• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Worst Visual Effects Thread

I hate CGI with a passion because I can spot it a mile away. It doesn't matter how big budget a film is - it sticks out like a sore thumb and it utterly ruins the escapism of a movie for me.

Ed

The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl.

The CGI in that movie (which was apparently made as a birthday present) is downright abysmal.

:eek:...okay, not a good epileptic thread!

Flashing things usually don’t work out well, we learned this one Christmas a few years ago.

Carry on, I’ll visit elsewhere :p

Who Killed Captain Alex, though it has a strong cult appeal for anyone into that sort of thing the visual effects aren't exactly Hollywood. The director had a very limited budget to work with though and the passion to see it all the way through.

I can't link to the film due to forum rules, but you can find it on Youtube.

I'm pretty sure some of the Children's Film Foundation films will count here - mainly as their movies were usually made in under a fortnight and on a budget supplied by a voluntary tax taken from all cinema ticket prices (tickets at the time costing sixpence).

Here's a clip from Supersonic Saucer which I posted on a previous thread - with the "Alien from Venus" been portrayed using a mix of hand puppetry and cheap animation: Supersonic Saucer The Children Meet Meba

Here's another from the CFF film serial, Danny the Dragon:

New Threads

Top Bottom