• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You don't like anything

I hate it when people ask me what my 'favorites' are. Some things are better or worse in different circumstances or moods. That is all. When it comes to people, I think I know what love is, but I try not to use language that strong to refer to anything replaceable, allthough I do tend to become overly attached to physical objects, if they have been around for a while, especially when I was very young.

My PC is going on 7yrs old and I can't bring myself to upgrade it.:dizzy:

I think it's just a lazy way of speaking. Most people don't have the range of words to accurately express the range of emotions they feel towards something, so they throw out 'like' or 'love' as shorthand for 'positive feelings'. Although I can understand why and I'm sure I've been guilty of doing the same. I would much rather just show people what my brain does instead of having to think up stupid words that never really fit what I mean. Words are incredibly limiting!

AspieWatchmaker - I feel your pain. My 'baby' finally died this summer after years of hacks and upgrades. It was almost a decade old and I knew all of its little quirks and how to get pretty much any glitch or screen-of-death working again. I was genuinely sad when I could no longer ressurect it! Although I now have a VR-capable beast-mode pc that I think will last for the next decade at least. Everyone should have VR. VR should be a UN sanctioned human right!

Edit: "Your partner is as loved as your coffee? What happens when they have a bun and a coffee for you? Do you blow up with overload?" - This was such a great mental image! I do sometimes have moments where I am overwhelmingly happy if people do nice things for me. Although I've yet to actually explode! :D

Last edited:
I hate it when people ask me what my 'favorites' are./QUOTE]

I feel like I'm being interrogated for a crime when asked about my "favorites". Whenever people asked me about my "favorites" as a child, it was usually to find things to fault me for. You shouldn't like meerkats, you should like X like all the other kids. I once was asked who my favorite singer was and when I told them Eminem, the person asking "corrected" me because Eminem wasn't a singer. He was a rapper. And then "corrected" me that I should like Elsa's voice actress instead.

My parents used to complain about how I didn't "like anything", while also complaining that I talked about meerkats too much.

New Threads

Top Bottom