• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Addictions

headphones, watches and video games are my vices - i'll spend hours trawling the web looking for info - if i don't find anything, that's ok - but if i do then its stuck in my head until i get it

I quit drugs and smoking 5 months ago, but used to have a serious smoking habit and an unhealthy enthusiasm for cocaine, ketamine and mdma. I wouldn't say I'm no longer addicted though, I dream about smoking at least once a week and when I'm drunk I seriously crave a smoke and a line. It's not that weird when you take into consideration that, at some point, i smoked two packs a day and used drugs daily.

My longest standing addiction is video games. I don't allow myself to play MMORPGs anymore because I am incapacable of pacing myself (as is the problem with drugs, alcohol and food :p ) and I can't play casually. Last week I installed WoW again because I really missed it, my boyfriend uninstalled it immediately afterwards because he knows I'll be back on Warcrack the moment I've logged in. I told him I just wanted to see what it's like these days but we both know that was a blatant lie :p

My friends like to joke about my video game addiction, but it's quite serious. As a typical Aspie I become completely obsessed with the game and ignore everything else ( like basic hygiene, going to work, proper nutrition and social interaction. My ex created an account on WoW just so he could hang out with me. I didn't hang out with him, because he was an annoying noob and I was embarrassed to be seen with him in game. I'm not proud of that, but I still would do the same thing today. I just wouldn't make fun of him over TS with my in game friends while he's in the room. Good thing my current boyfriend is better at games :D

Last edited:
Sadly no, I just have a Keurig at the moment.
coffee is so much fun when you do everything yourself, how fine to grind the coffee, which type of coffee maker, measuring the coffee amount versus the amount of water, brewing times, it's an art :), none of the stuff is expensive either

I am addicted to books, I read about three a week. All the money I spend on flimsy paper is rather ludicrous!
which authors do you collect or genres ,I'm still trying to find a holy bible i understand closest IVE come is the picture bible by Ivan hoth
even then IM stumped a lot even the bible for toddlers stumps me
wanted an illumina version of the bible but it was expensive and the living beings depicted were not accurate

I'm addicted to collecting rocks, crystals and seashells. Eventually I'm going to use all my seashells to make something really cool. Another addiction I have that I'm beginning to recover from I'd rather not talk about on a public forum.

Lots of coffee addicts here. When I was in Costa Rica the coffee was amazing. The same thing when I'm in Mexico, especially in Yucatan. I was recently in a little shop in Puerto Vallarta and the guy was trying to choose a coffee he thought I would like. I told him "all of your coffee in Mexico is better than all of our coffee in the USA." I just can't miss buying coffee there.

20170715_130229.jpg
My Oscar Goodman, former mayor of Las Vegas (his wife is mayor now), bobblehead collection. He now owns a very nice steakhouse in downtown Las Vegas, Beef, Booze and Broads. It has a mob theme because he was a mob lawyer before he became mayor back in the day, being of service to Meyer Lanksy, Anthony 'Tony the Ant' Spilotro, Nick Civella, Vinny 'The Animal' Ferrara and 'Crazy' Phil Leonetti.

which authors do you collect or genres ,I'm still trying to find a holy bible i understand closest IVE come is the picture bible by Ivan hoth
even then IM stumped a lot even the bible for toddlers stumps me
wanted an illumina version of the bible but it was expensive and the living beings depicted were not accurate
I collect just about anything, but fantasy and sci-fi are my favourite.

Tea, unsweet. Movies. Programming. Mechanical tinkering (computers, engines, anything I can get my hands). Reading (non-stop until complete). Gaming (<-Reading).

I'm at my best when I have tea while programming or tinkering with a movie playing in the background.

Chocolate, caramel, and the combination of both. For some reason, I find that they are better together as much as peanut butter and jelly.

Also, anything related to the internet.

This post is for anyone wants to openly share the type of addictions they have. My only rule is not judging someone over type of addictions they have.

I know one of my biggest addictions is my collecting toys including doll figures. It started last year when I got this current full time job. Every week at my local comic book store to look for something new to add to my collection. Below is some of the collection I have.

View attachment 35458

A few weeks ago I joined a new site of people collect dolls and action figures. Most of my life now is based on that site. I can view 1000's of photos of people collection every day. They have over 1.5 million photos so it something that will keep me busy for some time.

I had many comment I should give up this type of collection. However, I have no interest listening to anyone for this type of request.

My weird 'addiction' is studying. I'm up to sometimes 8 a.m. just studying whatever I feel like. It's not an expensive addiction and it's not too detrimental to my health. I just love knowledge and stimulation. It's not just a specific topic too, I study anything from forensic anthropology, to big words, to Srinivasa Ramanujan's life story.

I have a bit of an addiction to retro gaming. I love the older games like the Super Mario series, and anything well-suited for casual play.

Also have a music addiction, with an extensive vinyl and cassette tape collection. Mostly 70's and 80's rock and pop, but I also have a few jazz-fusion albums.

Latest addiction is jigsaw puzzles. I have quite a few of them. I prefer 500-750 pieces. Anything more than that can be a bit overwhelming to me, unless it's a subject of interest or it doesn't look too chaotic.

I have a bit of an addiction to retro gaming. I love the older games like the Super Mario series, and anything well-suited for casual play.

Also have a music addiction, with an extensive vinyl and cassette tape collection. Mostly 70's and 80's rock and pop, but I also have a few jazz-fusion albums.

Latest addiction is jigsaw puzzles. I have quite a few of them. I prefer 500-750 pieces. Anything more than that can be a bit overwhelming to me, unless it's a subject of interest or it doesn't look too chaotic.
Actually, you sound quite healthy. It's recommended that you start a new hobby each year.

I did had an addiction collecting retro game consoles. Starting from the mid 70's up to the mid 90's. Been a while collecting since I haven't found any great deals in my local area lately.

New Threads

Top Bottom