• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Writing

Lichi

Think of an idiot, only smarter.
I wonder if there are any other writers here. Does anyone relate to the ones below?

I am a person who has always liked writing. I am also a person who gets tired of writing. I noticed usually I get stuck or tired after introducing a character who has to be described. So when I start writing on the physical description it’s fine. When I start one the mood and setting as well as the personification it just starts to slowly come to an end. I have so many half characters in a book I have been writing for 15 years.

I am better at doing short texts on an idea going on in my head. It can be a general observation that I link to life, or just something I find interesting. Short texts are soothing for me to write.

Blogs and diaries make me sleepy. The minute I start re-living my own day the energy gets sucked out of me.

Have you tried flash fiction?

That type of story generally requires only a couple characters,
a setting, solid plot and structure, plus a keen sense for editing.
But not extended personality development.

1,000 words or less.
Sometimes much less.

I have lots of ideas for stories that I think are good, but I can never write them. I can think up the overarching outline of events in a story, but not the detailed description that makes something worth reading. So, either I'm not a writer, or I don't know the writing techniques required to go from big idea to little details.

Somewhat like @tree suggests, I found more success in a shorter, more constrained form. I write poetry. I write for fun, and I haven't had anything published (yet?) - maybe one day.

@tree - I usually write down events I’ve been through. Fiction is a bit difficult for me to go in to. I like details a lot and my own experiences are the best to use for details.

What I write can’t be considered poetry either. My works are sometimes just simple short lines within a theme that conclude quickly. Some of them are quite philosophical even.

My memoir was called "Fantastic!" by a world-famous best-selling author. I suppose that makes me a successful writer. Therefore perhaps my advice might be of worth.

You will, I presume, do well to read the pamphlet THE EMOTION THESAURUS written by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi. Also "The Emotional Wound Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Psychological Trauma"

I have a blog and I am almost finished with a book, both non-fiction.

I have written a few novels, got a high class agent, but I was cross-genre before it was cool. When the man retired I got too discouraged to keep struggling. However, I am picking it up again with a planned cozy mystery series.

I blog as part of my job, but not as often as I should.

Blogging works well if you're trying to help a specific population with a specific problem.

I try to write as if I'm writing an email to help a friend out

New Threads

Top Bottom