• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wow, just wow, it took just 5 posts!

If you wanna find hot spots go to love and dating and philosophy, politics and religion.

I'm kinda learning that if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all. I avoid places where the same philosophy isn't held to at least some degree.

I'm kinda learning that if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all. I avoid places where the same philosophy isn't held to at least some degree.

Agree, I try VERY HARD to stay away from the "parents of autistic kids" areas.

There are the awesome few who I want as parents myself... but then the majority seem to approach the topic as "how can I fix my child?"... So my stock response of "it's actually YOU that's broken" is not in any way constructive, so I've deleted quite a few posts along those lines!

As a father of a severely autistic son, I can kind of relate to at first looking for some kind of solution. If you've never been in the position of having a child who is struggling in every way, I'd personally refrain from making any comments that could be construed as negative. There's nothing that hurts worse than seeing your child suffer and the last thing you really need is someone to "teach you a lesson". Its simply not going to help. All that I want for now is my son to be happy and hopefully learn life skills that I won't be able to do for him once I'm dead.

Yes, totally agree, there are instances when I want to "fix" my children for their own good... if only they would co-operate!

So yes there are cases when this is valid, especially with classic autism and sensory overload. I really mean from more of an aspergers, social quirks perspective. Like, my kids doesn't have any friends. Great, neither do I and I'm happier for it!

As a father of a severely autistic son, I can kind of relate to at first looking for some kind of solution. If you've never been in the position of having a child who is struggling in every way, I'd personally refrain from making any comments that could be construed as negative. There's nothing that hurts worse than seeing your child suffer and the last thing you really need is someone to "teach you a lesson". Its simply not going to help. All that I want for now is my son to be happy and hopefully learn life skills that I won't be able to do for him once I'm dead.

Nothing that could even be construed as negative?

I am glad you are relatively accepting of your son's condition and have decided to find ways around the problems rather than brute force them. Really, I'm proud of you. Don't construe it as negative, cuz it ain't.

…Seriously, though. Is it really so taboo that we can't even say its name? How am I supposed to sate my curiosity?

Nothing that could even be construed as negative?

I am glad you are relatively accepting of your son's condition and have decided to find ways around the problems rather than brute force them. Really, I'm proud of you. Don't construe it as negative, cuz it ain't.

…Seriously, though. Is it really so taboo that we can't even say its name? How am I supposed to sate my curiosity?
Touché, you have a good point. Personally, I have no problem with the word Autism, but many do I suppose.

Oh, I mean the mysterious forum. All I know is everyone is being all secretive about it.

We like you here! Stay away from toxic. Just stay away :)

I have found this board to be a very positive experience. Most on here are always so helpful and encouraging. Being an aspie can be a tough life for many. We should always strive to encourage each other as much as possible. Too bad the other board is not this way. It's the same all over the internet. I'm a member of several carpet cleaning forums and it's the same. You get a negative group for awhile then people come and go and it changes.

New Threads

Top Bottom