• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would you eat bugs?

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
I think it is so wrong and disgusting
Because bugs are beautiful animals too.
But would you dare?
Have you ever swallowed a bug or fly? I wonder if you swallowed a spider or mosquito it would bite all the way down
Probably not the saliva would kill it but so disgusting.
If spiders crawled from your mouth I would he scared of you like a monster
praying mantis women eats the males heads.
Any more random facts about bugs.
Ladybugs bite, in fact probably most bugs do but maybe not all.
Butterflies are pollenators too.

I have not eaten them as an entree, but there are allowed percentages of insect parts in all graded food stocks. There was an explorer in New Guinea who was having a hard time choking down a meal of grubs. The guy beside him leaned over to confide "I know how you feel. The grubs are much better in my village, too."

No. I'd much rather catch an insect to use as bait in order to catch something more nutritious and palatable. Like fish as a prime example.

I have eaten grasshoppers and they're quite delightful

Deep fried of course! And cooked in lime too

So yes, I'd eat bugs depending on how they're made

To any omnivores, I would ask why not eat insects?

They seem like a more sustainable food source than using much of the world’s arable land to feed cows.

1692376679421.jpeg

I've had chapulins (grasshoppers) in Oaxaca but really enjoyed the Sal de Gusano (salt with dried ground agave worms) with Mezcal. (after a few sips of mezcal things really taste good)

Last edited:
Nope. Oddly, I live a few miles from the guy who used to pre-perform all of such challenges for the show Fear Factor. If it ended up on the show, it's because he did it way before hand and proved it was safe enough. He was paid handsomely, as you can imagine.

Nope. I don't even like lobster or crabs, which basically giant bugs. On the other hand, I can't understand why I have to to feel like a horrible monster because I sprayed a couple of annoying, disease-spreading flies earlier today.

Of course, humans are also annoying and disease-spreading, but I can't spray them.

And spiders don't crawl into our mouths as we sleep, that's an urban myth. They actually try to avoid the hot stinky breath of mammalian creatures.

Absolutely freaking not.

I hate almost all meat products anyway though. Just... blegh. Smells bad, tastes worse. LOOKS worse too, in most cases.

Though I will eat tuna for some inexplicable reason. No, I dont know why. That's it though.

Because bugs are beautiful animals too.

Yeah, this is generally how I feel about it too. Even as a kid I always had to catch them whenever they got into the house and put them outside, rather than what most people do...

Well, except house centipedes. I always just let them do their thing, even though they dont pay any rent. They're too fast to catch really and I dont have much patience, so hey, may as well just watch them zoom across the floor super fast. My mom's house has them.

These guys:

R (1).jpg

Funky looking things, arent they?

Funky looking things, arent they?
Ours aren't anywhere near as poisonous as yours but they still really hurt when they bite and they get to 12 inches long. I don't want to try eating one of them.

I'm curious to try grasshoppers one day, I'll try almost anything once, but other than that I'm mostly a carnivore and I will happily chase my own food down and kill it.

IMG_20210708_075641-2048x1536.jpg

The bug we have in our meadow is the Cicada Killer wasp. These, at 1.5 inches, are pretty impressive, but they are not aggressive.

Cicada-killer-wasp-and-burrow-2-Pat-Porter-2018.jpg

Yes I would, but only under one condition:

The world's wealthiest 1%, all of them, give certifiable and verifiable proof that they've led the way for humanity and have eaten nothing but insects as their non-vegetarian protein source for a period of five years straight. Once it's proven without any doubt that they've abstained from any animal flesh whatsoever for that period of time, then...bring me the roasted crickets and cockroach milk. However, if that condition is not met, then no, I won't be eating bugs.

Ours aren't anywhere near as poisonous as yours but they still really hurt when they bite and they get to 12 inches long. I don't want to try eating one of them.

Fortunately the house centipedes are generally harmless... they generally never bite and even if they do, it doesnt really do anything. I mean, I guess it would be annoying.

They avoid people in any case. They're content to stay in the shadows.

But yeah, probably not a good idea to try eating one.

I've already eaten shrimp with the shell on and that's basically like eating an insect, so hell yeah gimme some crickets or whatever.

New Threads

Top Bottom