• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Addictions

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
This post is for anyone wants to openly share the type of addictions they have. My only rule is not judging someone over type of addictions they have.

I know one of my biggest addictions is my collecting toys including doll figures. It started last year when I got this current full time job. Every week at my local comic book store to look for something new to add to my collection. Below is some of the collection I have.

IMG_2878.JPG

A few weeks ago I joined a new site of people collect dolls and action figures. Most of my life now is based on that site. I can view 1000's of photos of people collection every day. They have over 1.5 million photos so it something that will keep me busy for some time.

I had many comment I should give up this type of collection. However, I have no interest listening to anyone for this type of request.

I collect things as well; I had never thought of it as an addiction though I suppose it may very well be.
Your collection is very nice :)

I get easily addicted to video games, but only play one at a time. Right now it's all about the online card game Hearthstone. I don't just play it every day for hours - I watch other players stream it, I read various relevant sites, I get very sore when I lose in ranked mode, and I talk about it to everyone (even those who don't play it).

Hey awesome collection, Penguin. I noticed the Leonardo ninja turtle; I have a similar Michelangelo figure but it's not part of a collection. I do have a bunch of Game of Thrones action figures though, I see you got some!

I am addicted to books, I read about three a week. All the money I spend on flimsy paper is rather ludicrous!

I get easily addicted to video games

This, and nicotine. Probably sugar to a degree too, although not as bad as I used to be. Pop figures, although only ones I'm interested in, rather than having to own every single one that exists.

Smoking.

Music, I suppose you could say. I always have music playing. In the shower, walking/travelling anywhere, when I read, when I go to bed.

I can become addicted to people aswell, which is as unhealthy as the smoking so I try to manage that one particularly.

You could call your collecting an addiction, or an obsession, or simply an interest. Which are you most comfortable with? :)

I'm addicted to coffee. I drink two cups a day.

Sometimes I smoke but I can stop by simply deciding to and not smoke for months or years. I'm not sure if that qualifies an addiction--I just think I smoke sometimes simply because I want to.

I like to have something sweet (besides my girlfriend) every day so perhaps I'm addicted to sugar but most likely it's the high-fructose corn syrup that's in my favorite cookies.

You could call your collecting an addiction, or an obsession, or simply an interest. Which are you most comfortable with? :)

I'm addicted to coffee. I drink two cups a day.

Sometimes I smoke but I can stop by simply deciding to and not smoke for months or years. I'm not sure if that qualifies an addiction--I just think I smoke sometimes simply because I want to.

I like to have something sweet (besides my girlfriend) every day so perhaps I'm addicted to sugar but most likely it's the high-fructose corn syrup that's in my favorite cookies.
Only two? I drink like 8 or 10. But I drink decaff. I drink it because I like the taste.

My addiction is drinking, I drink three nasty daddy's a night. It helps me to internalize myself so I can logicallize the events of the day, and get a good night sleep.

Doll collector addict here,I been collecting dolls for years and my favourites are 80s and 90s barbies,Disney princesses and other 80s toys like Strawberry Shortcake,My little pony and Care Bears but I also collect some Pop Vinyls too I also have gotten into Shopkins Shoppies and this is a photo of my newest I bought about a month ago.
IMG_1264.JPG

7eKam3J.jpg

My Pokemon plush collection (not pictured: Popplio, Litten, regular (not beanie) Emolga, and Giant Pikachu)

0i1xZEV.jpg

My manga & Studio Ghibli collection (not pictured: Bleach omnibus vol. 1, Full Metal Alchemist omnibus vol. 1, and When Marnie Was There)

New Threads

Top Bottom