• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your anger is a potato

This stuff makes my day :)

Nonsensically Imbued Fruit & Veg' Visualisation refreshes the parts other therapies cannot reach.

To obtain harmony again logic may dictate we boil the baby and nurture the potato?

Offer the potatoes to the crying babe and just boil the water?

Wear pan as ear coverings, juggle potatoes and ignore the baby?

In the brilliance of nonsense we can 'have our baby and eat...it? ...No, eat softened potatoes :)

Or we could just cuddle our anger. Hug and reassure it as if it were a very young child.

The same boiling water that hardens the egg, softens the potato.
... and the carrot, celery, swede etc.

Many among you will know that I have a propensity to talk nonsense,involving different fruits and vegetables.

Imagine discovering that none of it was actually nonsense.

Fortunately, I already sitting down a d I ruined my reputation and street cred years ago.

I came across an article by a zen master,who quite closely had stolen my vegetable metaphors..

I have used these words before but just not in this order, the order belongs to
THICH NHAT HANH :

Once we have recognized our anger, we embrace it. This is the second function of mindfulness and it is a very pleasant practice. Instead of fighting, we are taking good care of our emotion. If you know how to embrace your anger, something will change.

It is like cooking potatoes. You cover the pot and then the water will begin to boil. You must keep the stove on for at least twenty minutes for the potatoes to cook. Your anger is a kind of potato and you cannot eat a raw potato.
Mindfulness is like the fire cooking the potatoes of anger. The first few minutes of recognizing and embracing your anger with tenderness can bring results. You get some relief. Anger is still there, but you do not suffer so much anymore, because you know how to take care of your baby. So the third function of mindfulness is soothing, relieving. Anger is there, but it is being taken care of. The situation is no longer in chaos, with the crying baby left all alone. The mother is there to take care of the baby and the situation is under control.
Loosening the Knots of Anger Through Mindfulness Practice - Lion's Roar
Do you realise I thought there was a category on this forum called post a potato of yourself

This stuff makes my day :)

Nonsensically Imbued Fruit & Veg' Visualisation refreshes the parts other therapies cannot reach.

To obtain harmony again logic may dictate we boil the baby and nurture the potato?

Offer the potatoes to the crying babe and just boil the water?

Wear pan as ear coverings, juggle potatoes and ignore the baby?

In the brilliance of nonsense we can 'have our baby and eat...it? ...No, eat softened potatoes :)

Or we could just cuddle our anger. Hug and reassure it as if it were a very young child.

The same boiling water that hardens the egg, softens the potato.
... and the carrot, celery, swede etc.

@Gracey - when reading your post, Pam Ayres sprang to mind!! :D

I like my anger raw and dirty thank you very much! I refuse to touch that scurry clean variant of yours.

There's a place just opened up in Manchester called 'The Temper Tank'

I wish I'd had the idea first and opened one of my own for the public to use.

You could still express your raw and dirty without the legal consequences in this place :)

Hmmmm. If I were to correlate a vegetable with anger, it would probably be a jalapeno pepper. :p

Potatoes are your friend! ;)

There's a place just opened up in Manchester called 'The Temper Tank'

I wish I'd had the idea first and opened one of my own for the public to use.

You could still express your raw and dirty without the legal consequences in this place :)

I just took a look at Temper Tank, there are packages called Destruction time, Temper tantrum, and especially relevant to the current thread, Bangers and Smash. (Smash being a play on mashed potatoes.) I bet there's room for more of those type of emporiums, @Gracey, although this one's not for profit so it may be tough to make money at? And making no money can get a person ANGRY...:mad:

The first of many potato avatars...

We can change the the world.
Your image signifies the land of potatoes, the soil. As you are the king of potatoes and the beginning of the potato cultivation era. The red side is the most fertile. My fellow potatoes shall conquer it first. -steals image map and wiggles forth to battle along with the gran seedful chivalry-

Last edited:
Many among you will know that I have a propensity to talk nonsense,involving different fruits and vegetables.

Fortunately, I already sitting down a d I ruined my reputation and street cred years ago.

I came across an article by a zen master,who quite closely had stolen my vegetable metaphors..

THICH NHAT HANH :

Once we have recognized our anger, we embrace it. This is the second function of mindfulness and it is a very pleasant practice. Instead of fighting, we are taking good care of our emotion. If you know how to embrace your anger, something will change.

It is like cooking potatoes. You cover the pot and then the water will begin to boil. You must keep the stove on for at least twenty minutes for the potatoes to cook. Your anger is a kind of potato and you cannot eat a raw potato.
Mindfulness is like the fire cooking the potatoes of anger. The first few minutes of recognizing and embracing your anger with tenderness can bring results. You get some relief. Anger is still there, but you do not suffer so much anymore, because you know how to take care of your baby. So the third function of mindfulness is soothing, relieving. Anger is there, but it is being taken care of. The situation is no longer in chaos, with the crying baby left all alone. The mother is there to take care of the baby and the situation is under control.

Fridgemagnetman, my anger is French Fried, as I have not not embraced it or learned about mindfulness. I am scheduled for CBT to learn to get in touch with my emotions.

Maybe I will learn this in my CBT class?

THICH NHAT HANH :

Anapanasati is an amazing practice,
and learning mindfulness meditation is a productive and beneficial habit. It is, hands down, the single best thing that I have ever done for myself.

Thich Nhat Hanh is a wonderful teacher.
The Dalai Lama delivers discourses in
much the same vein. They both feel like "young" "old-souls". I would recommend for anyone to watch any of their youtube discourses.
Bikkhu Bodhi is one of my current favorites, and is an incredibly insightful teacher.

I'm grateful that I've discovered this practice.
We.
I'm grateful that we've discovered this practice.
I'm in good company.
:)

May you all be well.

Last edited:
Anapanasati is an amazing practice,
and learning mindfulness meditation is a productive and beneficial habit. It is, hands down, the single best thing that I have ever done for myself.

Thich Nhat Hanh is a wonderful teacher.
The Dalai Lama delivers discourses in
much the same vein. They both feel like "young" "old-souls". I would recommend for anyone to watch any of their youtube discourses.
Bikkhu Bodhi is one of my current favorites, and is an incredibly insightful teacher.

I'm grateful that I've discovered this practice.
We.
I'm grateful that we've discovered this practice.
I'm in good company.
:)

May you all be well.

Nice to hear from you sidd. I tend to make all things up myself,its nice when it matches.
But it's the onlymway I remember anything - if its mine.
(And even that is a stretch)

The guy has obviously been reading my threads :

"In Buddhism we cultivate aimlessness, and in fact in Buddhist tradition the ideal person, an arhat or a bodhisattva, is a businessless person—someone with nowhere to go and nothing to do." — Thich Nhat Hanh

Take care of yourself first,then others.

Nice to hear from you sidd. I tend to make all things up myself,its nice when it matches.
But it's the onlymway I remember anything - if its mine.
(And even that is a stretch)

The guy has obviously been reading my threads :

"In Buddhism we cultivate aimlessness, and in fact in Buddhist tradition the ideal person, an arhat or a bodhisattva, is a businessless person—someone with nowhere to go and nothing to do." — Thich Nhat Hanh

Take care of yourself first,then others.
Have you ever read the story of Mary and Martha in the New testament it sounds exactly like Buddhism except at the don't tell you too chant anything

New Threads

Top Bottom