• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your anger is a potato

Fridgemagnetman

I only have one
V.I.P Member
Many among you will know that I have a propensity to talk nonsense,involving different fruits and vegetables.

Imagine discovering that none of it was actually nonsense.

Fortunately, I already sitting down a d I ruined my reputation and street cred years ago.

I came across an article by a zen master,who quite closely had stolen my vegetable metaphors..

I have used these words before but just not in this order, the order belongs to
THICH NHAT HANH :

Once we have recognized our anger, we embrace it. This is the second function of mindfulness and it is a very pleasant practice. Instead of fighting, we are taking good care of our emotion. If you know how to embrace your anger, something will change.

It is like cooking potatoes. You cover the pot and then the water will begin to boil. You must keep the stove on for at least twenty minutes for the potatoes to cook. Your anger is a kind of potato and you cannot eat a raw potato.
Mindfulness is like the fire cooking the potatoes of anger. The first few minutes of recognizing and embracing your anger with tenderness can bring results. You get some relief. Anger is still there, but you do not suffer so much anymore, because you know how to take care of your baby. So the third function of mindfulness is soothing, relieving. Anger is there, but it is being taken care of. The situation is no longer in chaos, with the crying baby left all alone. The mother is there to take care of the baby and the situation is under control.
Loosening the Knots of Anger Through Mindfulness Practice - Lion's Roar

What would we do without you to harvest our madness, lighten up our days and fatten out our bellies.

I only hope you did not boil the mother and the baby, too.

Some guides say it's like a cloud, it must pass through you and then it'll get on the other side and disappear into the sunset. It kinda sounds like birth.

We welcome the new potato into the world.

Last edited:
When I saw the thread title, I immediately pictured a Mr. Potato Head creation.

Far be it from me to argue with Thich Nhat Hanh, but if you cut the potato into smaller pieces, it can be cooked in fewer than 20 minutes. Just saying.

When I saw the thread title, I immediately pictured a Mr. Potato Head creation.

Far be it from me to argue with Thich Nhat Hanh, but if you cut the potato into smaller pieces, it can be cooked in fewer than 20 minutes. Just saying.

The guys obviously clueless. I didnt spot that.

I am really angry now and I don't know what to do. :)

Like Jesus said you have to watch out for false prophets and poorly thought out potato based amateur zen master metaphor splurters.

Last edited:
He must be a new age Zen master, as potatoes were originally first domesticated in what is now modern day Peru and Bolivia between 8,000 and 5,000 BC. A new world food for an old world religion.
And let's not even get started on the "eyes" of the potato...

He must be a new age Zen master, as potatoes were originally first domesticated in what is now modern day Peru and Bolivia between 8,000 and 5,000 BC. A new world food for an old world religion.

Excuse me. You cant prove Siddharta did not juggle with potatoes under the bodhi tree.

Not small potatoes either.

French fried and gulltined. WITH KETCHUP!!!!! Ah ha ha ha ha.
So, no love for neuro-typical potatoes...?
Pringles
full

We must revolt this dictatorship and free the potatoes, because life is meaningless without ketchup. Sign up sheet is to your left as you exit the forum.

New Threads

Top Bottom