaches comes from. before the beginning of time if you read torah

The disciples to yeshua the greeks arecoming (thinking we'll have some money )yeshua says" if a seed doesn't fall to the ground and die it can't be reborn" ,disciples wtf is he talking about a seed !(yeshua thinking they never get it I have all the gold in the world !)

I had to look it up, but I had heard of it.
Never thought of it like that.

The bible one I like is

If thine eye be single,then thy whole body shall be full of light.

Which I take to be a similar type thing.
I never get what a mote? moat is? In the take it out of your eye! looked it up in the dictionary still don't get it

upload_2020-2-7_10-16-53.png

Like a tiny speck of dust, for instance.

A "mote", is a speck, a very small part, or piece of... anything, as "a mote of dust"..

Also rhymes with goat,which is also a homonym for the Egyptian word for cat.
Remember which you have the ability to do, I can't !and I have a form of dementia from panic disorder and brain damage from infection ,short term memory is v bad , I don't connect picture with word yep I'm hard work

A "mote", is a speck, a very small part, or piece of... anything, as "a mote of dust"..
For some reason and you are honoured(brain rarely honours me with anything )brain said dust mote! I am astounded I thought it would be at least another 20 years

New Threads

Top Bottom